Solved Installing Elektrik Piano Instrument in Kontakt 5

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by racket, Nov 14, 2017.

1. racket

racket NI Product Owner

I'm trying to install my old Elektrik Piano library in Kontakt 5 on my Win 10 laptop. Native Access doesn't seem to allow me to do this even though it is listed as one of the "Not Installed" applications. If I point Native Access to the folder location, it indicates that the library path is invalid. I should also state that after trying various ways of getting this to work, I simply copied the installed library from my older desktop to the new laptop. To my surprise, this actually worked, However, when I load an Elektrik Piano instrument using the "files" tab, it loads in Demo mode (the word DEMO is displayed in red next to the instrument name).

I would be perfectly happy to continue to use it in this way, but I suspect that it may time-out after a period and not allow me to use these instruments any more. I am primarily interested in only one instrument from this old library (Butterfly Hancock), which doesn't seem to be included with any of the instruments in the newer Kontakt 5 library. Can I continue to use these old Elektrik Piano instruments with Demo displayed indefinitely? If not, is there some other way to get at least this particular instrument (Butterfly Hancock) to work in Kontakt 5 on the Win 10 laptop? Thanks in advance.

2. racket

racket NI Product Owner

Update: I just discovered, as I wrote the previous post, that the Butterfly Hancock instrument did indeed time out. When I clicked on "Activate", Kontakt says the library cannot be activated and to run the original installer. Unfortunately, I had disposed of the original DVD's (Komplete 5, I believe) in a frenzy of re-organization thinking I would never have a need for the old discs. Is there any way to get this particular instrument back? Thanks again...

3. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

4. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

EDIT: sorry, I misread. I've deleted my initial response.

It sounds like you do have the library folder for EK. What happens when you go into Kontakt and choose Add Library?

5. racket

racket NI Product Owner

Good idea, but on checking the long list, I couldn't find what I needed. Komplete 5 was listed with serial number, but no download link.

6. racket

racket NI Product Owner

If I choose "Manage Libraries" in Kontakt 5 it just starts Native Access which indicates the library path is invalid. I don't see an "Add Library" option.

7. David Das

Sorry, you're right about the Manage Libraries button. I had forgotten that recent change.

In that case, I'm stuck. You may want to approach this with NI Tech Support. I'm aware that Native Access is a work-in-progress and they are still working to add some of the features that used to be available, but now that they've changed Add Library to Manage Libraries and handed off ownership to Native Access, I don't know what their official procedure is for authorizing Elektrik Piano.

8. racket

racket NI Product Owner

Thanks very much. I'll contact support and see what they say. It sure would be great if support for legacy products was added to Native Access. I'd also like to get back some of the B-IV stuff.

9. David Das

I'm sure they're aware of it. I'm just not sure what the current, up-to-the-minute protocol is for adding these older legacy libraries.

10. EvilDragon

Native Access only supports Komplete 10 and 11 (perhaps also 9, not sure). For any older products, you need to use Service Center.

racket: If you cannot download your products from the link I posted above, it's up to NI support then. If you want the fastest turnaround, call them.

11. rrichard63

rrichard63 New Member

When I inquired about this issue, NI technical support advised me to downgrade to Kontakt 5.6.6. In that version of Kontakt, Elektrik Piano works on the Files tab but not the Libraries tab (missing .nicnt file).

12. EvilDragon

Yes, that library never had .nicnt file, it's pretty old, This is even before _info.nkx file era, it just has .nks monoliths (that's from Kompakt times!). So just create an empty text file and name it Elektrik Piano.nicnt. Should help :D

13. rrichard63

rrichard63 New Member

The empty .nicnt file seems to work with this library. (I read somewhere that it doesn't always work.) In this case, the name needs to be Elektrik Piano 1.5.nicnt. Thank you.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017