It is great to have new standalone plugins but...

Discussion in 'STUDIO FX' started by kotkas, Dec 1, 2012.

1. kotkas

kotkas New Member

...is this a hint that NI might be phasing out Guitar Rig in the near future? :confused:

I mean, we received Premium Tube Series and now Vintage Compressors, both as standalone effects; i.e., NOT built into the Guitar Rig framework, as we used to see.

Also GR has not received significant changes in a while; GR5 is quite similar to GR4 with just a few additional bells & whistles...

2. jackn2mpu

jackn2mpu NI Product Owner

I doubt it - wild speculation at best GR is going away. I think NI realized a lot of people wanted these plugs outside of GR and outside of NI. Loving the vintage compressors bundle in PT. Makes for a lot cleaner screen when you have several of the standalone versions up instead of having several GR instances on screen.

Now if NI would make the Solid Series available as standalone that would be great. Need some reasonably inexpensive SSL emulations.

3. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

I don't know if they are phasing out GR (though its possible). Maybe they are refocusing GR as what is supposed to be as supposed to an all purpose effects unit.

4. jackn2mpu

jackn2mpu NI Product Owner

Wouldn't mind that at all. Although I do get some interesting sounds running non-guitar stuff through it.