instant FX's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thales de Paula, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Thales de Paula

Thales de Paula New Member

upload_2020-2-27_23-49-37.png

I started a map on traktor 3, making the fx deck part in the maschine
    to my surprise, even editing in the controller editor, I can’t leave the on / off instant.
    example, holding, it is on, let go it automatically turns off.
    has anyone tried this feat?
    the colors of the maschine responds all right with what I want, being that in the traktor, the effect, only turns on or off, and not instant.

I will also open a ticket if the beta does not have it, to be implemented in the software and we will see how long it will take to implement something that was supposed to be in the software.

Again, turning on the effect by pressing, after pressing, automatically turns it off. upload_2020-2-27_23-52-18.png

2. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

If I understand your question correctly, have you tried "Gate" mode? Here is the explanation of how it works.

"Gate: In this mode, the element switches to the On state for the time it is held depressed.
    As soon as you release it, it switches back to the Off state. It is similar to the behavior of a
    key on a keyboard: the note is played when you hold the key depressed, and the note is
    switched off when you release the key.
    "

Hope that helps!

Peace,

Blindeddie

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stevan

Stevan NI Product Owner

Set "Gate" in the Controller Editor" and than use the "Interaction Mode"s in the Controller Manager (hold or toggle).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thales de Paula

Thales de Paula New Member

Thankz Guys. Perfectly!

Again other questions .

which command for me to select and use the device target
    I'm breaking my head and can't find it.
    upload_2020-2-28_15-49-41.png

upload_2020-2-28_15-50-2.png

5. Stevan

Stevan NI Product Owner

Once you add any deck specific command you will see the "Assignment" option under button options. Click on it and Select "Device Target".

Also, ensure to keep "Focus" setting under Device menu (see upper-right corner of the Controller Manager window)