1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Is Kontakt 5.3 64 Bit ?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by yzf125, Feb 6, 2014.

1. yzf125

yzf125 NI Product Owner

Hey guys I was just wondering if the latest version Kontakt 5.3 player is 64 bit ? or does it install both 32 and 64 because when I run Reaper in 64 bit mode and then load Kontakt it says Kontakt 5 (x86 bridged)

Thanks

2. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

Yes, it's 64-bit.

I'm not sure what "x86 bridged" refers to.

3. DarkStar

DarkStar NI Product Owner

It means that Reaper has found the 32-bit edition of Kontakt and is loading that one.

It all depends on the VST plug-in paths that Reaper scans and the names of the plug-ins - for Reaper 64-bit, the VST path list should have 32-bit path(s) first then the 64-bit path(s). When a plug-in with the same name as a previous one is found, Reaper keeps the later one.

4. yzf125

yzf125 NI Product Owner

So everything in Programs x86 is going to be 32 bit and Programs is 64 bit ?

5. DarkStar

DarkStar NI Product Owner

That's likely, but it depends on the installer and on the choices made by the user during the installation.

When I installed Kontakt on Windows 7 64-bit, the Kontakt.exe standalone program was installed into a folder under C:\Program Files\Native Instruments and the VSTis went into C:\VST_64\Samplers\Kontakt and C:\VST_32\Samplers\Kontakt. I created these folders myself and selected them during the install.

It's worth noting that many people create their plug-in folders outside "Program Files" - to avoid issues with some (non-NI) plug-ins.