Integration: Kontrol Series vs. Third Party Controller

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by hannesmenzel, Jun 24, 2019.

1. hannesmenzel

hannesmenzel New Member

Dear community,

I want to buy a reasonable priced master controller. Besides that I already have the Komplete 12 bundle and what I want to know is, what are the advantages and drawbacks to chose a NI hardware solution in terms of integration.

The thing is, I want for my home studio a all in one solution, namely 8+ rotary, 16 pads, 61+ keys and basic daw control. I get this from third party companies for that reasonable price. So the question is: what in terms of Integration I'll never get with these? What are the most useful features NI hardware will be capable of interacting with Kontakt, Reaktor and so on? Does anybody have experience with simulating that with thrid party controllers? Will the workflow improvement make it worth the price or feature differences? Hope the question is understandable.
    Kind regards
    Johannes

2. levic

levic New Member

КК best for integration Komplete instruments and NKS

3. levic

levic New Member

which DAW do you work in?If it is Logic,Live-full integration.If another,(S1,Cubase...) will MCU

4. levic

levic New Member

Russian proverb :)
    «в Тулу со своим самоваром не ездят»

5. hannesmenzel

hannesmenzel New Member

I'm using Reaper, which can handle Mackie's, hopefully there are patches for it. I'm actually not aware how deep this integration think will go. I read in the Komplete Kontrol changelog that as from v2.1.0 upwards MIDI mapping with third party controllers is supported:

2.1.0 - 2019-02-21:
    ADDEDMIDI mapping support for third party controllers
    It is now possible to control some of KOMPLETE KONTROL's parameters via a third party MIDI controller. These include the 8 knobs of the NATIVE MAP, parameter page switching, plugin switching if more than one plugin is instantiated in the plugin chain, and preset switching.

Thats why I want to know, whats really impossible. I'm quite ready for some tweaking. Until now I use a 20 years old yamaha keyboard with an android midi controller workaround.

I actually looking for something like M-Audio Code 61 MKii which has 16 pads, 8 knobs, 8, faders and some transport controls for around 200 bucks. As stated, I'm just wondering if its better to fiddle around with that or having maybe a A49 for the same price, with prepared integration and NKS and stuff, but without aftertouch, pads and faders.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019