1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Is Absynth 5 Multi-Touch Ready?

Discussion in 'ABSYNTH' started by Kalamata Kid, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Kalamata Kid

Kalamata Kid NI Product Owner

I am again looking to use Absynth 5 and got to a point that I wanted to control two parameters simultaneously. Is this possible to do with a Windows multi-touch monitor? Up to how many fingers can be used at the same time? Are the other programs in Komplete multi-touch ready? Are the knobs and sliders too small? Is anyone currently suing a multi-touch monitor for any Komplete application?

2. Kalamata Kid

Let me re-phrase my question.
    In Absynth 5 is it possible to play around with two knobs or sliders at the same time.

3. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

I don't think so.

4. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

I don't think they are multitouch on Mac or Windows, I have tried them using AirDisplay on my iPad and they just use single touch mode. Best way to control more than one param at once is assign them to a controller or build something like a Lemur template for them (I use Logic X smart controls to do this too).

5. Kalamata Kid

As soon as I get a multitouch monitor I will try multi-touching the Absynth. Next I will try Absynth in Fl Studio 12 on the Patcher Control Surface which allows you to to make larger finger touchable knobs that control the small knobs located on the VST. Unfortunately Lemur is not a Windows app even though the editor is opened in Windows. That your multi-touch test failed is very disappointing but encouraging to know that you got it working with smart controls..

6. Kalamata Kid

Sorry.
    Double post

7. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Yeah something like Patcher would probably work, it's just the native gui that is not multi touch capable, any multi touch control interface should work though (just as Smart controls do when used in the iPad Logic control app)

8. Kalamata Kid

Unfortunately Absynth 5 is not multitouch ready.

Studio One has the Macro Control which allows you to make the knobs of non-multitouch audio fx so that all the knobs can manipulated at once and thus make it multitouch usable. Wonderful, but unfortunately the Macro Control is limited when working with instruments.

So I was wondering if there is a VST wrapper or a modular plugin that hosts VST’s and in it there is a method perhaps similar in nature as is found in Studio One that can give Absynth and other VST’s multitouch capability.

Kymeia, Patcher may have such a capability but sadly it can only be used inside FL Studio. Five years later and seemingly no progress in multitouch has been made? :(

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020