Importing History as playlist - file tags or playlist tags??

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by keithlnc, Oct 28, 2013.

1. keithlnc

keithlnc Forum Member

I want to import my history file from a gig on Saturday as a playlist. I'm prompted by Traktor when doing this to chose between file tags and playlist tags. What is the difference? I can't find anything on this in the manual, or from searching on the forum. I presume its to try and protect from any synchronisation issues, but I only want the list of tracks played - so I don't see why choice of tags should make any difference.

I have used Traktor since Saturday night, and may have played some of those tracks from Saturday night again, but don't know what I should do.

In future, maybe it's easier, before closing Traktor to drag everything in the history folder to a new empty playlist.

Grateful for any help.

2. mrk2013

mrk2013 NI Product Owner

Find the file under the Archive tab - right click and "add to playlists" - very simple.

3. mastermc

mastermc NI Product Owner

file tags

4. keithlnc

keithlnc Forum Member

haha - simple. I didn't even know there was such a tab. Manual could be improved here, as it just talks about importing, hence the original question.

Thanks!

5. traktortips

traktortips Forum Member

Where is this archive tab you mention?

6. keithlnc

keithlnc Forum Member

Click on Explorer and it's in there - playlist folders for every session on Traktor. I didn't know about it either!

7. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Seriously? We've had 'Archive' in Traktor since the first version of Traktor Pro. ;)

Archive is mentioned on Pages 45, 46 and 66 of the current manual and has been in all previous manuals.

Karlos

8. keithlnc

keithlnc Forum Member

fair enough - obviously skipped over that point when I read the manual. That said, when I tried to work out how to recall a former session, I deferred to the manual, where it talks at length about importing previous history sessions - I don't know the page number, but you probably do ;). A footnote in this section, saying you don't have to import them, as you can also retrieve them from the archive folder would have cleared up any confusion on my part (and others').

9. traktortips

traktortips Forum Member

Too funny - and I thought I knew every little nook and cranny.....

10. traktortips

traktortips Forum Member

I think the word 'import' is a little confusing as it makes me think that I am re-importing the tracks causing duplicates, but this is not the case and doesn't duplicate the tracks in collection. Awesome little feature and tip! Thanks all... new post coming about this on the site - thanks!

11. Karlos Santos

It is an 'Import' as you are importing the Archive playlist from the History folder to the Browser Tree not the tracks.
    The playlists in Archive are saved in the History Folder.
    The Playlists in the Browser Tree are stored in the collection.nml.

I look forward to seeing my credit ;)

Karlos

12. mrk2013

mrk2013 NI Product Owner

Me too, since I pointed it out FIRST.

13. traktortips

traktortips Forum Member

You are both written in, immortalised in the traktortips pages for eternity! :D

Scheduled for Nov 5th ;)
    Thanks

14. sengaia

sengaia NI Product Owner

Have been using this feature for a very long time and its very handy if you might forget trackname or file location in trackcollection, playlist or hdd.
    Its sometimes easier to recall a list with a played track at a certain time, then trying to find track again in collection :)

But what I miss in this feature : you sometimes browse through and listen to parts of 100 tracks during a 20 track set, you might not want the 80 tracks you didnt play in your set to be in that list. some kind of "time played - filter" setting would be nice to have together with this feature

15. sparky sanchez

sparky sanchez Forum Member

not in front of my laptop now but thought something like this had been implemented.

16. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

there is. check yo preferences :D

17. Karlos Santos

I don't wanna sound like an old bore but Is anyone reading the manual these days.:|

Karlos

18. sengaia

sengaia NI Product Owner

Thanks, took me some time to find. Maybe I am blind and old:D

I have probaly forgotten some of what i read in the manual

Preferences - transport - Play Count

19. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

Who wants to play with me? :D

20. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

I know you were away for a bit so maybe you've forgotten that nobody has ever read the manual. :)