Improvements for next release: wish list for feature requests

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by d33psp33d, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Stanislav Zalevskyi

Stanislav Zalevskyi New Member

NI, please, make this happen! When in track mode inside maschine, KK a-series knobs and 4-d encoder controls nothing!((( This is so frustrating... So, Is it possible to make 4-d encoder to control currently selected track volume, when in track mode? And Shift+4d for panning of selected track? Please, make this happen, NI!

2. France_

France_ New Member

+1 to this. I was experimenting with the Maschine software only to find out the knobs on my M32 do nothing in track mode. We should be able to at least adjust track volume.

3. DC McAuliffe

DC McAuliffe New Member

Oh, for the Love of Crumb cake, let me edit factory tags!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Home Studio

Home Studio NI Product Owner

Yes Please please please........

• Like Like x 1
  5. Syngularity

Syngularity New Member

Enable writing of fx plugin parameters into host!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. UdoBehm

UdoBehm NI Product Owner

Suggesting you to add another sorting method in Komplete Kontrol for products, types, sub types, characters and more. If a product is used most it should appear on top of the list, as first entry. The second most used product should appear as second entry and so on. Only products that have not been used yet should be sorted by the alphabet (as everything is sorted right now), but appear after the ones that were sorted by their amount of usage. This would help browsing much faster and finding the preferred sounds faster. Of course there should be the possibility to switch between both sorting modes quickly - having the alphabetcial sorting method and being able to sort the way described above. So if the Massive instrument "Cliptrip" was used most often and Massive was opened the most in Komplete Kontrol, this product should appear as first product in the list, the Synth Misc category should appear as maybe most used type, the Percussive sub category as most used sub type (if this applies) and the instrument be shown as first instrument in the list until another instrument was used more often. Hope you may implement that idea...
    In additon, it was great if the amount, how often a instrument, product, type... got used was also saved in the favorites.db3 file so that this information could be copied to other computers too...

7. UdoBehm

UdoBehm NI Product Owner

Would like being able to set a list of instruments/effects in Komplete Kontrol that can be accessed by program change commands and be switched as needed as it is possible to do in Massive or Guitar Rig for example. It was even better if all instruments in that list could become pre-loaded by Komplete Kontrol in order to achieve quick preset changes for live performances... Even better than this would be if the Komplete Kontrol keyboards would get some knobs to quickly switch between these presets in that list... Maybe such a (preset switching) feature could become available to the Mk2 and Mk1 keyboards too that do not have such preset switching buttons that I would like the keyboards to get (maybe as a new control feature for the 8 buttons above the displays that already are available but not programmed for such a feature yet)?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  8. Michael Mason

Michael Mason New Member

Re mapping knobs/controls to personal preferences can be saved as either with the patch or globally with all patches.
    Allow the 8 top row push buttons to be assigned to radial on/off buttons.

9. UdoBehm

UdoBehm NI Product Owner

Add possibility to quickly reset each mapped value by double tapping a knob (to the valua that it had when the instrument got loaded). I don't like having to re-load the instrument if I changed more than one parameter and if I just want one value to be reset...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. bencristina

bencristina New Member

Close enough but not there yet. It's great that Knobs, the pedal and the keyboard are finally assignable for the M32. But why, Why, WHY did you leave out the strips?!

11. UdoBehm

UdoBehm NI Product Owner

Please allow to insert a "first page" that automatically adds 8 unassigned knobs when needed (to any instrument):
    [​IMG]
    These knobs shall work as user mappings. All of the 8 knobs should be user configurable and be shown as firtst controller page when this page gets activated in Komplete Kontrol. I would like to have 8 user mappable knobs as first controllers and be able to activate and deactivate these (the page) as needed.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  12. UdoBehm

UdoBehm NI Product Owner

I was talking with the support about this before: When inserting several Komplete Kontrol instances in Ableton Live inside instrument chains (in an instrument rack) the S61 MK2 keyboard does not map itself automatically to the instance that is currently playing. Could you fix this?
    Also I'm missing the mixer channels for Instrument Rack chain channels that are visible in Live but not on the Komplete Kontrol keyboards. Could you add all (chain mixer) channels to the keyboards that can be seen in Live? Attached you see my Live configuration (without Komplete Kontrol added yet):
    _Band.als

13. backbeat2

backbeat2 NI Product Owner

+1 Love to see that in Maschine too

And control parameter macros like Kore 2 back in the days of Kore.
    You have the code for macros in NI Kore 2.14 why don´t you use this for Maschine 2.9.1 and Komplete Kontrol?

14. Stormchild

Stormchild NI Product Owner

+1
    This would be fantastic.

15. CubaseThomas

CubaseThomas NI Product Owner

Presets including the effect chain (optional)

16. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

It is in Maschine, although the process is a bit clunky as you need to select which params you want to automate and add them in Maschine first, then automate them in the host.

17. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Better than nothing though. If only Maschine supported aftertouch I'd use it for all my instruments instead of KK.

18. UdoBehm

UdoBehm NI Product Owner

Please make a way better Ableton Live integration in the Mk2-keyboards than there is now.
    1. I would like to see Instrument Racks that contain Komplete Kontrol mappings as shown here ir.jpg also to be controllable on the Mk2-Keyboards. Maybe it would be possible to use the (grayed-out) left button lr.jpg when in plug-in mode in order make the 8 Ableton Live Macro controls visible in the Mk2-Keyboards and to control them from there??
    2. When switching between several instances of Komplete Kontrol inside a Instrument Rack chain (that become activated by a chain selector) the Mk2-keyboards do no auto-focus on the currently played instrument. Please make the keyboards always auto-focus and auto-map themselves to the currently played instrument inside the chain (see the attached Band2 project for example).
    3. Also concerning Instrument Racks: If there are several instruments loaded (or channels available) in this rack the Komplete Kontrol keyboards do not show the mixer of each individual (chain) channel. Only the main channel is shown. Please also show each channel that at least contains a Komplete Kontrol instance on the keyboards IR_mixer.jpg .
    Thank you!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  19. Stanislav Zalevskyi

Stanislav Zalevskyi New Member

Knobs on kk a-series still do nothing in track mode. There's no way to control track volume from a controller. Come on, NI, so the controller can manipulate track faders in all the major daws (including reaper which is not oficially supported) except for the Maschine?.. Hope you'll make something with this in the next update

20. sdimitrije

sdimitrije New Member

Setting a loop region in a DAW with the big knob? Is this possible? Maybe It has been discussed before but i'm unaware of it.

If you can move the cursor with the big 4d knob, why can't i make a selection by holding shift and moving the cursor? That I would find extremely useful and I wouldn't have to grab the mouse all the time.

• Like Like x 1