1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Improvements for next release: wish list for feature requests

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by d33psp33d, Oct 9, 2014.

1. UdoBehm

UdoBehm NI Product Owner

[​IMG]
    Think this idea would be especially helpful for keyboards smaller than the S88, which don't show some "controls" on the left side.
    E. g. when Kontakt instruments contain preset switches (like most of the Organs do) it is hard to switch between them if the keyboard doesn't show them. Using the octave buttons to actually "see" and press them is very difficult and makes playing in the meantime hard... Why can't you simply add these preset switches that are normally around the C0 key to the plug in view so that it's not needed to change the keyboard octave in order to access these preset switches. They could simply be accessed by the 8 control knobs when in plugin page mode. You could simply add the preset switches as first page before all other controls... Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. AudioDog11

AudioDog11 New Member

Chord/Arp mode in standalone. The same as what Akai and Arturia already do. I would love to be able to use my hardware with KK’s sequencer without needing a computer.

• Like Like x 1
  3. UdoBehm

UdoBehm NI Product Owner

Make the touch strip of the MK2 keyboards allocatable to every control an instrument offers and allow to save it within a DAW project or the instrument itself (if there is no indivual allocation to a instrument control the touch strip could still use the global MIDI CC that is set in Komplete Kontrol)

• Like Like x 1
  4. da Player

da Player NI Product Owner

the name of the chord thats being played (scale &chord set) should be shown somewhere like in Logic if you play a chord (via Midi) you see it's name in the Transport window.

5. Mario Medina

Mario Medina New Member

As a live performer , I need to be able to change MIDI templates (presets) via Program Change, not just manually with the Preset button. That would be a HUGE help. :) Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  6. nightjar

nightjar NI Product Owner

As part of the new strategy, I would welcome more & more of the legacy Komplete content to be re-packaged into the "Play" series and making the Play series the earliest to have scalable GUI's.

The Play series correlates to the KK keyboards in an extremely usable way and is tremendous for the actual workflow of creating music.

7. nightjar

KK is needing a big improvement in its development & marketing to more genres. It can be an excellent creative tool for ALL styles of music, BUT it is too heavily focused on either scoring for picture, or genres broadly in the "Electronic Music" realm.

What KK needs is big, new outreach in Rock, Folk & Country in all their sub-genres. This market is ripe for growth with the right effort.

And more vocals libraries for all genres.

We are not hurting for more sounds in Techno, Hip-Hop or related genres... these are well-serviced already.

8. HarrySound

HarrySound New Member

Quite simple. All KK needs is a RESIZABLE WINDOW.

• Like Like x 5
  9. nightjar

Needs more than that.. BUT.. resizable windows are crucial. Shortcut for now would be to get more legacy content repackaged into the Play series. And have this Play series become resizable quickly. Then dive into the bigger task of offering resizable windows for more complex editing GUI's.

This will offer users a good window into the vast catalog of NI legacy content and will correlate well with the 8 knobs on the KK keyboards. The Play series is very quick and usable for creating SONGS, rather than sounds.

**** oops, this post was a bit redundant with my earlier post in this thread. I initially thought it was a different thread regarding future of NI in general...

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. kevaquarian

kevaquarian NI Product Owner

Oh perleazzzzzzzze - yes - I was stunned at the tiny GUI for Kontrol when I opened it recently on a high res monitor.... This is number one priority for me please....

And I notice it wasn't included in that linked questionnaire??? That was the only reason I went there, to vote for a bigger GUI.... ;-(

• Like Like x 1
  11. darshie76

darshie76 NI Product Owner

m32 supported in Native controller editor please.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

https://www.native-instruments.com/...r-komplete-kontrol.349841/page-2#post-1781137

13. 1992

1992 New Member

I would like a "sample edit" function...I own both the kontrol mk2 and maschine mk2. I cannot edit / chop the samples on the kontrol display, but i would think that would be cool to have.

14. shamoo!

shamoo! NI Product Owner

Can we have the ability to re-arrange control mapping or pages by drag or drop. It's kinda annoying mapping out a page then having to delete it again because I wanted to change the page order. :(

• Like Like x 2
  15. michaelft77

michaelft77 NI Product Owner

I still can't use automation in Logic Pro 10.4.6 with the KK keyboard parameters

16. pranaearth

pranaearth NI Product Owner

Thats an Apple issue, not NI. Send a report in to Apple through the Logic app itself

• Like Like x 1
  17. trusampler

trusampler NI Product Owner

I'd like to see the ability to chop / slice loops inside of Komplete Kontrol. The Loops option is ok, but i find myself wanting to do more with the loops, besides just playback.

18. d0stenning

d0stenning NI Product Owner

Improve keyboard split mode so that for example a split can be assigned to different MIDI output port (1 or 2 ) as well as channel

19. d0stenning

d0stenning NI Product Owner

please. FIX and improve the usability of the 8 configurable CC buttons via the editor.

The way lights respond is unintuitive ( or buggy?)

also we need a "RADIO BUTTON MODE" option. whereby two or more buttons can be grouped as radio buttons where only one of the N buttons in the group is lit at any time.

20. icmusic

icmusic New Member

Please add support for Komplete m32 to Controller Editor