1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Improvements for next release: wish list for feature requests

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by d33psp33d, Oct 9, 2014.

1. robertroff

robertroff NI Product Owner

Parameter locks (ie. snapshots) like in Maschine please. Macros like Maschine would be good too. You guys have all this cool stuff in Maschine yet Komplete Kontrol is bare bones for features. I don't understand.

Even better than the parameer locks and snapshot morphong from Maschine would be if you had a grid of snapshots like in Kore that could be manually morphed between snapshots (you could use two of the knobs like an XY. Or modwheel + performance strip. Or even just the performance strip for morphing between saved parameter states. But I think a grid of 2x4 snapshots would be good like Kore where the mod wheel morphed the vertical 2 snapshots (2 rows) and the performance strip morphed the horizontal 4 snapshots (4 columns).

2. aimoii

aimoii NI Product Owner

1. Function for opening / seeing instruments in KK software while browsing without using a mouse (from the A-series keyboard)

2. Highlighting a software knob from the KK software indicating which knob is touched from the keyboard. (same for the Maschine software)

3. Daniel Sykes

Daniel Sykes NI Product Owner

I know it's been mentioned many times before but I feel I have to add to the chorus.
    Please add the ability to save custom NKS mappings (knob assignments) as presets that can be applied globally.
    It's bad enough that you can only save custom mappings to user presets but if you ever decide you want to update your custom mapping then you have to resave all of your presets with the new mapping.
    This is a big hassle for something that should be really simple.
    In Midi mode you can save preset mappings. Why not in NKS mode?

4. robertroff

It seemed really useful on the MK1 keyboards that the display showed the parameter value as a bar so that you could see quickly how low or high the value was relative to the whole range. Now there is just a text value readout. You don't know just looking at a value what the maximum is so it's actually less useful than how MK1 showed the value. Could that bar be added back on the screen to show the value relative to the maximum?

5. robertroff

You should allow the scroll wheel to scroll directly to a page of parameters. Having to press a next/previous buttons a dozen times to get to the parameter you need is ridiculous. Also a list of pages would actually let us see the names of the pages like it is in the software. I'm really surprised by basic omissions like that. Unless I've missed this functionality (hopefully).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Daniel Sykes

Daniel Sykes NI Product Owner

Another day, another "really, you can't do that?!"

Please add the ability to automate effects parameters. I mean, you've got effects mapped, you've got an automation button and you think, "surely this will work." But no.

I did read in some threads that this feature (this very basic feature) should be coming soon. Those threads were from 2018 though so I am a little skeptical right now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. UdoBehm

UdoBehm NI Product Owner

Add a custom controller page where 8 knobs can be configured to any parameter of a device and get saved within a project in the DAW. These controls should appear as first plugin-controls if this function gets enabled. Also I'd like to reset a single control to its initival value instead of having to reload the whole instrument and therefore resetting all controllers...
    Also I do not understand why I first need to press on plug-in and then having to press "browse" on the keyboards instead of pressing the browse button immediately. Also would like that the 4-way-encoder would switch back to the browsing page when rotating it when in plug-in mode to easily change the instrument without having to press the browse button.
    Also I'm missing the possibility to save and ex- and import MIDI templates for the keyboards.
    Hope you may implement these features...

8. bencristina

bencristina New Member

iOS Support!

When connecting to iPhone XS, the device boots up to MIDI Mode but is not recognised by any audio application. A 'take it anywhere' controller should work with iOS devices like many other products do!

9. UdoBehm

UdoBehm NI Product Owner

Why is it still needed to press the plug-in button first in order to be able to select the browsing button on the keyboards?? Can't you light up the browse button as well and make it usable always instead of having to press the plug-in button first??
    Still I also miss the possibility to come back to instrument browsing when rotating the 4-d-encoder when in plug-in mode. Would like the keyboard to switch back to preset browsing automatically when I rotate the encoder...
    Also still missing the possibility to reset single (only one!) automation controllers (at a time) by one click instead of having to reload the whole instrument and therefore reset all controllers instead... Was nice if only one controller could be reset to its initial value...
    And what about my idea of macro controllers in Komplete Kontrol that get shown up as first controller page if the user wishes to activate this function??

10. Stormchild

Stormchild NI Product Owner

One thing missing in KK mk2 (which the mk1 does have) is the tiny bar graph for each knob that shows the current value relative to min/max (and center, for bipolar controls). While it’s nice to always see the value, in many cases the value alone doesn’t tell you the position of the knob. Some plugins report values like the actual frequency of the filter cutoff rather than the standard 0–127. And sometimes MIDI controls don’t use the whole value range. For example, all of the 2/3-way switches on the SH-01A have a value range such as 63–65.

I imagine those bar graphs were added because there wasn’t enough space to show both the name and value of each parameter, but the graphs were useful and should be brought back.

11. EduCampi

EduCampi New Member

Some things missing in the MCU implementation on MK2.

1) UNDO, QUANTIZE and CLEAR buttons send MIDI CC, but the buttons backlight is OFF. It should be ON while in MIXER mode like the rest of the buttons that do send CC messages.

2) Some button combinations that are used on the supported DAWs, are not sending any CC. It would be useful if they would, so we could configure our DAWs to match the same button combination as the others
    SHIFT + Page Left/Right (Switches between tracks and bus/master in Cubase)
    SHIFT + Encoder Up/Down (Switches knobs between volume and pan)

Thanks

12. nightjar

nightjar NI Product Owner

KK needs its own on-screen midi keyboard to use with any instrument. Laptop users don't always have a physical keyboard attached. I don't want to fire up my daw to get to an on-screen midi keyboard - I want to stay in KK as a stand alone app to do my library organization and experimenting with instruments.

13. Jonathan Perez

Jonathan Perez New Member

I'd really enjoy, and i'm sure a lot of other people would, full integration with FL Studio.

• Like Like x 1
  14. s.sameer

s.sameer New Member

For the record, Image-Line team are working on embedded python midi/hui script utility which will allow other developers, manufacturers and users to integrate hardware controllers to FL Studio.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jonathan Perez

Jonathan Perez New Member

Thanks for the info! Really looking forward to this.

• Like Like x 1
  16. UdoBehm

UdoBehm NI Product Owner

Let notes that change the instrument characteristic (mostly around C0) appear in the plug-in section of the keyboards... Instead of having to press the octave down button as long as you can see and press these notes show them up on the plug-in screen and let users activate them with the white keys for example and scroll through them like other plugin parameters by switching the pages...
    For users that don't have Machine installed you also could use the five buttons that are designed for use with Machine in order to trigger the notes that change the character of the instrument...

17. Scott Frost

Scott Frost New Member

Please update a way so that I can switch from Internal to External hardware without unplugging the usb cable, this shouldn't be an issue in 2019. Also a way to change the midi channel from the keyboard itself.

• Like Like x 1
  18. cojoguitar

cojoguitar New Member

PLEASE!!!

Light Guide... Display scale intervals and chord tones in different colors.

I'm a geezer. Guitar, bass, keys are my instruments of choice. I *LOVE* my NI tools.

Question: Can the Light Guide be set up to display scale intervals and/or chord tones in different colors? [I've combed through all 268 pages of the manual and was unable to find any answers in this regard.]

Disclaimer: I'm proficient on several instruments. Unfortunately, my keyboard skills are the not what I would like them to be.

Situation: When recording, improvising, and/or discovering melodies using Smart Play functionality, I often get lost and look for a chord interval to land on. It would be REALLY nice to have, say, the 1st, 3rd, and 5th intervals indicated within the Light Guide. As it stands, the guide lights [all blue] show the notes of the scale... And that's a great thing... But... When I'm writing/improvising I want to land on chord tones on various beats. If the Root was BLUE, the 3rd was RED, and the 5th was GREEN... This would be a lot easier and help with flow, confidence and note conviction.

One step further would be even better! Say... The 1st ,3rd ,4th ,5th ,7th all in difference colors [red, blue, yellow. orange, green].

Respectfully...

-C.-

19. rolomotox

rolomotox NI Product Owner

maybe it's been mentioned but I would like to be able to scale the brightness of the guide lights and touch strip, from brightest to off. In theire default I find them way to bright.

20. UdoBehm

UdoBehm NI Product Owner

[​IMG]
    Please allow to reset controls to the value that they had when the instrument got loaded. E.g. when the detune parameter had a value of 64 when loading the instrument give the opportunity to reset just this control instead of having to reload the instrument and therefore reset all the controls of the instrument. This gives the opportunity to play with an instrument and its controllers but allows to reset single controls to its initial value without having to reload the whole instrument again...