Installation Location

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by BradMartyn, Sep 8, 2019.

1. BradMartyn

BradMartyn New Member

I will be building a PC soon, and I would like to know which is the best location for installing Komplete 11 applications and sample libraries.
    I will be using a WD Blue 500 gigabyte NVMe SSD M.2 drive as a boot-system drive, and an internal 2TB mechanical HDD for mass storage.

I am planning to install Windows 10; Reaper DAW; various plugins; Komplete 11 applications and the Kontakt libraries to the NVMe SSD drive. I will then be using the 2TB HDD as the default location for Reaper projects and the associated audio files.

Is this the best practice for stability and loading times etc. My projects run around 40 tracks on average, with between 5-10 instances of Kontakt. Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. seedoflife

seedoflife New Member

As long as you have different drives for your DAW, and data (sounds and plugins), you are fine.

I once had everything on the same drive and wondered why the massive speeds everywhere decreased until I learned what caused it all.

Max out your RAM and internal HD space to fully leverage better performance.

More RAM is useful to keep your DAW from crashing and possibly losing files during actual production.

Store your compositions somewhere in the cloud away from either HD for more flexibility and access.

As always, safe everything often!

Best wishes to you!