1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Issue: B4 II / Battery 3 / FM8 / Reaktor 5 on Mac OS X 10.5.2

Discussion in 'Computer Technology and Setup' started by tira, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tira

tira NI Product Owner

Hi there,

After my Komplete 5 installation + updating to the latest versions on a fresh MBP with 10.5.2, I get these issues in standalone mode:

- B4 II and Reaktor 5 crash on startup
    - Battery 3 and FM8 won't let me assign neither audio channels nor adjust latency in the MIDI/Audio Options menu

Haven't checked with DAW app yet (Cubase 4.1), will post it here...

Same experiences anybody?

2. corbo-billy

corbo-billy NI Product Owner

I have also Komplete 5 installed on MacPro with Leopard.
    I am satisfied with all the applications except Kontakt 2 & 3 in
    standalone not producing any sound!

3. tira

tira NI Product Owner

Update: I got Battery and FM to assign the right channels. B4II and Reaktor still crash on startup though. This happens on a MacBookPro 2.4 GHz, Penryn (Spring 2008) with OS 10.5.2 in standalone mode.

4. bsamuels

bsamuels Forum Member

B4 crash

Similar problem using 10.5.2. Haven't tried Reaktor yet. Macbook Pro 2.2 Ghtz 4 Gig Ram

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.