initializing patterns with different FX settings ?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Kaputt, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Kaputt

Kaputt New Member

Hi everyone !
    With Maschine mk3 is there a way / trick to initialize each pattern with different FX (or instrument) settings without use of automation ?
    For example
    [ Group 1 - Pattern 1 : Filter cutoff : 25% | Filter Type : lowpass ]
    [ Group 1 - Pattern 2 : Filter cutoff : 50% | Filter Type : notch ]

Actually i'm sequencing Extended locks state ( with a virtual midi port ) to achieve this but this is a bit too messy.
    I know i could use standard automation for each pattern but im lost with the % value of each knob / settings and i'd like to avoid the use of maschine as a VST in a DAW.

Thanks for your help and suggestions

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Not without automation - or maybe you route it to another pad and use the finger with it it should be possible and you control it via notes.

Uwe

3. Kaputt

Kaputt New Member

Thank you Uwe. If i well understood your suggestion is very close to the "switching lock states" ones. Gonna give it a try. I own the Tim Exile Finger but didnt used much yet.

4. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Yes correct its kind of the same but you control it with the internal sequencer.

Uwe

5. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

After you wrote that i played a bit with the finger, and then with the free MEqualyzer from melda plugins with that plugin you can do it also but absolutely precisely, and you can do much more crazy stuff. But both ways are good and have pros and cons.

Uwe

6. Kaputt

Kaputt New Member

(sorry for my english)
    I thought The Finger was only to tweak his built effects. Are you telling that you can control external effects - ( such a Mequalyzer ) with it ?

7. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

No you can't MEqualizer has its own powerful muli parameters which can also be controlled via note messages.

Uwe

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kaputt

Kaputt New Member

Ok got it . To be more specific i was searching a way to use a different pitch of the Flair Fx (from NI) for each pattern of a song. ( could be the same with a vocoder or a resonator ). I tried with automation but notes ( E A C D ... ) are transposed in the 0-128 range , so ... its messy.
    In the Daw Renoise , you can copy paste all the datas from any Plugin and paste it anywhere in your timeline. Amazing to create kind of program changes in two clicks.

Thanks again Uwe for your suggestions.

9. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

You are welcome - and maybe you check out melda free fx bundle - but I'm not sure if you have to pay to use the multiparameters, I bought it for 25 bugs and it's absolutely worth it even the normal price 50 bugs is awesome. If you pay a banner is gone and you can then freely resize the plugins.

Uwe

10. Kaputt

Kaputt New Member

Yeah i heard a lot of positive feedback about the melda suite, i was about to download the free version two weeks ago. But im trying to limit my vst collection. I bought Maschine mk3 in may to change radically my way of making music and I dont want to "scatter" anymore in one million vst's.
    Im trying to focus myself to komplete 12 and less than 10 of my favorite VST's.
    The enemy of art is the absence of limitations" ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Haha yes I had the same problem and now I "only" use native and melda stuff - and for me no one can compete (even think of) with the powerful multi parameters and modulators from melda, this stuff is so deep and crazy - one example - you can have a modulator control 2 values one the normal way and the other value raises till the middle but then falls (and much more complex in/out curves) and you have envelope followers, lfos, audio analyzers (if it reaches a point/level you can switch something) . I love it.

Uwe

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019 at 1:39 AM
    • Informative Informative x 1