Intakt and Kompakt are discontinued!

Discussion in 'KOMPAKT' started by Markus @ NI, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Markus @ NI

Markus @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hi all,

I wanted to make you aware of a footnote in today's exciting new product announcements. This note is part of the Komplete 4 info page, however, I asked to make it more visible.

"The sampling instruments INTAKT and KOMPAKT are no longer part of KOMPLETE, and will be discontinued as individual products effectively immediately. Comparable functionality is provided by the more powerful KONTAKT 2 and BATTERY 3 samplers."

of course, you still qualify for the Kontakt 2 crossgrade even after NI-Versary and this announcement! Kompakt features are already fully contained in Kontakt 2.1.1; missing Intakt features will be provided in one of the next updates.

best,
    Markus

p.s.: just to be clear - we are only speaking for our own product versions here! third party sample libraries might still be sold with a Kompakt, Intakt, or Kontakt Player 1. all of these players are in passive support mode - no new features like Mactel compatibility or further bug fixes will be done.

2. gitarjonny

gitarjonny NI Product Owner

does this mean my kompakt no longer works?.....i was using it successfully in the summer months.....then i had to install acidpro updates.....now, in spite of multiple reloads of kompakt from my authorized disc, it is not on my list of synths in the application, although i have a folder on my pc that appears to contain all the kompakt files....library, application, pdf manual, etc......please inform,

sincerely, john polier

3. Markus @ NI

Hi John,

of course we still provide support! please use the support request form to get help for your problem.

the only system that Kompakt will never run on is Intel Mac.

best,
    Markus

4. jransom

jransom NI Product Owner

glad to hear it. How I can stop worrying about the fact that they don't effin' work in Kore! :)

5. shadowbox

shadowbox NI Product Owner

Markus, Can I just tell you from a customer standpoint this is pretty low. To just discontinue a product and not offer a low cost crossgrade or upgrade to your new product that is replacing it is not good customer service. What I don't understand is why you can't simply make a stand alone Kontakt Player 2 that will load the Kompakt libraries. They still use .nks files, right? Why is there no retail version of Kontakt Player 2? FWIW, I own Kontakt, so I will be able to load my libraries into that sampler. But I liked the convenience of having each library as its own plug-in. And I do know some people that just bought some Kompakt products not realizing they wouldn't be updated to UI.

6. MartinHines

MartinHines NI Product Owner

Creating "Kontakt Player 2" versions of existing "NI-Powered" products (like from EastWest, Zero-G, Best Service and Garritan) is dependent on the creating company, not NI.

NI has said they are willing to provide Kontakt Player 2 versions for a minimal cost. NI simply licenses the player engine -- it is up to the individual companies to have their products upgraded.

In the East West example, EastWest has decided to create their own player and NOT provide a Kontakt Player 2 version.

You should tell those people you know to contact the companies who own the product and complain.

7. dix

dix Forum Member

So what happens to the hundreds of sequences we have that use Kompakt plugins when we make the switch to an Intel Mac?

8. ageorge

ageorge NI Product Owner

you should buy the kontakt2

9. Stephan @ NI

Stephan @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hello,

yes, Kontakt 2 will be able to load multis created by the Kompakt instrument from your sample library.

proceed as follows: open the original song on the PPC, save a multi for each of your sample library Kompakt instrument instances in this song. Load those multis into Kontakt 2 on the Intel-Mac.

10. dix

dix Forum Member

Thanks, but that's not really a solution. Like I said I have hundreds of sequences that use Kompakt. Many archived on DVD etc. It isn't practical to open every one and save the multi. Thanks for your reply though.

11. Puranon

Puranon NI Product Owner

So does K2.2 Import Intakt files?

12. Stephan @ NI

Hello,

yes, Kontakt 2.2.1 loads them.

13. _Alexi_

_Alexi_ New Member

Future kontakt patches

Does this mean that any new Kontakt patches will not work in Kompakt? If that is the case, then I've apparently wasted my money.

14. Markus @ NI

Hi Alexi,

Kompakt was a small version of Kontakt 1.x. its purpose was not to be a universal Kontakt sound player.

best,
    Markus

15. _Alexi_

_Alexi_ New Member

I see.

16. UnBreakAbel

UnBreakAbel New Member

simple ?

i cant seem to make the DFD extension work on my kompakt player on acid 6 pro can someone show how to do that please :D

17. jbat2

jbat2 New Member

Can I use the Kompakt ver 1 libraries in Kontakt 4 player or is it not compatible?

If compatible, do I install Kompakt onto my computer to access the libraries? or an easier way?

I used Kompakt on a XP computer now retired and tried Kompakt on a Vista 64 bit computer but it locked up and could not be used. Kontakt 4 player is now installed and I would like to use my older library of sounds.

Kontakt 4 is overkill for me and the upgrade price of $269 US is too high for me.

18. jbat2

jbat2 New Member

According to Kontakt 4 player manual, I can use the Kompakt ver 1 libraries in Kontakt 4 player.

I installed only the library files (on 4 CD ROM disks) but Kontakt 4 player does not see them. I used the file utility and when I click on them, they come up in DEMO mode. I don't see a way to activate the library.

How can I get rid of the DEMO mode?

19. Stephan @ NI

20. jbat2

jbat2 New Member

still not working

Thanks Stephan

I installed Kompakt and got it working with the library (this library came with Kompakt v 1).

However, the library is still not found by Kontakt 4 player and when I click on individual instruments, they only load in DEMO mode. When I click to activate, it brings me to my account and states everything is activated ie Kontakt player 4, Kompakt and KONTAKT FACTORY SELECTION.