1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Improvements for next release: wish list for feature requests

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by d33psp33d, Oct 9, 2014.

1. toto le robot

toto le robot NI Product Owner

I have to say that i'm dispointed with my purchase, it's really useful to find a sound but in a daw it's preety useless.
    no external sidechaining
    if you put a chain of effect you can't have mutiple external output
    no effect rack.
    what I would like is in ableton to be able to put my native or any nks instrument or efects in a chain and that the keyboard is capable of recognise that it is an nks instance and switch accordingly so that i can have the mapping and the preset available,.that way no problem with sidechains, external outputs

2. cliffm

cliffm NI Product Owner

I personally feel the same as the above poster. I've been with NI Since the Traktor Final Scratch days. It's really frustrating to see Komplete Kontrol not a fully integratabtle solution.

My biggest complaint is no way to save the mappings globally.The mappings area at the top of the KK software seems to be completely separate from the Midi template section. It would be logical to combine them and let the user save the mappings to templates and be able to recall those templates. Even better would be able the ability to highlight a bunch of presets and apply a template to them, much like editing the tags.

Using effects is limited to the Komplete Kontrol Plugin. It is extremely frustrating to purchase an effect with NKS support but not being able to use the NKs Browser, mappings/etc on audio channels or busses.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  3. UdoBehm

UdoBehm NI Product Owner

Bitte macht es irgendwie möglich, dass sich durch kurzes oder wegen mir auch langes oder Doppeltippen auf einen Button zur Steuerung einer Automation dies auf den ursprünglichen Wert zurücksetzt. Dies wäre mega praktisch, vor allem, wenn man nur mit Sounds experimentiert und schnell einen Wert wieder da haben möchte, wie er ursprünglich war

4. UdoBehm

UdoBehm NI Product Owner

Bitte fügt eine Art Macro Seite bei den Plugin-Parametern ein, die - wenn vom User aktiviert - als erste Seite bei den Plugin-Parametern in Komplete Kontrol angezeigt wird. Ich würde darauf gerne eigene Parameter aus allen verfügbaren Parametern aus den Instrumenten zuweisen und diese mit dem Projekt in der DAW und somit auch in Komplete Kontrol "speichern" und wiederaufrufen können

5. aimoii

aimoii NI Product Owner

Yes, we definitely need On-Screen Overlay function for A-series.

6. stevefal

stevefal New Member

Multi-channel audio support. I use Kontakt and other instruments for sound design for film and television. Having lightguide makes finding sounds and keyswitches a breeze.

But with surround sound (5.1, 7.1, etc) and ambisonic/binaural production, the Komplete Kontrol plugin falls down because it does not support the multichannel sources use in dimensional sound.

It also doesn't support plugging dimensional effects (ambisonic reverbs, panners, compression, etc) because they require more than two audio channels as well.

Kontakt itself support e.g. 5.1 surround, but not in the context of a Komplete Kontrol host, as it doesn't support beyond stereo.

7. nightjar

nightjar NI Product Owner

Having an on-screen MIDI keyboard always available as an option from the top level of KK would be very handy when a real keyboard is not attached.

8. d0stenning

d0stenning NI Product Owner

In ABLETON CONTROLLER MODE: We should be able to switch between MIXER mode and BROWSE mode directly - without having to go to PLUGIN mode first.

There is no reason or logic why these extra button-presses should be needed.

9. d0stenning

d0stenning NI Product Owner

KK PREHEAR functionality needs to be much better.

Inside the plugin there needs to be

A ) a way to adjust the PREHEAR volume from the KK Keyboard itself via a knob. not just turn it off or on.

B ) a way to route the PREHEAR audio output to a multichannel plugin output in the DAW so that one can - if desired - use CUE type functionality to audition the PREHEAR sounds via headphones when performing live in a same situation as a DJ would.

Ableton allows one to assign the PREHEAR level of its own instruments and samples to a stereo channel ( say 3+4 ) in the DAW for CUE functionality. It ought to be possible for one to use exactly the same CUE mechanism in Ableton to audition all the PREHEAR sound clips in Ableton via its own CUE mechanism.

10. BOOM BAP XL

BOOM BAP XL NI Product Owner

*Open Komplete Software GUI from hardware

*Mixer mode reflects the Various Mixers in DAW [eg Cubase has 5 possible mix views that don't reflect/mirror in Komplete]

*Sample Editing Capabilities for when controlling Maschine.

*Note repeat too, and other missing Maschine Functionality (Maybe be able to reassisgn any of the existing buttons to achieve this, if not through shift + functionality?]

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  11. UdoBehm

UdoBehm NI Product Owner

Please give users the option to change the octave buttons behavior. I want to quickly go one octave up by pressing the octave up button but then want to go down to the normal state again when pressing the same (octave up) button again instead of having to push the octave down button. So what I want is to single press octave up or down goes up (or down) only one octave. If I press it again I want to go back to the normal state. No second or third octave needed. This was so much handier for play... Please allow to set this mode!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. darshie76

darshie76 NI Product Owner

I really hope to see cubase integration with the M32; should work out of the box, but it does not,and it feels like a generic Midi controller in the end.

Also the array of buttons and knobs are useful in KK software, but only to a point. If you want to work full mouse-less, that is not possible. Either I expect too much or nobody has the need to just work on their midi controller, without the need to touch a mouse and keyboard.

13. daswesen

daswesen NI Product Owner

I would really like to have velocity curve mapping for the M32. I absolutely love the M32, but I always have to send the velocities through some fairly drastic compression. It's almost impossible to hit velocities above 100 without really banging on it, which impedes the velocity you usually gets from softkeys.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Daniel Sykes

Daniel Sykes NI Product Owner

I just finished going through the entire manual and I have a few very basic recommendations for now.

1. An Undo function for the KK plugin. The way it is now, if you are deep into the sound design process and have yet to save your patch and you accidentally hit a button or double click on something that loads a new preset, then you are completely screwed and can't get back what you had been working so hard on. A simple Undo/Redo would fix this problem.

2. You should not have to press shift to bypass effect plugins on the keyboard.
    Button 7 is unassigned as a primary function in plugin mode,so it makes no sense to make effect bypass a secondary function (ie you have to press shift) for button 7. Not only is it an annoying and pointless extra button press but it also makes it impossible to bypass effects while playing the keyboard for A/B'ing sounds. (I only have two hands, so if one's on the keyboard and the other is on button 7, then should I hit shift with my nose?)

3. Scrolling to an empty plugin slot on the keyboard should automically put it in browser mode. There is no reason for it to stay in plugin mode since there is literally nothing you can do in that mode with no plugin loaded. Automatically switching to browser mode would just eliminate an unnecessary button press.

4. Please add the ability to save plugin chains!
    (Sorry, I know this one us not as basic as the others and I'm sure it's already been mentioned.)
    If you want Komplete Kontrol to be the primary way people interact with their plugins then you have to implement this basic functionality. Otherwise the DAW's inbuilt tools win every time.

That's all I've got for now. I've got plenty of other grandiose ideas about how Kompete Kontrol could be improved but they are not as simple and practical as these. I feel like most of the things I mentioned above are super simple fixes. I really hope I see some of them in the future.
    And please correct me if I'm wrong about any of the stuff I said but after having perused the manual, I don't think I've missed anything.

• Like Like x 2
  15. UdoBehm

UdoBehm NI Product Owner

[​IMG]
    Still missing a macro/user site that can be added in Komplete Kontrol that defines 8 macro or user controls that can be assigned to any parameter of the instrument in Komplete Kontrol and is shown as first page before all the other controllers get shown (as well on the instruments as in Komplete Kontrol). I want this macro controller site to be saved within the DAW project (not within the instrument!!).
    Also I'm still missing a way to quickly set back only ONE control to its initial value without having to reload the whole instrument within Komplete Kontrol. Maybe double tapping a controller on the instruments controller hardware can do so or in Komplete Kontrol??

16. UdoBehm

UdoBehm NI Product Owner

Hi, Please allow to save, export and import MIDI Templates... for some reasons, my templates got deleted, I don't know why (I didn't do it myself). Also I figured out that eventually the velocity settings in my MK2 setup page become resetted to "linear". Could you fix that so that the settings always remain as I set them the last time?

17. UdoBehm

UdoBehm NI Product Owner

[​IMG]
    If it's not clear what I mean I try to illustrate: These are the inital values when loading a preset. It's nice to change and play with the controls... However, if I want to set back only ONE parameter, I have to reload the whole preset in case I do not remember what the original parameter value was when the preset got loaded... It was just nice, if I could RESET ONLY ONE parameter INSTEAD OF HAVING TO RE-LOAD the whole preset... Maybe this could be realized by double-tapping a parameter or holding it for a while or pressing any combination + the controller for that parameter in order to set it to the value that it has had when the preset got loaded?? Hope you find a way realizing this useful idea :) It would be especially helpful when trying to find new preset configurations that someone wants to save. You would just be able to reset some values instead of having to reload the whole preset again and you still can change the other controllers and figure out what suits your needs...
    Also, I'd like being able to reset the controllers in Komplete Kontrol on my desktop (not only on the keyboards). Maybe right clicking a controller might do so??

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  18. Daniel Sykes

When browsing all products on one of the KK keyboards with a full lcd screen it would be nice to have some sort of visual feedback that indicates which product the presets belong to.
    It is not so much an issue with instruments because of the prehear feature (though thats only true for factory presets of course). But for effects if I am browsing all presets for all products and I see a preset named "almost clean," I don't know if it's going to load a tape sim, a Saturator, or what (it's an amp sim BTW).
    Even within a certain category like EQ for example, I would love it if there was some kind of cue for which product will be loaded.

A simple way to do this would be to highlight the product icon on screen 1 as you scroll through presets on screen 2.

19. Daniel Sykes

One last thing. A simple way to rename user presets would be very nice.

20. Daniel Sykes

Note Repeat is available in the Arpeggiator section. At least on the S-Series MK II keyboards it is.
    Or is the Note Repeat feature different/better on Maschine?