Is traktor coming to an end?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by andyfoz, Jul 7, 2019.

1. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Who knows - but I don't think they will end Traktor software. And for hardware you can for example outsource, and work for example with a chineese designer/manufacturer or work together with one of the brands like reloop or whatever.

Uwe

3. SpirosG

SpirosG NI Product Owner

Or Denon "aka" InMusic, the may want to compete with pioneer in every aspect and Engine is not mature enough. Who knows we may see NI under InMusic's roof. Wise move if you ask me. NI looks like it lacks the money to develop as fast as other companies.

4. Valen G

Valen G NI Product Owner

They are dying because of one simple reason. They stayed behind on the EDM platform and continue catering to EDM. If i'm offending anyone here, sorry, but it's the truth. They need to integrate parallel waveforms (in the vertical view, NOT the horizontal that's going on), fix their preparation list (delete songs after they are played automatically), clean up their GUI (less clutter, example, having track move and loops separate instead of having to toggle through them) , and have midi files available for all dj gear. Serato has an upper hand on all of these things. Open format, here in the US anyways, is king. EDM guys are out of a job unless they are at festivals or at big room clubs, which are shutting down across the nation. This is solely from an open format dj's prospective. The reasons I personally haven't left to serato is because I love having super tight timecode, I've experienced much less bugs since traktor 3 compared to all the serato users i've seen, and the ability to use any soundcard I want.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  5. freakydinde

freakydinde NI Product Owner

the whole Native Instrument company is coming to an end.

Traktor needs Spotify integration, but beatport is part of the monetize plan.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Source? Or is this your opinion being stated as a fact?

7. freakydinde

cry of pain watching its beloved drowning

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. HammyHavoc

Hardly. These are tools.

9. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

You aren't allowed to stream Spotify in public places. Spotify doesn't allow professional DJ software to integrate it

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Can't believe everything you read. They just dropped Traktor DJ, and we will see what other Traktor products they will drop.

11. HammyHavoc

This puts SoundCloud in a really interesting position for DJs at least!

12. freakydinde

In france we are also not allowed to play our mp3 in a public place without prior declaration to the Sacem, i don't get the difference.

Pioneer started to include spotify in its DJ product, the Algoriddim dj app also include spotify.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  13. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Jumeirah Sound System

Jumeirah Sound System NI Product Owner

This would be my bet if it comes to this. As I said on DJTT, Denon has been trying to make a major assault on Pioneer for the last few years using InMusic's money. InMusic has the pockets and the motivation to do so, ultimately merging Traktor with some form of Engine, possibly even their Akai hardware line.

I'm just speculating here and I hope I'm wrong. The last few speedy updates of TP3 have given me some hope but it's hard to stop the tide if these signals are correct. This post will probably be deleted anyway if we are anywhere close to the truth, but even if not, I really do hope I'm wrong.

15. skinswashdc

They don’t need InMusic lol. It’s not about developing stuff fast, but putting out the right products and when they think it’s right.

16. skinswashdc

Can't believe everything you read on the net.

17. Tjzafira

Tjzafira NI Product Owner

traktor running inside a denon sc5000 / sc5000m oooooooooooh one can only imagine

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

I don’t think traktor is going anywhere.

NI’s success I believe will come if they start supporting djs. When they start doing this then they will get support in return.

For now traktor is doing better, they opened things up. But still they have to do more.

19. kramdown

kramdown NI Product Owner

As a working club DJ who has been harmonically mixing for years, this update is most welcome. I'm still using Pro 2, and can actually consider Pro 3 now.

Looking through the comments, it's insane to judge a DJ program by it's key detection software. Always verify a track's mixing key at home before dropping it at the club! Many new hip-hop tracks can be mixed in a variety of ways (Megatron, Truth Hurts come immediately to mind) and key detection software focuses on the bass line - not the melody (which gives you the best mix because that's where the listeners' ears are).

If you don't play keyboards or guitar, I suggest you get a chromatic pitch pipe and check the key with that. But as with grids never rely on software to do the work for you because it's not always right.

That said... I'm not excited about how this is implemented on their new controller because it takes two hands to pull off a simple key up! I mean wtf... at least with my S5 I can (somewhat clumsily) do it with one. But I also have deck key up and down functions mapped to a numpad in controller manager - which is the way I've done it for years.

20. Anti-Skating

Anti-Skating NI Product Owner

End of their hardware division? I guess I can now stop waiting for a Z2 replacement and move on from Traktor.
    :(