1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Important Notice Regarding Traktor DJ on iOS 11.3

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR DJ (for iPhone and iPad)' started by Mick @ NI, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

Hello,

It’s come to our attention that there is an issue with TDJ on iOS 11.3. When you first launch TDJ on iOS 11.3 the audio engine will not start. The workaround is to put the application in the background (pressing the home button) and then returning. Upon returning TDJ will function as normal.

Please note that every time you quit the application you will have to do the workaround stated above.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brandon Bosch

Brandon Bosch New Member

Mick, has there been any discussion of NI supporting Traktor DJ software again? It's truly an awesome piece of DJ software and your fans have continued to be dedicated to it. I've been DJ'ing professionally with it since its inception and in no way do I want to give up my "setting loops with 2 fingers" style of mixing. Thank you so much.

Brandon
    CUTTaRUGG
    The Celebration DJ

• Like Like x 3
  3. CitizenAttila

CitizenAttila New Member

There is a bug with iOS 11.3 and the S2 mk2's VU meter for deck B. I have submitted an issue for this already; #1496411, which has not been responded to. Why is NI's support so vacant lately? Quoted from my issue tracker ticket and the thread I started:

"When using Kontrol S2 Mk2 with Traktor DJ on iPad Mini 2 running iOS 11.3 there is a problem with the VU meter on deck B.

When I stop playback on deck B via the PLAY button, the VU meter freezes instead of dropping down to zero. If I stop playback via holding down the platter of deck B's jog wheel, the VU meter acts correctly, and the level drops down to zero. You can 'clear' the VU meter after stopping the deck with the play button by touching the platter this way, but this is not a real solution. Note that deck A works completely as expected, with no problems. This problem only exists with the iPad, the S2 works fine with my PC.

Does anyone know what is going, or can suggest a fix?"

4. ffntal

ffntal New Member

Then guys at NI please go fix it. iOS 12 will be announced in a couple weeks and TDJ is already broken in 11.3... Cmon!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. GenErik

GenErik Active Member

Never had this issue in iOS 11.3 or 11.4, but upgrading to iOS 12 I get it every time I connect the Z1: Audio freezes and playing tracks won't work. I eventually got it to work for one gig, but was unable to replicate it next time I tried and I had to reset the iPad to 11.4.1. Just something to be aware of in the upcoming release.

6. GenErik

GenErik Active Member

Anyone with a Z1 upgraded to iOS 12 yet? Just want to know if the issues from the beta regarding playback has been resolved.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

Great question. :thumbsup: I am still on 11.2 because afraid my TDJ would struggle, but i really want to upgrade to 12 soon.
    so NI: please we need some advice !

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  8. sam i am

sam i am New Member

yep pretty keen to know if there are issues with iOS 12. Traktor Audio 2 mk 2 completely stopped working with one of the previous iOS version upgrades so not inclined to be a guinea pig again

9. ibsh

ibsh NI Product Owner

My Z1 now only works as an Audio 2 :(

No MIDI control at all via iOS 12.

EDIT: Upon further examination this is only true of Traktor DJ for iPhone, not for iPad. Why are these still separate distributions? The world may never know.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  10. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

Omg, umbelivable, thanks for telling us !
    Did anybody test TDJ on iOS 12 with the S4 mk2 or S2 ?

11. Jike

Jike NI Product Owner

You mean "S4 mk3" and "S2 mk3" i guess ;)

12. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

No, i mean the mk2 model which worked well in past with TDJ (and iOS11) !
    So the question is do they still work with iOS12 (or will it be same problem as the Z1 above)
    I do not expect that the new mk3 models will work at all with current (old) TDJ version.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  13. sam i am

sam i am New Member

can't believe NI are leaving it to users to do these tests

14. Moxie

Moxie NI Product Owner

One reason I purchased the new S2 MK3 was to use an iPad when I'm packing light... How long do we have to wait for it to work as advertised? At least give us an ETA! Thanks.

15. Casper²

Casper² New Member

iPad Air with iOS 12 and Z1: No Problems here

16. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

Thank you for letting us know :thumbsup:

17. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

Did you get the new S2 already ? .. if yes, could you test with current TDJ ? I would be (positively;)) surprised if it works .. on NI website i can't find anything about using S2 with TDJ )in opposite to older S2 in past), seems NI removed all links ... so please let us know, does TDJ recognize the new S2 ??

18. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

.. just seen your EDIT: the iphone version in app store is much older than the iPad version (since a longer time already), umfortunatly, it does not even support icloud metadata store (Dropbox only which is out of support in TDJ). So in summary it feels like the iphone is not longer supported from NI all at in moment :(o_O

19. GenErik

GenErik Active Member

Continuing this. TDJ1 and Z1 on iPad OS 13.1 works fine.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Brandon_U-ATX

Brandon_U-ATX New Member

I played around with Traktro DJ 2 with my old S2 Mk2 yesterday. It's Meh. You don't have all the mixer effects and they are all tied to your channel A & B dry wet knobs. You have to use the drop down carrot in the program (windows 10 desktop user); which is very annoying because you can't change or remap anything. Other things I noticed; no master sync option, no snap, no quantize, no reverse, and pretty much all kinds of performance pad options. It literally is the most basic DJ software I think I've seen. Don't expect to be blown away. If Traktor DJ 2 can get Spotify, Tidal, Beatport, etc going and continue to build on this basic entry foundation of TDJ2 then they will have a winner down the road. As of right now, I can not recommend TDJ2 to any advanced DJ. If you are just getting started....sure, give it a try. It's free.