1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

is there parallel processing inside of FM8?

Discussion in 'FM8' started by StarSMASH, Feb 24, 2020.

1. StarSMASH

StarSMASH NI Product Owner

the effects have a dry/wet knob, but i lose a lot of the dry signal the more wet i put on it. Am i able to somehow parallel process inside of the synth or would i have to open two instances of FM8?

Edit- okay, so i realized i'd have to parallel process by routing inside of maschine.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

No parallel processing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. StarSMASH

How would I go about altering the level of the effects without altering the dry signal with just one instance?

4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

You can't. They are all serial effects with dry/wet level. However, all (or at the very least, most) those effects are also available in Guitar Rig, so you can place GR after FM8 and go to town.

Tube Amp effect in FM8 seems to just be AC Box Normal channel. Cabinet is the legacy Cabinets & Mics module in GR. Shelving EQ, Peak EQ, Talk Wah, Tremolo, PsycheDelay are found under the same name in GR. Phaser is Stoned Phaser in GR. Flanger is Electric Lady in GR. Reverb is Studio Reverb in GR. Delay is Quad Delay in GR.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. StarSMASH

Awesome. Thank you!