iOS 10 experiences

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR DJ (for iPhone and iPad)' started by Simon Iddol, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Simon Iddol

Simon Iddol Member

hey hey fellow TDJ brothers (and sisters?)

do we have a brave person here who already upgraded to iOS 10 and tried TDJ?
    and what happened?

since the last two minor iOS update TDJ was pretty stable on my end, not even the nightmarish 'search bug' surfaced, so I'M not so keen to run into issues again :D

pls let us know if you are the brave person who already did the upgrade (following the iOS8 nonsense I won't be the pioneer this time)

2. GenErik

GenErik Active Member

I'd be interested too. Especially on the first generation Air. TDJ is seemingly stable again now. Looks like an iOS upgrade along the line took care of the search / library crashing bug. So not keen on messing it up when I am fully booked for gigs 3 times a week until the rest of the year ;)

3. ardkor

ardkor Member

I've installed ios10 and lets say it's not totally compatible. i.e. when you start traktorDJ up it says it wants to access your music & media, and you have to give it access, then mine has to analyse all the tracks again and all the cue points have gone...
    I'm gonna try re syncing it with itunes later to see if I can get the cue points back.
    Not played with it yet though to see what new bugs might be lurking in there.

I'm running ver 1.3.0 on iPad pro 9.7 128GB

4. Abebe

Abebe NI Product Owner

Updated on my iphone 6 then when i start TDJ it asks access to my music library and itunes after i permitted went on analyzing those musics but not yet played with.

5. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

@ardkor: new analyzing in TDJ always destroys cue Points (and all grid adjustments!), itunes can not bring them back, neiher any cloud or iPad backup could help. Lost forever!. To avoid this desaster: Sync with Dropbox first and make (manually) a dropbox backup (on your local disc). Restoring is quite easy, but you need this backup.

Guys: if cues or defined grids are important for you > then make a dropbock backup BEFORE you start any TDJ or iOS or itunes update !

@GenErik: your comment above is interesting .. did the last iOS updates (9.x) with latest TDJ solve the 'search library crash bug' on your iPad Air1?. I can't ask @ibob as he is using older Versions of TDJ (same me). Let us know! :)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  6. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

I hate it lol.

7. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

Let me also assist you guys ... it pains in my heart if you lose grids and cues because of a iOS update :(

Here my old 1 page pdf summary (from 2015) - a brief introduction: how to backup CUE's and Grids, and how to restore them (in case if needed). No additional Software needed, no TraCoMerger needed ... should work with each TDJ and iOS device, Making a backup needs few minutes only.

... if you don't worry about lost hot cues and grid adjustments, then ignore (and apologize) my post ... good luck with new iOS! ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  8. ardkor

ardkor Member

It has always been synced with dropbox, but the cue points have all gone now :eek:
    Never had this issue with previous updates, even with ios6 to 7

Also I had the search crash bug with the last ios9 and latest TDJ, I posted it on another thread.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  9. ardkor

ardkor Member

Well I think there is more stuff messed up on ios10 also. It seems to have analysed all the tracks now, but when I load a track in it still seems to be analysing it or loading very slowly.
    Gonna try a full wipe and restore from back up later today.

10. ardkor

ardkor Member

Restore didn't work, all cue points have vanished :(

11. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

yes of course you need a lokal backup of your collection (at a time the cue were available), restore a file from dropbox is too late already (see my instruction above). If the lost cues are a big problem for you: Send me a privat conversation, maybe we find togehter some older files in your Dropbox with still exiting cues,can't promose but try.

12. Nicholas @ NI

Nicholas @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hi guys, thanks for reporting the issues. We are seeing some problems with iOS10 and we are currently investigating them. We advise you do not update to iOS10 until we can provide a solution or workaround. Thanks for your cooperation and patience. We’ll keep you updated here.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

@Nicholas @ NI : thx for this info ! .. would be great to get an update, even after such s long time, thanks for this in advance !
    Meanwhile: could you tell us what is not working in TDJ on iOS10, which bugs appear for the user? (beside reanalyze songs and lost cues) ?

14. stygma

stygma Forum Member

Hell must have frozen over today, we finally got an update to Traktor DJ. My guess is this is just a bogus update to conform to Apple's demands of updating apps or having them removed from the app store.

15. remok

remok New Member

@stygma you are absolutely right. This update does exactly nothing.

16. Nicholas @ NI

Nicholas @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey Guys,

The update addresses issues related to updating to iOS 10.

17. Uniformusic

Uniformusic New Member

Problems solved after phone restart

18. Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ NI Product Owner

NI are at least communicating in this forum now which is something we have been needing. Let's all hope a juicy update is around the corner.

19. Uniformusic

Uniformusic New Member

I had problems with Z1 fx slot using with Traktor DJ 1.6.3 iOS 10.1β2 6S Plus

20. Simon Iddol

Simon Iddol Member

what do you mean exactly? so TDJ now works on iOS10? how about Traktor Audio 2 sound card? and have you guys finally managed to fix the 'search bug' when TDJ quits randomly during the set while we search for the next song???????????????