1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Is an Ableton Live issue, or Guitar Rig 3 issue?

Discussion in 'Technical Issues - KOMPLETE (Archive)' started by A2B, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A2B

A2B Forum Member

This issue is persistent in both Ableton Live 7.0.15 and Ableton Live 8.0.1.

As with previous instructions, I have very carefully inserted GR3 into a preexisting MIDI track, followed by arming it.

In a final attempt at visually describing my situation, I have included this:

(compressed due to 1MB file limit)
    rkped4.gif

While I do not know whether this is an Ableton Live issue, or a Guitar Rig 3 Issue, I have come across a few problems with the plug-in; these include not being able to change the name of Banks or Sounds within the Sounds Tab, as well as crashes (9 so far) that have resulted in the following error report:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Live 8.0.1.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.1
    Application Timestamp: 49d245a7
    Fault Module Name: Guitar Rig 3.dll
    Fault Module Version: 3.0.0.10
    Fault Module Timestamp: 46d3f9c7
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 000d2427
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: f5c5
    Additional Information 2: bcaeef7c4e22d6578c7ac840d9f7a3af
    Additional Information 3: 32ba
    Additional Information 4: 2a1a96f8f226fb2ac3e801162794623e

However, the Guitar Rig 3 stand alone program seems to work without problems, but unfortunately I have no use for it, as I need to be able to record the sound in Live.

Anyways, I would consider myself somewhat computer savvy, and can usually fix problems that arise on my own, but this issue seems just beyond my level of expertise. Can anyone help?

2. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Ah- you insert GR on an audio track and route the MIDI track to it. As long as you have an empty MIDI track existing before you insert GR, you can route that MIDI track to the audio track.

ew

3. A2B

A2B Forum Member

Sigh.

So if it still does the same, would you say this is an Ableton Live issue?

4. Marc_S

Marc_S NI Product Owner

Please update Guitar Rig to the most current version (3.2.x) through service center. The log tells me that you're running a much older version.

5. A2B

A2B Forum Member

What the log is telling you is probably something different because the GR3 version I have installed is 3.2.1.004x64, including the 2.0.10 Kontrol hardware drivers. In other words, I'm fully up to date.

Any other ideas?

6. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Live can't use the x64 plugin; you also need to have the 32 bit version installed.

ew

7. A2B

A2B Forum Member

Ok, I see wha's going on... and this is weird because I've installed this before and it never happened, but somehow (after checking to make sure I didn't have the x64 plug-in in Live's plug-in folder) the VST folder Ableton was reading had the GR3 .dll version 3.0.0.10 in it, which is what Marc was referring to above, while the updated and correct 3.2.1 version .dlls were sitting in the Native Instruments VST folder, so I just swapped them out and now viola, it works; 100% hardware controllability.

I don't know how the old .dll remained installed in my Ableton's VST folder, considering I had the proper stand alone version installed...

But anyways, thanks guys... Native Instruments FTW!

8. A2B

A2B Forum Member

Just to add; I didn't take Marc seriously at first because the service center said everthing was up to date. When I saw the log entree, "Fault Module Version: 3.0.0.10", I thought to myself, "that's odd? I guess windows is reading the version wrong, or it is referring to something else.." doh! But after manually checking the plugin version in the file properties, I realized it was reading it right, but the updated .dlls were somehow in the wrong folder, and the really old .dll version somehow remained installed in my Ableton plug in folder... strrrrraaaangeeee :confused:

But thanks again for your patience in trying to help me, it was very frustrating, but it's nice now to have stable software and full use of my hardware! Seriously... :lol:

9. A2B

A2B Forum Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ok, enough celebration. time to get to business.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.