1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

iTunes and FM8, Help!

Discussion in 'Computer Technology and Setup' started by Unrealhacker, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unrealhacker

Unrealhacker New Member

I'm trying to learn how to play 'Digital Love' - Daft Punk and when I open FM8 it stops iTunes from playing (and any other program that produces audio) how can I fix this. I am on Windows Vista, I don't have this problem on my Mac OSX Leopard. :S Please help me.

2. perversity

perversity NI Product Owner

All I can say is get a Mac! ;)

3. Unrealhacker

Unrealhacker New Member

I have a Mac but I need to record on my PC, please anyone have an idea why its doing this?

4. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Your soundcard driver isn't multiclient or multiformat. ASIO drivers for the most part aren't multiclient (the NI interface drivers are, however), and a lot of drivers won't let you use ASIO and say MME at the same time.

ew

5. unrealhacker12

unrealhacker12 New Member

Thats definatley the problem so what would you suggest?

Have have a 'Terratec DMX 6 Fire 24/96' and onboard I have a '7.1channel Superior Quality Audio, 10/100 Ethernet LAN' http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=939Dual-SATA2

Which should I use instead of ASIO? and which is most suitable? :(

6. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

What would I do? I'd play iTunes over my onboard sound and FM8 through the DMX 6-Fire. Hook up one to say your home stereo (the 6-fire would be the logical choice here because of the phono jacks) and the other to computer speakers.

ew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.