Improvements to Traktor 2016. Topic updated in 2018

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Mr.Beetroot, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Mr.Beetroot

Mr.Beetroot New Member

Greetings NI people,

I have been using Traktor since 2008.
    The software has come a very long way in terms of stability improvements since Traktor 3 and Traktor Scratch Pro.
    I remember how frustrating it was that $3000 mixers such as the Allen & Heath Xone 4D were a pain to map to the the first versions of the software, and even when they were mapped the application constantly glitched, the knobs were practically unusable etc.

Nowadays Traktor Pro 2.10.0 is largely stable.
    It can be safely used in serious scenarios and the hardware controllers that are on the market these days are much more reasonably priced and are comfortable and enjoyable to use.

One basic thing I cannot comprehend about Traktor 2015 is why there still is no Retina display for software that most of NI's user base runs on Macbook Pros. 4K displays have been on the market for almost 4 years now.

I hope NI is working on some monumental improvement to the newest version of Traktor and that explains why Retina displays are still not supported.

Accompanying the hopes of seeing a majorly revamped version of Traktor
    Here is my 2016 New Year's wish list for improvements and features in the application:

1. A better algorithm that detects the first beat of each track. It's a bit lame that the first thing that has to be done when a playlist is loaded is a walkthrough checkup that the grid is detected correctly and the grid has to be adjusted manually in 70% of the cases.

2. Recording parameter adjustments in sets. An option of recording sets along the lines of how recording works in DAW's with knob and fader parameters being recorded and adjustable post factum. I understand that Traktor is live DJ software, but it would be commendable to have the option of ever so slightly tweaking the parameters after the set has been recorded in case of minor mistakes. Having to rerecord a several hour long set because there is a minute mistake somewhere is from one point of view good practice, but from another it's better to improve your skills on recording more sets.

3. Get some proper effects into Traktor like the built in sound colour effects of the DJM-900, certain effects in Serato and other analog mixers. The only decent effects in Traktor 2.10.0 are Gater, Reverb, DarkMatter, EventHorizon and with reserve PolarWind, WormHole and LaserSlicer. The vast majority of the other included effects in 2.10.0 are obtrusive and fairly inappropriate. That is not only my point of view.

4. Text notes for cue points. An option of adding text information to cue points that can be seen when a track is loaded, such as "play loop twice before introducing next track" or notes with information about effect parameters that are optimal for that particular cue. At this time cue points can be labeled with certain text notes, but that information is not visible neither during the time that a cue loop has been activated, nor of course prior to it. As of now that info only becomes visible only when a certain cue point is loaded and that is an enormous drawback.

5. Memorising effects settings for tracks. It would be very nice if effects could be chosen and set to certain values with that information linked to particular tracks (along the lines of the way cue points function). Certain tracks work much better with particular effects adjusted to precise values. Rather than memorising this information it would be gratifying to have these parameters adjusted to values that have been figured out and set during preparations. Of course if you're going to be making a controller that works coherently with this feature it would have to have motorised faders.

So yes, that's my list. If you guys have anything to add please keep it concise and to the point. I believe that NI reads this forum and takes all suggestions into consideration despite the fact that they don't implement features instantaneously.

• Like Like x 3
  2. arnin32

arnin32 NI Product Owner

...the same (good) suggestions for years ... :(

3. mastermc

mastermc NI Product Owner

we will continue to wait .

4. arnin32

arnin32 NI Product Owner

...or not... o_O

5. Dj Mayo

Dj Mayo Forum Member

... or not...

6. mastermc

we will

• Like Like x 1
  7. TroyMichael

TroyMichael Forum Member

Nice features request! But you know NI...do they even look at this thread?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  8. snowbro

snowbro NI Product Owner

1) Big fan of the "text notes on cue points" + more different cue points (colors) would be nice too.

2) For me, another huge improvement would be that, when u use the same track in different playlist, it should be treated as a different tracks, so that you can use different cue points.

For example. Let's say you want to mix track A with track B after track A has been playing for 1 minute. In another playlist, you want to mix track A with track C after track A has been playing for 2 minutes, but track A show the same cue points in both playlists, as it is the same track that's being loaded. So now I have to make a map containing the doubles (and triples) of all the tracks I want to use in several playlists.

3) When searching for a track, it would be nice to be able to see in which playlists that track has been used, so you can immediately go to the playlist.

For example, search for track A will give you:
    track A: used in playlist Rock
    track A:used in playlist Weddingparty
    track A:used in playlist Newyears eve

4) Split Traktor to several screens
    Screen 1 the decks, filters, etc
    Screen 2 the playlist, track listings, search, etc
    + make it all scalable

9. radiokrishna

radiokrishna NI Product Owner

Text notes for cue points you can see at any time if you click on arrow down. It will not disturb playing state.

10. mikelo303

mikelo303 NI Product Owner

Mine number one is - Make bridge connection or integration of Maschine God damnit!

Or just switch to Rekordbox. It seems like Pioneer is releasing updates with speed of light. They will surpass Traktor within a year in this tempo. Maybe even this year. I am currently saving for Rekordbox as I am utterly tired of NI neglegence and Traktor's unstable behaviour. Give us T3 now or go home NI.

And yeah. Traktor FX sucks and 90% of them are usless garbage noise creators. Learn form A&H DB series. Subtle and usefull with highest studio quality.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mr.Beetroot

Mr.Beetroot New Member

Does anyone know when Traktor Pro 3 is set for release?
    People from Native Instruments, please read this thread and maybe reply?

12. mastermc

i guess it will be a surprise . I have stoppedm hoping a long time ago but i guess it will be a pleasent surprise when it comes .

13. Scoox

Scoox NI Product Owner

I will add to the mix global modifiers, as requested here. And yeah, it would be a nice touch if NI dropped by the forums every now and then.

14. dj_estrela

dj_estrela NI Product Owner

Global modifiers and more modifiers / conditions seem to me to be simple additions that would help a lot mappings. But NI doesnt seem to want mappings any more

15. kish

kish New Member

If NI read this thread I hope they will introduce the capability to broadcast using shoutcast instead of icecast and in mp3 format instead of OGG.

16. DJ Tranz

DJ Tranz NI Product Owner

I love the text but should be more like Rekordbox and Serato . Would be nice to have a split screen. One for the tracks and one for the library. Tidal and Soundcloud Integration.

• Like Like x 1