Install from external drive after clean install on macOS

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by Mixdbyjoshua, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Mixdbyjoshua

Mixdbyjoshua New Member

Anybody have a solution to this issue? I previously installed my new mk3 software and sounds via native access to my external hd. However I recently upgraded computers and had to do a clean install of Mojave macOS. Installed Native Access and and it’s making me re install everything all over again even though it’s already installed on my external drive. The magnifying search glass shows up only on a few sounds (kontact sounds) I believe but the others I have to reinstall again which takes forever! Any work arounds? Thanks!

2. dickie001x

dickie001x NI Product Owner

Hover the mouse around the magnifying glass - in fact click above/below it and it should allow you to select the location.

3. Mixdbyjoshua

Mixdbyjoshua New Member

Yes it does work but for only a few of the instruments. I do believe they’re kontakt instruments the others don’t give me the magnifying glass search option and forcing me to reinstall.

4. Jeremy @ NI

Jeremy @ NI Support Team NI Team

Yes, this only works for Kontakt libraries. For all other instances you need to do a full reinstall.

5. Mixdbyjoshua

Mixdbyjoshua New Member

Hey Jeremy I did read that and was hoping it would be a workaround due to slow internet connection. My next purchase will be the upgrade to the komplete bundle this time I will purchase the actual drive to make installation faster. Thank you!