1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

In Sticky Independent Controller Control (Group/Sound Lock)

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by D-One, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

No, but for exemple I used the Maschine Studio as master. it as the ability to switch between the opened instances in Ableton, then I dedicated a instance for Maschine Jam where I mainly edit my drum parts or whatever is handy to use with Jam more than studio.
    each instances kind of work like stand alone , but regarding routing it is pretty much the same you can submix everything in the Maschine instances if you want or route separate tracks in Ableton to have best of both worlds.The very annoying thing is that even if Ableton has an autosave feature, Maschine doesn't, so you have to save properly in Ableton with CMD+S.
    I also noticed that even when saving normally in Ableton, I had lost some elements when reopening the project afterwards so it is not very stable unfortunately. It would be really a great workflow if they could make a better integration of Maschine VST linking the autosave from Ableton to Maschine so in case of Crash you can have your work back. With a STudio a Jam and an APC40 it makes really a great live setup that way, but still there is that lack of stability that is a bit of a shame...I hope the future version will really be fixing those kind of issues.....but hey, we are going there every day aren't we ? :p

• Like Like x 1
  2. Der Beamte

Der Beamte New Member

This would make a lot of things easier. +1

3. kolta

kolta NI Product Owner

it should be here all ready , +1

4. Dan Dolan

Dan Dolan New Member

It would also be awesome so two people can play in the same project. Buddy on a KK and me on Maschine, or heck even a friend on a jam too. Allowing for multiple parts to be highlighted should be something you can toggle on and off. It's one of the first things I tried to do when I got both devices (or even when my friend brought his Maschine). This should really be in here.

5. ManoSolo

ManoSolo New Member

+1 for me, i'd use it exactly the same way. Using a mk3 mostly for drums and samples, i'd like to get a keyboard to play instruments with it, and then get a jam to rapidly create patterns and scenes, but the three controllers MUST be independent for a proper live performance, without this independency, the whole native integrative system is (in my view) only half way there...

Thanks for making it sticky!! :)

6. ManoSolo

ManoSolo New Member

Yes, definitely, and i'm very surprised that it is not the case... in my understanding, two controllers = two instruments.... All the jam dimension would be absolutely amazing if the controllers would work independently all together :)

7. Pesict

Pesict NI Product Owner

Can not believe this is still „in discussion“...

8. benoit paillardon

benoit paillardon New Member

+1
    Here on my Jam, I use touchstrips to control settings of my plug mini Moog from Arturia. And if I manipulate my mikro mk2 to change group, it also changes group on the jam. So my question: Can we lock the machine jam on a plug, and manipulate the mikro without change on the jam, or the opposite? Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  9. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

The only Way os to open two instances of maschine in a daw

10. benoit paillardon

benoit paillardon New Member

Thank you Kaldosh.

• Like Like x 1
  11. LotusEleven

LotusEleven New Member

Agreed.....this should be the norm since NI made Keyboards and JAM.
    Why are we still waiting?

12. Pesict

Pesict NI Product Owner

I am forced to use Ableton more and more, since such design flaws seem to be „ok“ with morst users and even with Native Instruments.

Maybe someday I won’t have to use Maschine anyway, hich would be a shame since this is imo my favorite way to create music.

So much wasted talent. tztztz

13. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Absolutely I would love it

14. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Bumpity bump :D

15. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

We all do... can't wait....

16. MrGeek

MrGeek New Member

17. sasiko

sasiko NI Product Owner

Too bad, this feature will not be in the coming update... :(

18. nothijngrad

nothijngrad New Member

Came here after having the usual problem. My workaround was to have a tiny MPK Mini for the few times I need to play keys and pads of very different sounds - I resampled and put stuff into Battery so I can assign it to different notes or pads on the MPK Mini. Not perfect, and maybe someone above has a much more sophisticated workaround.

19. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

The only workaround I found was to open several instances of Maschine in Ableton so I can use jam and studio at the same time on different groups... And use hyperthreading

20. Pesict

Pesict NI Product Owner

Since Native Instruments is unable to implement such a needed function and also is bundleing Ableton with their Hardware, I have decided to not work with Maschine anymore.