1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

iPad coming along nicely...

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by noiserot, Dec 20, 2010.

1. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

2. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

nooooooo that's too easy, instead of a celebrated pioneering software juggernaut they'd rather let a dj crew from sanfrancisco advance maschine ffs:mad:

3. Spazoo

Spazoo NI Product Owner

the latest garageband for iOS is a legit songwriting tool.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  4. biggcess

biggcess NI Product Owner

The development behind iMaschine is sorely lacking. What we should have gotten as an update, we got as a whole new app that we had to purchase and that whole new app is still missing a truckload of capabilities that we the community have been begging for since the first iteration.

Damn shame really.

• Like Like x 1
  5. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

They did a good job on the update. Love running it on my ipad pro. Didn't you say you don't use it anymore? It's not a rocket science program to use lol.

6. skinswashdc

Whoa this looks cool. Lovin Korg GADGET.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

No it's not hard to use , but it is seriously limited , to the point of after using for a limited time it becomes harder to use .
    I only downloaded the lastest update the other week. When I see it was there I got all excited
    q. what u got for me n.i
    A. U can now change the colour of the pads
    Lol
    The only reason I use it is because my maschine is not set up yet , and I can transfer ideas into maschine

• Like Like x 1
  8. skinswashdc

Yes it is limited for a reason. You put a majority of the main software version in the ipad version nobody will buy the hardware version. Imaschine is not made to be beatmaker 2 or whatever it's called. You mess with imaschine then your curious about the hardware version. Then you go out and buy the software/hardware version.

9. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

I'm not asking for the every maschine feature ,
    more than 4 patterns would be nice tho
    What happens if u mess with I maschine and u already own maschine , do u go out and buy a mpc touch

10. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Yes it's limited for a reason , the reason being it had limited development

• Like Like x 2
  11. skinswashdc

You have maschine studio and komplete kontrol correct? You should know the answer to that.

12. skinswashdc

In your case I would uninstall it lol. But I like using it personally.

13. biggcess

That's a poor excuse.

MPC users have iMPC and The Renaissance and Touch are still selling like hot cakes. We are in an age of mobility and more and more Musician's are utilizing wifi and Bluetooth and tablets to write music. This is NI missing a golden opportunity to be at the forefront of the game. The "sketch pad" idea was a good idea, years ago. iMaschine 2 should (and could) have been much more. Really take the time to measure out the "enhancements" that were made in iMaschine 2 from iMaschine and then look at the difference of where iMPC came and went with iMPC Pro.

NI charged us for an overhyped "update" and they offered the same expansions (that we all probably bought already) at yet another cost. Before you wave the flag, look at how much you have INVESTED in this app in comparison to other music productions apps and compare their capabilities.

14. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

I didn't say I didn't like it .
    I just think its too limited. It should be free for what it is

• Like Like x 2
  15. skinswashdc

Yes I have invested a lot in stuff. I purchased a lot of steinberg products ways back and I have moved on. It pretty simple. If you like the impc then cool. But the whole coming back here announcing your isssue with imaschine we get it. The mpc touch and your love for other ios is fine, but then if you have this issue with imaschine or don't like it makes me ask why I would waste my time on here?

16. skinswashdc

Free lol.

17. skinswashdc

Anyhoo, some cool ipad apps out. I'm digging the imaschine 2 update, and korg gadget! Also, arturia has some cool one's also.

18. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

You are of course, completely missing the point... Any user using the app would be so turned off by the experience that they would conclude that Maschine is not a decent investment... The app needs to be improved dramatically.

imagine if....

Say the app was more developed, say the app allowed the mikro to be used on the iPad...

Just imagine the difference in sales for NI.. ipad app drives sales of mikro, exisiting users can use hardware with the app, and also reuse extra hardware in an ipad setup..

Now THAT is what NI should be doing.. investing in the app and making the hardware useable on the ipad.

• Like Like x 2
  19. biggcess

To put it bluntly.....

I bought iMaschine, iMaschine 2, every expansion that has been released (30+) and the ultimate collection for iMaschine 2 (every Expansion I bought already from the first iMaschine).

Do that math and let me know by quickly going through the App Store which apps I could have purchased for that amount.

Here's a list of apps that individually were cheaper than the above package and do A HELL OF A LOT MORE FOR YOU:

Cubasis
    FL Studio
    any one of the amazing Korg Keyboards
    Final Touch audio mastering
    IMPC Pro
    BeatMaker 2
    Nanostudio

Etc.

Get the point yet??

20. biggcess

This x 1,000,000

This is what I'm getting at. the app needs a major overhaul and should allow us to use their controllers. That alone would drive sales for Maschine and iMaschine.