Intakt and Kompakt are discontinued

Discussion in 'INTAKT' started by Markus @ NI, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Markus @ NI

Markus @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hi all,

I wanted to make you aware of a footnote in today's exciting new product announcements. This note is part of the Komplete 4 info page, however, I asked to make it more visible.

"The sampling instruments INTAKT and KOMPAKT are no longer part of KOMPLETE, and will be discontinued as individual products effectively immediately. Comparable functionality is provided by the more powerful KONTAKT 2 and BATTERY 3 samplers."

of course, you still qualify for the Kontakt 2 crossgrade even after NI-Versary and this announcement! Kompakt features are already fully contained in Kontakt 2.1.1; missing Intakt features will be provided in one of the next updates.

best,
    Markus

p.s.: just to be clear - we are only speaking for our own product versions here! third party sample libraries might still be sold with a Kompakt, Intakt, or Kontakt Player 1. all of these players are in passive support mode - no new features like Mactel compatibility or further bug fixes will be done.

2. thegdx

thegdx New Member

Re: Intakt and Kompakt are discontinued!

Is there any way I can get(or have) Kompakt? Everyplace I looked no one had it so I bought Kontakt 2,but I would still like to have the original version of Kompakt.

3. bridude2001

bridude2001 New Member

So what happens to those of us with RA and other sample libraries that rely on the Kaontact player? I really want to make the switch to intemac but I don't want to lose RA. Is it possible to load Ra into Kontact2?

thanks,

Brian

4. MartinHines

MartinHines NI Product Owner

When NI releases the MacIntel Universal Binary version of Kontakt 2, you should be able to load ANY of the "NI-powered" sample libraries.

You should ALSO be going back to EastWest and asking them how THEY plan to support people who want to use their products on an Intel Mac.

The various "NI-Powered" player engines (EastWest, Best Service, etc.) are based on Kompakt. NI has developed a Kontakt 2 player (that will be UB compatible also) but each of the library developers would have to buy/license the new version -- NI can't force them to use the Kontakt 2 player engine.

5. Markus @ NI

Hi all,

Martin has it exactly right!

Kontakt will always be the UBER-Sampler and load/playback all sampling line libraries.

some editing features might be restricted to the smaller products. also, the GUI might be more intuitiv in the smaller products ;-)

if you still want Kompakt or Intakt, you should hurry to your dealer now or check on ebay. we are not selling these products anymore via our own online shop.

best,
    Markus

6. brettw

brettw Forum Member

yay, i really miss auditioning slices before i slice and the "randomize slice order" command.

7. Gramarye

Gramarye NI Product Owner

Sooooo..... how does it work now if one chooses to install either or both to another computer - can they still be authorised??? And, can they be installed "out of" Komplete 3 and, if so, how are they authorised then?? Once they are relegated to "legacy" applications do they remain viable property? Thanks for any insight.

Peace

8. Markus @ NI

Hi Peace,

I do not see anything changing with activation.

e.g., you can still activate Battery 1 if you want to. you also still get support for old product versions as far as possible.

best,
    Markus

9. zazamoth

zazamoth NI Product Owner

To: Markus Krieg

Hi, Markus..i have a question please

Will KontaKt now then ..have ALL of the features of Kompakt and Intakt, as i bought both becuase they seem to have more fire power put together than Kontakt..now since your are going to stop the support for intact and kontakt.. i will have to think about buying Kontakt as well ..but i don't see much of a point if they dont do "at least" the basics of Intact.

P.s i am i little annoyed at having to upgrade to a whole new sampler after buying two from you..just to get support..i have bought quite a bit from you and thats not very fair to people who don't have much money.

10. zazamoth

zazamoth NI Product Owner

P.s. i should say i would be quite happy to get kontakt if it does have ~Intakts cool features..but how long does the "crossgrade" offer stay open to users

...because i have just spent a bit of money with you already..and with your new updates god know how much more i will have to spend and i do have to eat as well ..lol

11. bodan

bodan NI Product Owner

why is it not possible to activated komplete 2 and komplete 4 together....? i cannot use intakt and kompakt anymore
    i think this is in contradiction to your above statement:-(
    regards bodan

12. Markus @ NI

Hi bodan,

I just checked with the Komplete product manager: that was a bug in our registration server that was fixed last Friday.

please try and register Komplete 4 one more time. if that does not work, please contact our registration support.

best,
    Markus

13. bodan

bodan NI Product Owner

it works..
    thanks a lot markus

14. miasm

miasm NI Product Owner

I noticed that if you uninstall intakt or kompakt the Kore KSD presets cannot be opened (by kontakt 2) - will this change? Or do we still need to have both applications installed in order to use these presets.

Best,

Jeremiah

15. Absolva

Absolva NI Product Owner

So this means that we can no longer recieve support for Intakt???

If that is the case, have any of you found out how to fix the issue where if you install Intakt and use the DXI, Intakt corrupts the battery2 DXI and Vice Versa.

Someone might say switch to the VST, but I have sonar 5, and I'm using fruity loops for my compositions. For some reason or another Fruity loops does not like the Sonar 5 VST wrapper.

16. Markus @ NI

17. Absolva

Absolva NI Product Owner

Mr Krieg

Thank you very much for your reply. I will give it a try immediately.

btw Intakt is great software maybe you can incorporate the ease of use into kontakt 3.5 or something.

18. dickie001x

dickie001x NI Product Owner

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get hold of Intakt? I've a search saved on eBay but nothing for ages...
    Thanks