1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi all!

A quick update on our Summer of Sound sale, which went live earlier this week. While the sale has already been active both on our website and with retailers worldwide, we felt that it was not the right time to do any marketing around it. We felt that there were more important voices and messages that needed to be heard during this time.

We know that this a popular sale and that many of our regular customers look forward to this event each year, so we just wanted to let you know why we have not communicated about it so far. All communication will be going live on Monday, in the meantime, we hope that you will find something in our sale that excites you. Stay safe and happy music making.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

In Sticky Independent Controller Control (Group/Sound Lock)

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by D-One, Jan 17, 2018.

1. MtwoJ

MtwoJ New Member

+1

This is an absolutely essential feature. It's pretty much the only reason anyone would want to have two NI controllers for Maschine.

The whole point of having a Maschine Jam or KK alongside the Maschine MK3 is to expand controls, not duplicate them.

NI please add this feature asap. I'm sure it will also help with the sale of more hardware too.

2. SlepTone

SlepTone New Member

3. SupaMega+

SupaMega+ New Member

+ 1 Billion for this one too - as a live performer it's one of the few real let downs of the system, and it's a real let down.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Exactly, it would work that way I'd have 2 Maschine side by side :cool:

5. eladore

eladore New Member

+1
    Native Instruments is such a shame. They produce great stuff but struggle with the smallest things. We need this. Is is called JAM but jaming is not possible because if you play a melody and want the drums pattern kick in it switches to the drums group. This is not jaming at all! More and more I believe NI Hardware is simply not for professionals but just toys....

• Like Like x 2
  6. Pesict

Pesict NI Product Owner

That’s the reason why I try to work with Ableton since NI is struggling (when was the Maschine Jam got released?) with such design flaws.

The Jam is a great controller and works without any issues with Ableton. Also my A61.

7. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

despite the fact i love my maschine/jam things like this leads to me assuming that the hardware is only there to sell more sounds. it worked in my case, i went from "zero NI products" to full maschine-/jam-/Komplete...so their strategy kind of worked...

but please make this combo even more fun and bring this feature soon please.

8. EFTHIMIS

EFTHIMIS New Member

This feature is a must!! I thought this was possible that's way i bought MK3,JAM and KK-S in the first place. +1

9. Magniventris

Magniventris New Member

+1 This was the entire point of buying a Jam for me. I was going to grab a KKS series too...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Nigel White

Nigel White New Member

+1 and same comments as above, the whole point of buying a Jam and an S series keyboard as well as a MK3 was to play live and change more than one thing at one time, e.g. changing patterns at the same time I play a snare roll to build up to that change or starting a melodic lead before the start of a new section.

11. Pesict

Pesict NI Product Owner

Unfortunately I gave up on NI.
    Yes, I am using their products and aware of further development, but not delivering promised function, ignoring their customers and doing all the weird stuff they done in the last couple years thought me not to follow blindly and not recommend their products.
    What a shame. Maschine is auch a blessing.

12. Nigel White

Nigel White New Member

I know how you feel, but we just have to keep making noise so that they know what frustrates us. They also presumably know that frustrated customers don't keep handing over their cash. The rest is up to them... IMHO it's a shame because in Maschine they have something very close to being excellent for live use (performance or jamming for entertainment) but just not quite there. I haven't completely given up yet, but then I am very stubborn :)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  13. Pesict

Pesict NI Product Owner

I love Maschine. I even own a Push 2, guess which System I still use.
    But those "little" design fault, makes me ragequit and tell everyone how jobby this is.
    But I can see progress in other section of Maschine. This calms me down and build a little faith.
    This again gets destroyed when I am reading about strange decisions.

No, I won't yell any louder, Native Instruments Staff (at least those who should concern) don't read or interact with their customers.

Anyway. I won't spend any dime on NI until they got their s*** together.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  14. dasoli

dasoli NI Product Owner

OMG ... It's incredible. It's been two (2) years now. (yes, 23 months and a few weeks) but seriously ... Are you all drunk at NI? ... I use M-Studio and Jam ... Would be wonderful if the two would work independently. Then I would immediately order an M-micro and an A-49. possibly also a machine Micro more ... because it would be fun. well, I don't have to sell that stuff. That remains your job. best regards oli

15. Nikita Katilis

Nikita Katilis New Member

I really don't get what is so hard in implimenting this feature? Build a hierarchy like MKIII/Studio>KKMKII>Jam>Maschine Mikro etc., the highest being the mother and that's it. Shorcut like shift+mst would work as an unlock functionality, making the lower seed indepndent and turning it into mother 2 for lower parts of the chain.

16. Nigel White

Nigel White New Member

I'd settle for something simpler, like a setting in the settings section available from the MK3 with "Focus Linked" or "Focus Unlinked". That should be trivial to code, and have very low risk of an unintended consequence somewhere else. The default would be linked, so that functionality is the same as it is currently.
    If it's difficult to unlink the controllers completely, then it would be sufficient for now to limit the unlinking to selecting a pattern, so that when a pattern is selected on the Jam, it does not change the focus on other instruments (or indeed on the Jam). If this is the case, then NI may want to call it something different.
    In the meantime, my MK3, Jam and S49 lie pretty much unused, just taking up space.
    Ideally, though, I'd be able to have all three working as separate instruments, but integrated by the Maschine s/w, like I can with midi controllers and IOS s/w like Apematrix.... Or just about anything else.
    I'd also like to know when this might happen, since I'd hate to sell all my NI gear just to find out that it's only a month away. Maschine has some real strengths, but it also needs commitment to support it if it's going to stay relevant for live use.

17. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

+1 - Not being able to lock the Jam to be the overall group mixer and not keep changing focus is the reason I sold it.

18. thomasblondet

thomasblondet New Member

This is a must feature!! Going to ask them at NAMM next week.

• Like Like x 1
  19. charlie360x

charlie360x NI Product Owner

Two years has passed since the original request and I still cannot use Maschine Jam in live situation because of this... I don’t want to mess up my performance by loosing focus of the group while changing patterns. This is just ridiculous. Ableton solved this about 10 years ago... This isn’t even something that require a LOT of work, unless I am mistaken but I don’t believe the whole software would have to be reviewed to support this

• Like Like x 1
  20. macchinista

macchinista NI Product Owner

Indeed.... pair a Maschine with a Jam and you have a killer live setup, except for this very issue which destroys it all. Such huge potential wasted.
    NI, please reconsider and put this on your list of near term features to implement. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1