1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Is there any way to keep Song view active all the time instead of ideas view?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by District Onagi, Sep 26, 2018.

1. District Onagi

District Onagi NI Product Owner

While I understand the benefits for many of the ideas view I don't use it at all, and every time I have the software focused on song mode, when I try to create a new scene it takes me to ideas view.

Is there a way to lock this or create a preference/ lock button so that I'm not forced to be taken to the ideas page? If there is no answer that anyone knows in the thread Mick @ NI , could you please advise?

2. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Not that Iam aware of but it would be nice to have the choice indeed

• Like Like x 1
  3. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion NI Product Owner

I kind of just accepted the change. It impacted my workflow, but I adapted since I know how these things go. However, I too would like the option instead of being forced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Yes I would also prefer not to have to press shift + scene every time, scene button should open the last state. So if I am in ideas view and switch with shift + scene to arranger next time I press only scene it should open arranger and vice versa.

Uwe

• Like Like x 4
  5. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 2
  6. District Onagi

It helps me visually to see the patterns in a timeline. Especially since we cannot see what midi/audio information is contained within the patterns in either song or ideas view, it helps to know what I have in the chronological order of the song. Glad to know I'm not the only one :)

Uwe303 , is shift+scene how to focus the controller to the song view for Maschine studio, or all controllers? I am away from my controller. I assume this is for the Mk3 which does not have a dedicated arrange button.

7. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Shift + scene is on all controllers but you have to stop then press it and press play again otherwise it won't switch. And on Studio we have an dedicated arrange button, I will look what's the difference if I'm at home in front of it.

Uwe

8. District Onagi

Okay, thanks. Because so far on the controller, I have had to go to navigation, and then press the song view... but every time I hit scene, instead of jumping to an individual scene in the song timeline, it goes to the ideas view.

I understand that this is the way Maschine is going focusing on the the ideas view, but please Mick @ NI it would be nice if we could have an option to stay focused on the song view instead of forcing users to be in the ideas view.

9. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Ahh and really strange is if i hold shift + scene i cannot select a section, i have to pin it release the two buttons then i can select a section.
    But if i hold shift + scene the knobs under the screen work, and as far as i remember in an older version also the pads to select a section,
    what can be really handy in some editing situations - really strange behaviour in my oppinion.

Uwe

• Like Like x 1
  10. District Onagi

YES! This is exactly how it worked. Now, if you select the scene, it takes you away from the Song mode and back to the ideas view.

This is not very handy if you have already laid out your patterns into song mode and would like to quickly jump to a particular scene to listen to it/edit it.

11. District Onagi

Thanks Uwe303,

Just got home and at on Studio Shift + Scene allows me to add a scene the old way. This is at least workable, I just hope that NI gets rid of this as I feel like they are trying to phase out the song view this way and force the ideas view on us. I'm totally cool with people liking and using ideas view, but I bought Maschine and continued to use it based on it's functionality when they released it. It would be against their own values to abolish it when they have explicitly said many times that all of the new integrations moving forward would integrate into the existing software they had.

12. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Yes I feel the same about it

13. alpert

alpert NI Product Owner

I used to save maschine in song view and save it as a template.
    Some update broke that too. Now saving in song mode doesnt reflect new project in song mode, it still opens ideas view.. i hate that, but who would care?
    Not someone@NI at least..

14. g_bonez

g_bonez New Member

press navigate then change idea tab to song tab. hope this helps

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

Just push the arrange button to select and duplicate sections instead of using the scene button. You can save a template project with Song view selected so it loads in this view.