Is it worth upgrading to full MASCHINE 2 Factory Library?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by LoveEnigma, Jun 4, 2019.

1. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

During the SoS, the full Maschine Library is available for $50. It does have a huge content compared to the one that comes with Essentials, but with so many Expansions and stuff, is it still worth it?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

2. Tony Jones

Tony Jones NI Product Owner

I've the same thought - I did ask before if it was worth it, and the view then was mixed. As I now have a few expansions with K12, and Start and two I bought I don't feel desperate pressure. Still, it is on sale!

• Like Like x 1
  3. LoveEnigma

LOl, indeed! :p

Definitely not a real need or even want. I personally never thought about it mainly because of so many Expansions that I have, but felt tempted to ask as it is on sale.

4. LoveEnigma

I think I will skip it.

5. Tony Jones

That's what I've decided as well.

6. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Hard to say because it depends on your personal taste but for someone who likes expansions, for example, i'd say its worth it, 50 bucks is the price of a single one, the full library has 486 Kits, that's a lot of stuff...

• Like Like x 2
  7. telecode101

telecode101 NI Product Owner

if you get Komplete 12 dont you get the full Maschine library?

8. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

No thats all different stuff but with 12 you will have enough anyway

Uwe

9. LoveEnigma

Agree. Perhaps I will get it in the next sale.

10. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

I can sell the library upgrade to you if you want to for a good price.
    I now changed from Mikro MK3 to MK3 and don’t need the single license anymore.
    Just shoot me a PM if you are interested.

• Like Like x 1
  11. LoveEnigma

Thanks. I am not sure about it, but I have PMed you anyway. Let's discuss.

12. Tony Jones

The problem I have with this logic is the nature of the extra material as I can't listen to it in advance AFAIK. I just bought the K12 Standard from Select giving me 7 new expansions of which I think I would have bought 2 separately. The others are mostly not my kind of music, though do add to the bulk of my library.

13. telecode101

telecode101 NI Product Owner

The exps included with Standard .. its about 1/2 hip hop / R&B and 1/2 EDM & experimental. I think Halcyon Sky is best one. All depends what kind of music you make. But what I do is go through then and piece together kits from different expansions. So I will find an expansion that has most of the feel I need, then go around and fill in and replace with other things its missing from other expansions. e.g. more options for snare or tom sounds e.t.c. There are quite a lot of options in that Maschine full library, but the ones included with standard are going to be more than enough.

• Like Like x 1
  14. freakydinde

freakydinde NI Product Owner

the maschine library is really good, i find it better than any expansion content, especially for the acoustic part. (extract from AB road libraries, studio kits...), and for the Roland 909/808 part.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. D-One

Yeah, that's why i mentioned it's only worth it for those who already find the smaller library useful.
    It depends on how you do your music based on the library material... Most drum samples and patterns are oriented towards the hip-hop/urban crowd but they can be adapted to any genre imo, especially the multi-sample instruments and synth presets.

• Like Like x 1
  16. LoveEnigma

If I were to get it, it would be for this. $49 is a bargain for the library price wise, but only because we have so much already, I thought if it would be really worth it to spend additional $49 at this point, especially when K12U is on the way.

17. D-One

If you're getting K12U I would say no, it's not worth it unless you have a need for a wider range of instruments that are much more CPU efficient at the cost of sounding worst (compared to Kontakt ones) like live performance or something.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. freakydinde

freakydinde NI Product Owner

multi sampled instruments are fine but really in a groovebox way, you get 2 samples per octave and no velocity layers.

if you own kontakt you should better use it ;)

19. D-One

That's a bit of an exaggeration, some do have 2 or 3 velocity layers and a different sample for each couple of notes, with that said I prefer Kontakt too for many reasons, especially on my desktop since it's a beefy computer but if I am on my crappy i5 laptop it's a different story. it just depends on the user's needs...

[​IMG]

20. Leif Hallberg

Leif Hallberg NI Product Owner

Is the full Maschine 2 Factory library upgrade the same as what you get with JAM?