In Need of Suggestions

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by DjayDominator, Dec 4, 2011.

1. DjayDominator

DjayDominator New Member

Hello Everyone,
    I have been using Traktor Pro for quite a bit now, and i find it to be one of the best softwares. Therefore, i wanted to get the scratch capability. I recently bought an used Audio 8 DJ sound card, second hand, with Traktor Scratch v1.1. For some reason from the person i bought it we still working out the register issue under his name to mine.
    My question is, if i upgrade it to TP2, will the scratch capabilities work or i definitely need the scratch version that came with the Audio 8 ? or perhaps TSP2 ?
    I was thinking once i have the Traktor Scratch v1.1 registered under my name, i could probably upgrade to the TSP2 version ?
    Suggestions would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

Traktor Pro
    Audio 8 DJ
    Macbook Pro
    Hercules Rmx - Pioneer CDjs-800MK2

2. shadow23

shadow23 NI Product Owner

Once you register TSP you can upgrade to TSP2. I have Audio 8 DJ soundcard and it works with TSP2

3. DjayDominator

DjayDominator New Member

Thanks for responding Shadow, but my problem right now is the person who sold me this hardware still in the progress of getting the S/N unregister, and hopefully does. In case i do not get the S/N for it, how could i be able to get the timecode working with my Traktor version ? or Traktor Pro 2 ?

4. gonzo.pete

gonzo.pete Forum Member

To put it simply-you won't!

If the transfer of the S/N fails for whatever reason you would need new scratch software, which isn't sold standalone, to the best of my knowledge.

I had the same issue-long story, lots of grief and wasted money!

5. DjayDominator

DjayDominator New Member

Hey Gonzo, thanks for responding as well, it's true what you are saying, i have already look for more details, but the person kept telling me that with Traktor Pro 2, i could use the Audio 8, i don't know how would that be possible, if it didn't have the scratch software for it, there was no way i could've been using my CDJs with the timecode on Traktor Pro 2.

6. gonzo.pete

gonzo.pete Forum Member

You can use the Audio 8 with Traktor Pro 2 but only in the sense that it will give you RCA outs which you can connect to an external mixer. Meaning you'll have to control deck features (i.e pitch, play,cue etc) with either a keyboard or midi controller.
    You won't have any timecode functionality though without the "scratch" upgrade.

7. DjayDominator

DjayDominator New Member

Ok, so Finally i have registered the scratch version of Traktor :D, and now i'm fully able to use the scratch function with my CDJs, thanks for the advice guys.
    Now the only thing is, i'm trying to figure out how to work the outputs and inputs, since i'm using a Midi controler as a mixer (Hercules RMX) sooner than later i will upgrade to a better mixer, but maybe someone can help me with the set up, in the Output Routing do i check the option external or internal ? i have no sound coming out, :S everything else works fine...

8. Weißer Bart

Weißer Bart NI Product Owner

You must first check that that the inputs your CD Decks are plugged into are set to Timecode CD / Line on the Audio setup page.

I would imagine your CD Decks are plugged into 1&2 and 3&4 respectively. So these inputs must be selected on the Input Routing page.

On the Output Routing page you should select internal, meaning TSP will use the internal software mixer.

The Master Output is set to 1&2.

The Monitor Output is set to 7&8 to enable previewing / cueing with the Audio 8 Headphone Output.

Check the screenshots below for how your Preferences should be set.

Attached Files:

9. DjayDominator

DjayDominator New Member

Weißer, thanks for the actual screenshots, got it all figured now, you gave me the major hint ! :D
    NI Forum Rules, Thanks to all of you, i have my system set-up and running !
    Happy Holidays ya'll ! :lol: