1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Is Traktor Scratch compatible with cdj 100s?

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Mentze, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mentze

Mentze New Member

Hello.

I am interested in buying traktor scratch in order to perform my dj sets. However my set-up at home is old and i am worried if it will be possible to work with traktor home. I have 2 cdj-100s + one numark mixer DM 3001X. Are cdj-100s compatible with traktor?

Thanx in advance for your help.

2. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

Yes. My buddy has them and we spin TS off his decks when we do weddings together. Not a fan of them, but yes they do work.

3. Mentze

Mentze New Member

thanx a lot man! :) :)

4. kourampies

kourampies Forum Member

they do work, but 90% of the times, when you press play, the track begins to play, the pitch/tempo drops A LOT for almost a second, and then plays normally. certainly not suitable for people who dont do long beat mixes and press play with the fader already up :)

5. tony_smoove

tony_smoove New Member

I use CDJ 100's every weekend with Traktor scratch with no issue whatsoever.

Enjoy!

6. dj_vibe

dj_vibe Forum Member

I've used them last aturday night...no problems...all right! ;)

7. Real_Blackroom

Real_Blackroom Forum Member

I used them alot the last year or so at a venue I play at reguarly and I have the same problem as kourampies have. They skip a few beats into the track. Could it be different firmwares or something? I couldn't find an update for the players while searching for it. Would gladly get rid of that problem. (Or the players all together to be honest.)

8. kourampies

kourampies Forum Member

never used them with 1.3/3.4 but i think this is a cdj problem. when i was playing with cds, i remember getting this with tracks that had exactly the same sound for many frames, for exaple poorly made intros and outros by ultimix, that had complete silence between the beats.
    anyway if someone plays somewhere with cdj100s and is completely sure that works perfectly, please look at the manufacture date on the back and post it here :)

9. burlakdj

burlakdj New Member

Problem with beat in TS!

Hi guys!
    I have a problem with Traktor Scratch when I use the CD`s with CDJ 100 players. Everything seems to be normal with the Time Codes but when I play the track no matter on which DECK it always skips (goes faster or slower) in the beginning of the 3 – 4 beat. I hope you will get my point. Are there any additional settings which I have to tune up? By the way with CDJ 800 I don not have any problems neither with VINYL MODE nor with Play & Cue, it works just fine!
    Thank you in advance!

10. TeLLy

Have you got master tempo on? Make sure it's off; Traktor doesn't play nice with adjusted-pitch timecode signal.

11. tony_smoove

tony_smoove New Member

12. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I merged the topics together since they are related to the same hardware.

I'm going to forward it to the support techs to see what they say.

In the meantime, please file support tickets and better yet post some audio examples if you can.

13. burlakdj

burlakdj New Member

hey i dont have key master tempo! btw i use copys of original CDs from TS, i use normaly latenc and i dont know from where come this problem!

14. Mentze

Mentze New Member

anyone got problems with the master tempo on traktor scratch pro?

15. TeLLy

Um...yeah. You're not supposed to use your CDJ's master tempo function. Just turn on keylock in the software.

16. Mentze

Mentze New Member

i am not using cdjs master tempo. As soon as i turn on the keylock the timecode starts skipping etc etc...

17. kenz0

kenz0 New Member

hi dudes

i'm completely new in this digital world :D

I've another problem guys

when i play track3(scroll zone) from original control cds into my cdj100 players...jogwheels doesn't handle TSP playlist as should..doesn't work!

are you experiencing the same?

my multicore cable setup:
    Player TT/CD >>> pioneer cdj100
    Mixer TT/CD >>> LINE in channel on mixer
    Mixer Line In >>> PHONO channel on mixer switched to LINE

Playing on Phono mode on mixer channels(switched to line as said..)
    Switched to CONTROL CD/LINE on audio8...

maybe i did something wrong?

18. kourampies

kourampies Forum Member

you seem to have everything set up right. i ve never used playlist track, but i suppose this problem is related to the shitty way the cdj100s seeks, and keep in mind that the whole seek track and traktor scratch are originaly designed for vinyl, not for cdjs that skip and stutter while searching for cues etc.

19. vince11

vince11 New Member

has there been ne update on the cdj100 issue as i have the exact same problem.. for the frist bar there is a drop in pitch and the beats skip, then its fine......

20. Chris Race

Chris Race NI Product Owner

I have the same problem with my two CDJ-100. I just asked Pioneer via E-Mail and will post if I get a satisfying answer.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.