iMaschine not working on iPhone X

Discussion in 'iMaschine' started by Blojam, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Blojam

Blojam New Member

iMaschine 2 no longer even opens on my iPhone X. Does anyone else have this problem or can any NI support staff shed any light on this? I have reinstalled the app several times but it still crashes on start up. I can’t even find a way to create a ticket with NI anymore regarding this. Very disappointing.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  2. Garf Richards

Garf Richards NI Product Owner

I’m able to load it up on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. Blojam

Blojam New Member

Thanks Garf. I think it may have stopped working after I updated to IOS 12. Are you on IOS 12 or 12.1?

4. Suicide

Suicide New Member

Hello....this app makes me seriously freakin out! Try to use it on iPhone 5 and made something really sick there over hundreds of hours what should be released on vinyl soon, but now it crashes nearly every time I want to start it, especialy when I load new soundpacks from my pc on it. Wtf is wrong with that ****? Never had this before....sometimes the reset browser database helps but mostly not :( Thought about jumping out of the window. Please help me....how must the settings when this reset

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  5. Garf Richards

Garf Richards NI Product Owner

12 bro

6. Blojam

Blojam New Member

Thanks again Garf. I’ve sent the crash logs to NI now and hope they will find a solution.

7. Hebreww

Hebreww NI Product Owner

Yes same here and NI doesn’t seem do anything about this.
    I got a iPhone 6S it crashes all the time
    Or i’m loosing great projects..

8. Blojam

Blojam New Member

I’ve just got a message back from support saying they don’t know what the issue is after sending in my crash logs other than to make sure that low power mode is turned off and that they can’t help me any further. However, turning off low power mode has actually seemed to solve the issue so far for me. I’ve used it in low power mode since it became an option, so it must be a new problem after an IOS update. Shame I deleted the app before trying this as I lost a few good projects that I was unable to export before deleting.

9. jimmyjelopi

jimmyjelopi New Member

If anyone is still having this problem, I have recently run into this and have seemingly fixed the issue.

The problem seems to be caused by power saving settings in IOS. I normally run my handset with power saving mode as the battery is usually terrible. I turned off power saving and the app launched perfectly. I then turned power saving back on and the app would crash as soon as I tried to open.Turning off power settings has fixed this problem for me and I hope it helps anyone else having this problem.

10. Blojam

Blojam New Member

Same here Jimmy. That’s the only way I can get iMaschine to work these days too. Be nice if they did some updates to resolve these things and improve the app but I think they seem to have given up on iMaschine now by the look of it.

11. Olihop

Olihop NI Product Owner

Is the new update of imaschine is out?

12. jimmyjelopi

jimmyjelopi New Member

I agree, its really unfortunate they don’t seem to be supporting this anymore. Creativity strikes anywhere and being able to use Maschine in a portable way is amazing. I hope NI either make a new Maschine app or improve the existing one as heaps of people are having this problem, even on new devices .

13. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

There is an iMaschine update on its way: https://www.native-instruments.com/...e-maschine-komplete-kontrol-imaschine.356733/

14. jimmyjelopi

jimmyjelopi New Member

15. Hebreww

Hebreww NI Product Owner

16. jacqui brookes

jacqui brookes New Member

Can’t see much difference?