1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Is this the new Ableton Live Push 2 Controller?????

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Hit-Man, Oct 31, 2015.

1. District Onagi

District Onagi NI Product Owner

I was asking you, you were the one suggesting Studio One, and I did watch some videos about it, which is why I asked you specific question. You are a curious one, Skins:confused:

2. District Onagi

LMAO Push 2 has been out for how long? They already allow pad choosing of the colors on the hardware.

I look forward to this feature on Maschine 4.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. District Onagi

4. macchinista

macchinista NI Product Owner

Not really. It's not possible without 3rd party scripts to organize and rename control banks for vst's.
    You can read more about it here: https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=221501

5. RudeGullit

RudeGullit NI Product Owner

If I had to choose which one to buy at this time, I would have bought push 2, definitely. Sad to see how machine is lagging behind. I'm probably gonna save for push and won't spend any money on machine anymore. I still can do a lot with machine, but I can more and more understand the frustration on this forum.

• Like Like x 3
  6. dreddiknight

dreddiknight NI Product Owner

This comes to us all...

• Like Like x 6
  7. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

i have invested in push 2 and i like it so far..

The flat tactile switches on push 2 however are clearly a cost saving.... while cool and sharp looking in an Ikea sort of way, proper buttons like maschine/studio would be far easier to work with.. less pressure, quicker acting

8. RudeGullit

RudeGullit NI Product Owner

Been reading a bit and it seems that push 2 is tailored towards the session view, while I would use Ableton mostly for the arrangement part. So I'll invest in some hardware and a new computer first, before anything else. By the time I have those, a lot will have happened on this front I think. Hopefully for Maschine too.

9. District Onagi

A YouTube by the name of Sadowick Productions uses Ableton Arrangement view almost exclusively, he drops his audio files right in, sequences automation,etc. In other words, you can make a track without ever going to the session view

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

I messed with live 9 and push at my friends place today. I like the integration with live. I really like the feel of the pads. I was having fun using it. i will say that the live suite library was very uninspiring. It still hasn't improved. So I hope people have a good vst collection and drum kits to inspire them to make music consistently. Because after months and months of using the same hardware and not having great content like NI provide I see being uninspired real quick. I also think it's fun messing around jamming out ideas. DJing top 40 with various genre's I couldn't see myself DJing gigs with it like my traktor set-up. Brought back old memories using live again lol.

Either way kudos to Ableton on a great controller. I still think that when NI drop a maschine controller, push 2 will be put on ebay or users will flip it to get the new maschine. Ni gotta nail the sequnecer and features with it. For sample mangling, and getting ideas out it's cool. Studio One 3 is still the best option to use with maschine though as an all around DAW. If your curious about Live 9 to Studio One 3 check here:
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/switching-from-ableton-live-9-to-studio-one.11141/

All in all I think Push 2 is a great investment for anybody who uses Live. I say get it if you can afford it.

11. District Onagi

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  12. detech

detech NI Product Owner

Push 2 was released to overcome Push limitations.
    There's no point for Native Instruments to release a new Maschine controller when current hardware is not even fully exploited.

Studio One 3 is more like Sonar, Logic or Cubase, with a straight forward sequencer.
    For people looking for a live remixing & sequencing software only options left so far are Ableton Live, Bitwig and Maschine.

13. skinswashdc

Eventually NI are going to come out with new controllers. Maybe not this year, but they are going to do it. For live remixing you can't leave out traktor, serato etc. The traktor D2 is an excellent tool for live remixing/DJing. Maschine integration with Traktor down the line will be insane. For the sequencers I agree.

14. skinswashdc

I wanna go back and play on the push 2 pads again. Love the feel. Check this out:

15. Spazoo

Spazoo NI Product Owner

insane is waiting for such integration to ever happen. since the beginning of maschine some of us have been asking NI to just make the programs sync reliably with each other. that still hasn't happened and so far there's been no official response yet from NI. lol still waiting!!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. District Onagi

So this method doesn't work for your dj sessions? http://djtechtools.com/2012/04/25/perfecting-traktor-beatgrids-eans-method/

I don't know as I don't have traktor.

17. AntonA1

AntonA1 NI Product Owner

This....
    so.mind.boggling...every time I think of it and all the missed opportunities in general (and there are many), I shake my head.
    There doesn't seem to be any real sense of urgency on N.I.'s side (based on their track record), and I think that (along with accelerated competition) is already having a huge impact. Sigh...

18. AntonA1

AntonA1 NI Product Owner

Sorry to keep this thread off topic, but in my experience it's a lot of hoop jumping and far from perfect. There is no guaranteed sync of the "1" beat unless you hit the sync button, and when hit it can initially take a second to catch up. No way any users should have to go through this procedure to sync these two products from the same company in my opinion. And the fact that to this day there is no Template in the Controller Editor for Maschine Studio use with Traktor is pretty much beyond lame.

Edit: to be sure there are third party solutions, but they basically use Maschine as a midi controller. I am especially surprised with their emphasis on Stems that they did not set something up so that users with both Maschine and Traktor could have seamless syncing with an in house solution.

• Like Like x 1
  19. District Onagi

Jeez, that's awful. Thanks for letting me know. I was planning on getting an S2 or S4 and using it in conjunction with Maschine... I guess that's out of the water. I wanted to use Traktor over serato but if this is the case maybe I should just go with Serato? I assume you use Traktor, do you use Serato Anton? same question @Spazoo

So it's not only Maschine, but Traktor. I've asked this a few times, but I really don't get it with NI. Have they just bitten off more than they can chew with their products? Do they not care about existing products? Do they not know how to fix these issues? Do they have enough staff? Do they not care about existing customers?

Seriously what is the deal?

20. Spazoo

Spazoo NI Product Owner

the beatgrid is not the problem. the midi clock sync is the problem. there is so much drift that it sometimes sounds like a train wreck.

anyways... not trying to derail this. i've just been waiting for these two programs to work together for a long time and it's frustrating that they still don't. it seems like a lot of features requested on the traktor forum get ignored. in all fairness some unrequested features have been added... but sometimes it seems those new features are crippled to encourage people to buy new controllers.