1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to remove Battery from the Library Factory?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by spacef2012, Feb 4, 2017.

1. spacef2012

spacef2012 NI Product Owner

HI,

Is it possible to remove Battery folders from the factory library ?
    The reason is that it makes too much drums samples to browse, with all the velocities etc.
    If I want battery sound, I'd prefer to load Battery itself.
    But there is no "remove" from the factory library entries, or I did not find it.
    Thanks!

2. spacef2012

not possible ?

3. dabb

dabb Active Member

1- Move battery folder somewhere else
    2- Rescan battery in maschine
    3- Put battery back

4. spacef2012

Nice workaround!
    But unfortunately, it works only for a single standalone session, or if Maschine is used as a plugin after that, because, if I put back the battery folder at its original location, Maschine will rescan it automatically at next start of Mashine standalone, and then one has to do the manipulation again.
    Also, moving the folder and updating battery will also update the location inside maschine....

So this would work only if one use Maschine as a plugin (because it does not re-scan) and until he starts maschine in standalone mode (because it will re-scan and add the samples)...

It would be nice to be able to un-list some NI folders from the library and have less "integration" when it is not desired by the user...

5. dabb

dabb Active Member

Try this then:
    Don't move whole battery folder, but move only things you dont want to see in maschine (ie audio files only but not samples folder, and .nbkt files inside kits folder)
    rescan maschine so everything about battery will dissappear in maschine
    (Do not update battery after move)
    put back everything in their correct place.
    This way maschine wont rescan battery again on reboot.

You are right though, there should be an option to remove factory stuff without workarounds..