1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Is Traktor Scratch compatible with cdj 100s?

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Mentze, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vince11

vince11 New Member

Hey there Chris,

I spoke to Pioneer, theres no solution... i only use Traktor at special gigs now and at hme for recording mixes etc... either way im back to CD's... laptop Djing is just not good enuff at this point in time to continue full time... and the technology is not advanced or reliable enuff... this is after using TS now for almost 2 yrs..

2. Chris Race

Chris Race NI Product Owner

There has to be a solution :angry: (besides buying a new CDJ, quit using TSP, ....) !

I don't want a CD-Player doing a lot of things, but it should be able to play an audio-CD in a correct way, even 3 seconds after a cue-point :confused:

If there's someone with a CDJ-100 that doesn't show the problem than there has to be a difference (other firmware, hardware, .... ?) between this and mine.

Chris
    (still waiting for an answer from Pioneer)

3. Chris Race

Today I've got the answer from Pioneer:

"Thanks for your mail, blablabla ..........., please call your local service center under the following address: ......."

OK, very nice answer after 3 days :angry: .

Anyway, I called the service center today (seems to be a small company) and told them the problem. They've never heard of this before but it seems that they want to care about the complaint.

First I'm going to send them a few screenshots of the recorded signal at the point of it's break but I think I have to send them the players so they can try and test it on their own.

The most interesting part is whether ALL CDJ-100s are affected or just the "old" ones. In this case, there must be a change on the series and maybe it's possible to upgrade the old ones.

I will report if I have some news.

Chris

4. vince11

vince11 New Member

Hey chris,

thats good news.. u got more info than i did from pioneer... it cld well be the series of the cdj100 as mine are quite old series but other pples seem to work fine... ne way... traktor say they have no answer / pioneer said theres no solution and can offer no update to the units except replace them so if u get it right i think everyone owes u a few beers!

Pls keep me posted...

5. Chris Race

Hmm, maybe it's not so good that as it sounds :( . I called the "local service center" after mailing them wave stripes and sound examples of sinus signal where you can hear (or see) the short break after the start from a cue-point.

Answer: Ah, your players are ten years old, sounds like a problem with the laser unit that doesn't work any more...

Me: ...ehm, the problem is reproduceable and occurs always at the same time (approx. 1,5 s after the start from the cue-point). The whole rest of the song plays perfectly...

Answer: Ah, a sinus-signal or something like that is not a proof because of [technical explanation, blablaba, ....], if you have a real audio, a song, where you can HEAR the break, then we might have a look on it.

Me: Aha, for me it doesn't matter whether I play an audio file with a sinus signal or an audio file with music. Audio is audio!

Answer: Not really, because [technical explanation, blablaba, ....]

Me: OK, when I find an audio file where the problem can be heard, what will you do then?

Answer: First we try to clean or exchange the laser unit. It's 10 years old and that might be the reason...

Me: OK! Enough talking! If I find a song, where I can HEAR the problem, I'm going to buy 2 brand new CDJ-100 and knock on your door. And I'm very curious, how you will fix it by cleaning or replacing the laser unit!

Answer: Hmmm, the CDJ-100 is the cheapest DJ-Player and it doesn't perform like the flagship (CDJ-1000)....

Me: Bullshit, even with the oldest (about 15 years old) and cheapest player that I have there's no such problem!

Answer: OK, just find a song where the problem heareable occurs and we will see...

Me: :angry: :angry: OK, I'll try it :angry: :angry:

It would be nice if someone can tell me a song, where you can HEAR the above mentioned problem. And it would be nice also, when the guys that doesn't have the problem would tell me the manufacturing date of their players.

After that, I'll contact the service center again :confused: :confused:

6. kourampies

kourampies Forum Member

Try it with Akon - Smack that (Funkymix / Ultimix whatever its called).
    Cue it from the start or use autocue.
    I remember always having this problem back in 06 in a place i worked, sometimes it happened with other funkymix tracks that are completely silent between beats.

7. stunder

stunder New Member

are you sure about the compatibility with cdj 100?...And plz let me know if the jogwheel works ?

8. vince11

vince11 New Member

it happens on all songs... so just take one from your collection.. is there ne one out there with CDJ 100's that the skipping doesnt happen to?

Seems strange that Pioneer say its just the laser...

We need someone to confirm the year of manufacture of there units that dont skip.... then Pioneer should replace all our older units :)

Hope this get solved soon

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.