1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Improvements for next release: wish list for feature requests

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by d33psp33d, Oct 9, 2014.

1. UdoBehm

UdoBehm NI Product Owner

The other option, of course, would be (if NI would prefer that) to add tags like Polyphonic or Non-Arpeggiated or Non-Synced/Looped as opposite criterias to the already existing tags. Tags like "metallic" maybe don't have an opposite so that this "not filter" wouldn't really be a good possibility to implement for all the tags in the Characters area. But I think that tags like Polyphonic and Non-Synced/Looped as well as Non-Arpeggiated are definately missing in the filtering section, maybe even more...

• Like Like x 1
  2. UdoBehm

UdoBehm NI Product Owner

Ok, I've tried to build my own NOT Filter in Komplete Kontrol:
    [​IMG]

Was thinking, if I selected all of the Character tabs and deselect the ones that I don't want to have I would get good results:
    [​IMG]

As you can see, NI doesn't seem to have characterized all of their sounds yet, which makes it hard to filter out all the characters that I DO NOT want to get shown. If I have no character selected I would see around 32.300 sounds in my browser:
    [​IMG]

As soon as I select all of the character criterias (see picture above) I only have 27.000 left.

And it looks like that all of the Monophonic and Arpeggiated sounds as well as the Sequenced/Looped sounds are somehow available in other characters too since the search results do not make a huge difference compared to the picture above where all criterias werde selected (I both times get around the same number of instruments no matter if I deselect these three criterias that I don't want in my search results or not):

[​IMG]

It seems as if this method is not working... Can and do only hope that NI truly integrates such a NOT Filter, as you were telling or adds criterias to the Characters like Polyphonic or Non-Arpeggiated or Non-Looped/Synced that would have the NOT Filter effect and really filters out Monophonic sounds or synced/looped sounds or sounds that sound somewhat weird or Monophonic (of course it was good if NI also characterizes all of their sounds that are not characterized yet for that purpose... but better to get a few sounds less than having no NOT Filter or no Chracter criterias that act like a NOT Filter for monophonic sounds and other stuff)...

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  3. d0stenning

d0stenning NI Product Owner

How about a little love for the TEMPLATE EDITOR PAGE ?

For example just a duplicate feature would be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mattrixx

mattrixx NI Product Owner

My greatest wish! FASTER loading of Komplete Kontrol and the Komplete Kontrol plugin within DAWs

• Like Like x 1
  5. d0stenning

Please add a search by text box to the KK plugin! this is present in Kontakt - but for some weird reason not in KK.

Now I realise of course that KK is kind of intended to be used only from the KK keyboard controller itself - but we alll know - that very often in a DAW one WANTS to be using KK but is actually doing stuff by mouse in the DAW. For some things its faster.

So when mousing around in a DAW on a project that has loads of tracks with instances of KK on them - if one has a very large collection - like Komplete itself - it would be much faster to just be able to search for the library one wants to load by just typing into a search bar.

Come on NI!! up your game! the KK plugin right now is a joke. Whether resizing issues, search bar, general bad-ness of the UI experience...
    ... put some love into the software! and don't just treat it as a means to earn income from sales of hardware or libraries.

Get the damn PLATFORM right !!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jojo123

Jojo123 NI Product Owner

Hi there NI! Please please please....

New to NI and so far here's what Id really appreciate:
    * A better way to manage presets such as customizable tagging
    * A better way to search for presets
    * Key Commands of some sort to advance through preset lists. I know on some plugins I can do an arrow up/down and return
    * Resizable plugin windows right across the board
    * Customizable colours

Thankyou!

• Like Like x 1
  7. David Willis

David Willis NI Product Owner

I had to laugh at all these dreams. I went to the google doc and voted NOT IMPORTANT on every single thing. None of them matter because KK is just too damned buggy. Crashes all the time. Loses functionality. Stops previewing. ALL FEATURE ARE USELESS WHEN ALL IT DOES IS CRASH WHEN USING LOGIC. Gee, Logic is only the most used DAW in the universe, so maybe concentrate on making that work first???

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. BaumannMusic

BaumannMusic New Member

Keir @ NI
    A simple filter for melodic presets (non-tempo-synced) has been missing since years. You cannot just browse simple strings without listening to hundreds of action string loops. :confused: Also the Acoustic strumming loops are not in the looped/sequenced category where they belong. For me the browser+filter issues are the reason why I stopped to buy upgrades with Komplete Ultimate 10.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  9. BaumannMusic

BaumannMusic New Member

I would like NOT to find tons of synth sounds when I click on guitars. :)

Honestly: This is a pain if you do other than electronic music.

10. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Well-Known Member

Use character tags after selecting guitar to set acoustic or electric to narrow things down.

11. BaumannMusic

BaumannMusic New Member

Well, in Electric Guitars I find 90% Synth Arps such as Aoelian House, Alias Solitudes, Bassics, etc.
    In Acoustic Guitars it's a bit better but still I find 90% Acoustic Strumming Loops and also electric GTR Sounds such as Harmonic Heavens.

Dear NI team: If this is your way to cover the fact that Komplete Ultimate includes only very few real Guitar instruments... it doen't work. ;)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  12. JesterMgee

Yes this is a glaring issue NI have with their tag filtering that there is no "NOT" option especially if you have an electric arpeggiated sound, you cannot just filter them out using "NOT" which would be handy, then you could just say "Not Synth" and remove anything tagged as such.

I have dozens of better suggestions for searching (multi-select plugins/vendors, save search criteria as favourite searches, multi-search box for advanced searching" but this whole thread is a pretty clear sign no suggestions are being considered since you would be hard pressed to find even 1 suggestion in 6 years being implemented, bit of a shame really.

13. Jojo123

Jojo123 NI Product Owner

As Im very much still finding my way with the KK and Kontakt GUIs, Im VERY hesitant to come out with both guns blazing. Its possible I'm missing features that are there and hitting me in the face. Case in point, I just found that in KK I can activate that little star like a kind of favourite. :thumbsup: Haven't worked out whether I can access these as a global list. I can only see them if I click on a particular product.

To update my wishlist:
    * Have a dedicated area on your site for downloads of pdfs /manuals for all your products, in ONE place. I can't find a dedicated manual (pdf) for KK and Kontakt so Im essentially flying blind just trying stuff out.
    * Here's what I think would be extremely useful: ability to put a comment on presets and have those comments (boolean) searchable.
    @JesterMgee

"multi-select plugins/vendors, save search criteria as favourite searches, multi-search box for advanced searching"
    Absolutely agree. Mac OS includes ability to set up very sophisticated advanced search criteria, like "starts with" "ends with" "is" "is not" etc. This in tandem with a personalized comment field, in my view would be extremely useful.

Hey NI!
    I've seen somewhere in my travels on your site where you say you take notice of what people want for improvements and wish lists etc. Hey thats great! Can I constructively suggest that without a way for people to access a search function they can customize, all these wonderful sounds and presets are going to be real hard work to sort through. Right now I can see a kind of one size fits all approach except for the star I can give a preset in KK. I'd love you to respond to some of the great suggestions mentioned on this thread and tell us if anything will be in the pipeline for improvement.
    Thankyou.

14. BaumannMusic

BaumannMusic New Member

Exactly my point. It's a pity to have gigabytes of high class sounds but they are just not accessible due to a messy tagging and categorization. :(

15. Jojo123

Jojo123 NI Product Owner

As Ive said so much already on the forum, I'm very new to NI. As Ive been digging around into stuff Ive seen where I can put favourites on some presets. As far as I can see, this isn't possible in all products so all is not lost . I've also discovered that there seems to be a way to add comments. I'm not sure how widespread this feature is across NI products but it seemed to be a bit of a convoluted process, unless Im missing something simple. I would LOVE an (easy) way to set up comments and have them searchable.

16. d0stenning

Please add multi-channel input support to KK.

Why? well here's my scenario - I use Vienna Ensemble Pro. I have around 10 different instruments on different MIDI channels in a single instance - all accessed via a single VEP client plugin.

I've organised my MOST USED VEP instance so that my mostly used piano library - RAVENSCROFT - always sits on MIDI channel 1 and audio outputs 1-2 in VEP. The other instruments are on higher midi channels and on 3-4, 5-6 etc for audio.

Normally I've just ran the VEP client plugin directly in my DAW - but I would like to be able to access my RAVENSCROFT piano but have Native instrument effects like RAUM, CHORUS and PHASIS running on the client end.

So the other day I set up Vienna Ensemble Pro client plugin to run inside the Komplete Kontrol plugin and created a preset for it - where my three NI effects can be applied or bypassed for the piano - via KOMPLETE KONTROL.

And that works fine. Trouble is - I can no longer send MIDI to the VEP client plugin *through* the Komplete Kontrol plugin since KK appears to only receive MIDI incoming data on channel 1.

I DO realise this is the most likely and easy to use simple scenario - but it would be useful if there was an option check box somewhere to allow MIDI data on higher channel numbers through and into the KK plugin.

17. mattrixx

mattrixx NI Product Owner

Can we please have the option to save plugin chains in the standalone version without the requirement of a DAW?

• Like Like x 2
  18. UdoBehm

UdoBehm NI Product Owner

Would you please create a mode for all of your VSTs that automatically detects whether the CPU load for the current instance/instrument is too high and therefore automatically goes in something like a "CPU saving" mode??
    Some of your VSTs or instruments/patches are using way too much CPU on my machine. If done all of the optimizations but I still get cracks. The only option would be to increase my ASIO buffer size. However I don't want to do this cause of the latency caused then.
    Isn't there a way to configure ALL OF YOUR VSTs like this that they automatically recognize high CPU consumption and in case they recognize it they automatically go into power/CPU saving mode? Would be so lovely if I still could use all of your patches instead of just being able to use the ones that still are okay with my CPU usage.
    Hope you may implement such modes to ALL of your VSTs so that some effects maybe aren't used anymore when the CPU usage gets too hight. Some of your instruments are using too much of my CPU and it is so bad if I get cracks then... I'd rather prefer that your VSTs wouldn't use as much CPU in that scenario anymore rather than having to increase my buffer size or to not use these instruments anymore...

19. vad777

vad777 NI Product Owner

Please Fix These 2:

1) when having atleast one instance of KK in Cubase, during tempo changes Cubase gui “stutters”
    2) uninstalled vsts and libraries show up in KK even after being uninstalled and removed from the computer

20. JesterMgee

But how would that work in a DAW with many instances? Also, often CPU load is not the bottleneck for audio breakups it's simply lack of resources (overall speed, busses, too many voices, too small buffer).

Why not create a thread and detail your setup and the issues so others can compare if you have an issue or unrealistic expectations.