Improvements for next release: wish list for feature requests

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by d33psp33d, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Demen

Demen New Member

Sample slicing/editing in Komplete Kontrol please (like in Maschine mk 3)

• Like Like x 2
  2. EpicEsquire

EpicEsquire New Member

It has been said before, but here it goes anyway
    Scalable GUI

3. DorkVader

DorkVader New Member

These basic features that exists even in my other 10 year old midi controllers:
    - midi out should work even if usb is connected
    - play functionality should exist in midi mode eg. scaling, arp etc which exist in all other even €50 controllers without external software
    - midi templates , arp and scales should of course work also when you unplug the USB
    - midi should be generated by the controller not the computer software which causes strange glitches and routing problems with midi

4. zenbarai1

zenbarai1 NI Product Owner

MIDI TEMPLATES

• A visible list of MIDI templates on the keyboard, rather than just cycling through the preset buttons.

• The ability to assign a MIDI template to an instance of Komplete Kontrol, and save it with the patch preset. Templates could be selected via a pop-up menu. This way, every time a particular instance becomes active, the corresponding MIDI template switches automatically.

I love the MIDI template feature for being able to label keyswitches and CC controllers, and to be able to use those to write automation. Since I'm on Pro Tools (don't hate, I have good reasons), I don't have expression maps or articulation IDs, and the knobs and buttons in Plug-in mode won't write automation to my tracks. MIDI templates are a great workaround, but it's time-consuming to locate a particular one when you have a lot of them.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. zenbarai1

LIGHT BAR HANDLING OF BLACKENED KEYS

Some plugin developers make their unused white keys black, which show up as purple on the light bar. This is close to the (slightly purplish) blue of the default color for the available note range, making it harder to see which keys are in use and which are not.

It would be great if the keys that were made black would show up as unlit. This could be a preference setting, or simply a change to the way the display works.

I attached a picture of how the keyboard looks on the computer screen, and a picture of my light bar. The keys on and below my finger are purple, the keys above my finger are blue. The photo magnifies the problem, but it's definitely harder to see than it should be.

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 3.34.40 PM.png IMG_3864.jpg

6. Corey Pedroso

Corey Pedroso New Member

M32 should be able to have the same functions with the 8 encoders as the MK3, Studio, and MK2 when it comes to the sampler. I should be able to add chop points, control start and end points, etc.

7. metrosuperstar

metrosuperstar NI Product Owner

KOMPLETE KONTROL SOFTWARE:
    Consolidate the Factory and User tabs. For gods sake having 2 tabs and libraries split in 2 different areas (if they happen to load at all or on the correct side) is a nightmare. Make things SIMPLE: put all libraries/instruments on the ONE tab.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  8. zenbarai1

MOVE THE INSTANCE LIST TO THE LEFT SIDE OF THE SCREEN

This is a simple one: when you press the Instance button on the keyboard, you get a list to choose from. However, the list is placed on the right 1/3rd of the screen, so the info you need gets cut off.

The library names are often longer than the number of available characters, so you can’t see the patch names at all. This makes the Instance list unusable.

If you move the list to the left side of the screen, or abbreviate (or remove) the library name, we could see which sound we’re selecting.

9. Benoit Peeters

Benoit Peeters NI Product Owner

Hi there!

I suggested I another post already:

I really think NI should make better use of the screens on S-series keyboards and on Maschine Mk3. It would be so nice if plugins and effects (mostly EQ and so) could have graphic representation. Like the eq in Ableton (with oscilloscope).

I get used to EQing in Ableton because of that. I sometime got great ideas using my Maschine, then I rebuild the track in Ableton because it is really easier to manage effects...

Hope it helped.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

10. metrosuperstar

metrosuperstar NI Product Owner

As far as the S Series keyboards go, I have the S88MK2 and I really wish the LCD displays could be raised at an angle when composing... half the time I can't see whats written due to pale text on pale background or just ambient lighting combined with the flat angle. I think being unable to raise the displays out of the S series was a missed opportunity.

11. d0stenning

d0stenning NI Product Owner

Given that virtually every second day mY KK 88 mk II loses its template data - including INFURIATINGLY ..... the settings for the sustain pedal...
    .....until NI developers actually get off their arses and figure out why. KK controllers are repeatedly losing their templates...
    ... until then....
    PLEASE GIVE US THE MEANS TO name, SAVE and LOAD TEMPLATES to/from disk !!!!!
    I am sick and tired of having to reprogram my KK controller to do the SUSTAIN PEDAL PROPERLY !!!

12. trusampler

trusampler NI Product Owner

Faster Plugin Scanning is needed!!!

13. trusampler

Make the Hardware better > A keyboard with Pads to consolidate maschine inside komplete kontrol ;)

14. trusampler

NKS support for Nexus 3

15. trusampler

More information on the new NATIVE DAW coming!! :)

16. trusampler

Faster scanning and loading of the database! Needed terribly

17. SkipperTim

SkipperTim NI Product Owner

iOS Support. I would have thought that would be essential these days. I have an M32 which is the perfect travelling companion - as is my iPad Pro. The latter has twice the speed of my Mac Pro 3Ghz 6-core tower! Many creatives are moving 100% to iPads for all sorts of creation and production.

18. Troove

Troove NI Product Owner

19. trusampler

NI, Lets link the two products together,in terms of Maschine and Komplete Kontrol. For example in Maschine I can slice and layer sounds, and sequence, but in Komplete Kontrol, I can't. I own both, but would rather just use my Kontrol 61 to do it all on, yet I cannot chop samples on the KK61MK2. make it more like the ASR10 in terms of being able to do it all on board. Charge $1,000 for the board,I don't care, I just don't need the Maschine part, I'm sure there are many others in this same situation.