Ive got 99 problems, and they're all related to Maschine

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by mason drielling, Aug 12, 2019.

1. mason drielling

mason drielling New Member

I've been using Maschine for 4 years and I kinda just discovered the forum is a great place to get myself heard by smart people so here are all of my problems. This post is full of unique feature suggestions, bugs, and other issues.

FEATURE SUGGESTION - MIDI tab in the browser. I want to browse through midi files in. n. k. s. baybeeeeee

BUG - when I share projects with a friend, there is an error message that says the project cannot be loaded with no explanation and we cannot get it to load. I've boiled it down to certain 3rd party plugins. This is a new problem that came after the 2.8+ updates

BUG - User Projects cannot be tagged. I brought this up in an earlier post. A key part here is that I think it came up before 2.8 updates and its a bug related to the browser yall are having problems with right now in 2.8+? Worthy of investigation I don't know...

BUG - User exports show up in the user sample library. Please Update the file storage path and NKS browser. User exports should show in their own individual tab just like MIDI. This would help clean up the user samples browser and help users determine between original and edited samples.

ISSUE - I've changed the names to all my samples and I now have ~1700 projects with missing samples. This has caused a lot of stress. This post is mostly me venting about the issues that come along with changing sample names for organizational purposes

FEATURE SUGGESTION - Let us use native access to upload all our own user content... 3rd party drum kits, preset kits.

FEATURE SUGGESTION - - Maybe a Maschine remote application on the AppStore? We could control the Maschine mixer on our phone, reference audio on our phone/headphones etc. that would be really cool. Definitely a long term project but just an idea.

FEATURE SUGGESTION - Maybe NA stores the data in a cloud with storage payment plans we pay for IDK... Or we can still save the data on an external hard drive and use NA to save file paths and 3rd party plugin data if we switch computers on mac.

ISSUE - this is my biggest fear as a NI customer. Each manufacturer has a different method of installing plugins and its a mess. However, Output is an NKS partner so exhale gets to be saved in the cloud. Not fair. I have no idea what I would do if I had to switch computers right now. I'm operating on two computers and I'm having a hard time managing plugins and sample libraries on both computers.

FEATURE SUGGESTION Please, I need the NI gods to bless me and all the other Maschine users in the same position here. I would really love for there to be some super Meta Native instruments standalone application for editing file paths, tagging files, relocating missing samples, and importing user content, managing exports, and finished projects, etc... Strictly for organizational purposes. I know so many people who just quit because everything was a mess. I would pay out the ass for this if it was good. Unfortunately, not a lot of other people would HOWEVER it would keep everyone coming back.

FEATURE SUGGESTION - Give us the option to automatically save all projects with samples. *Nothing changes except for a little button in the preferences* I know that's not true but I really would love this so much. I have so many projects to organize and to have this feature would be very reassuring. Each project would automatically have its own file with its own samples that do not appear in the browser unless imported. Nothing is changed in those project files unless the project is open.

FEATURE SUGGESTION - Edit history for projects? Im beyond asking for an Autosave featurel I'd like to be able to save a project and then undo and all that other good stuff.

FEATURE SUGGESTION - Midi recall. If i play something really cool, and i can't remember it I should not have to cope with losing it forever because I played it ON A COMPUTER !!! srsly!!! Ableton has it if yall need a reference :/

FEATURE SUGGESTION - Audio to MIDI converter. Drag a sample into a box - click a button - get some super inaccurate midi data spewed out onto the piano roll. Id be absolutely okay with that. ABleton aslo has this if yall need a reference.

FEATURE SUGGESTION - Key detection in the sampler. It would be cool if slices were color-coded by relative key.

FEATURE SUGGESTION - Stock parametric EQ. Needs to be the best god damn stock PEQ ever if we've waited this long.

FEATURE SUGGESTION - Updated stock saturator. Dont get me wrong - save the one yall got as a classic version. But we need some kind of new soft clipper/waveshaper stock saturator type thing.

FEATURE SUGGESTION - Stock tuning tool. I have friends who play guitar and like to do microtuning stuff. A tool like this would be useful

FEATURE SUGGESTION - this thing -

MISC problems i need answers for..
    - What happened to iMaschine? There was so much room for growth and it kinda just stopped. I was envisioning some really cool forms of integration with Maschine MK3 and the NKS browser.
    - The NKS browser is going to be weighed down by the native instruments file path system on the MAC is big changes arent made.
    - Can we all just imagine a world where we could select 12 Maschine projects, name them properly and export them directly to all streaming platforms, and set up royalties, and copyrights through sounds.com? Maybe a higher tier membership perk or something i dont know...
    -Why cant i just upload my own sound kit to sounds.com? Why isn't there a user friendly way to do that? I should get asked to contribute on the welcome page of the site.

Okay im done. Follow me on ig @maso0on i do random sample pack giveaways on google drive in my story every once in a while

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

I don't count 99. I want my money back.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Et_Voila

Et_Voila NI Product Owner

Hey man,

Sorry, I just lauged so hard, I post and like your post without reading first : But count onto me : I read it now (that's maybe the nly thing I'll be able to do for you I think...).
    Brilliant title, funny, made me think at 6 millions ways to die, chose one...
    Chance be with you anyway...

_____

ISSUE - I've changed the names to all my samples and I now have ~1700 projects with missing samples. This has caused a lot of stress.
    >>>>>>

I've had and still have problems with the whole system of saving projects, and making template groups, and ''things'' applying itself and or destroying other versions of some projects :
    So, I always save a project with all its samples period.
    I slide out the subject, but it took kme ages to understand why I was always losing modulation lanes of Kontakt parameters onto my projects : When I save the group as, the one were is Kontakt: That is were bad things start to happen, I won't list, I still don't understand the system...

By now, if I did not do that, as I always clean out, order things in different ways as time goes in my sample library, all my projects would have this issue, and for all the older ones I did : This is the case:
    Missing samples. I feel sorry, but to me, you are responsible : Things are referencing sources, and you changed the names of the sources : Seems normal the project can't find things.

FEATURE SUGGESTION - Let us use native access to upload all our own user content... 3rd party drum kits, preset kits.

>>>
    Upload? Why/What for, I don't follow there.

FEATURE -- Maybe a Maschine remote application on the AppStore? We could control the Maschine mixer on our phone, reference audio on our phone/headphones etc. that would be really cool. Definitely a long term project but just an idea.
    >>>

Certainly a good idea : Why don't you look at legal contexts, and develop one yourself: Be filthy RICH ! Just kidding...

FEATURE Please, I need the NI gods to bless me and all the other Maschine users in the same position here.
    >>>

Thanks for us, but in my wiew point, you missed the opportunity to place yourself after the others, making this sacrifice might have attract the attention of the gods (so you're polytheist?), now I doubt it strongly.
    Very good feature suggestion by the way.

FEATURE - Edit history for projects? and all that other good stuff.
    >>>>

+1

FEATURE - Midi recall.
    >>>>

+1

FEATURE - Audio to MIDI converter. Drag a sample into a box - click a button - get some super inaccurate midi data spewed out onto the piano roll.
    Id be absolutely okay with that. ABleton aslo has this if yall need a reference.
    >>>

You can use Kontakt to do so. And Maschine's sampler does it too when you slice and hit apply, that's midi then, am I wrong ?

FEATURE SUGGESTION - Key detection
    >>>

+1

FEATURE SUGGESTION - Stock parametric EQ. Needs...
    >>>
    +1, and visuals even if...
    And also: Think abolut people likke me that are color blind.

FEATURE SUGGESTION - Updated stock saturator. Dont get me wrong - save the one yall got as a classic version. But we need some kind of new soft clipper/waveshaper stock saturator type thing.
    >>>

You're talking about the one knob into sampler's Maschine? Or the one into stock fx?

FEATURE SUGGESTION - Stock tuning tool.
    >>>

+1, to support you, but, if gods are hearing you, and do things for you, there's surely more important than that, just my viewpoint.
    You can certainly find some vst to do so meanwhile.

I should get asked to contribute on the welcome page of the site.
    >>>

Definitely, I agree.
    And how can one do to follow you, if one doesn't have twitter ?

Now once again, just my view point, but I think your main problem is that you're a Mac user...All things derives from there ;)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  4. mmjarecki

mmjarecki NI Product Owner

Well I’d be happy if mine didn’t crash when loading projects other than the startup one, oddly enough when I reboot and reload it is with the project it crashed on

But yours are good idea. I’d be interested in learning how to use midi more like you suggest would be easier.

A lot of people maschine days of revolutionary updates are over and that they are resting on their laurels. Still it is so easy I feel like it’s cheating and music creating and producing better production engineers and making worse musicians. I’m horrible at keyboard but sound like bach with kk mk1 and maschine

5. mason drielling

To be fair, one of my feature suggestions was a little box that lets us automatically save all projects with samples...

Thats true, it is my fault that im in this position. But getting myself out of this position should be alot easier. These feature suggestions could really help other disorganized people like me... The combination of a standalone meta organizing app, autosave projects, project history, automatically save projects with samples would put the organization of everything into overdrive and would be really fun.

FEATURE SUGGESTION - Ok fair, how about a feature in this hypothetical meta organizing app that lets us create NKS presets from any plugin or preset file.

Mac is the future old man!!! And plus - ive given Native Instruments like all of my money ever. Got me thinking about ableton.

We would be able to save all of our essential music production data in native access. Open it anywhere we are able to sign in. Would be cool wouldnt it? Also, if we were to use this hypothetical organizing app, everything would be super seamless. Drag a drum kit into the application, save it in Native access, tag it with help from the application. Bam open up maschine and its right there tagged looking scrumptious. No worries about loosing files in the future or any of that.

Your right but the file path on MAC doesnt make any sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No this is a little different. If i were to drag a simple piano.wav loop into ableton, i could get the midi notes play the same notes from the loop on a midi instrument. Id like a little button that gives us some kind of midi data from loops. Here is an example....

6. mason drielling

a little birdie told me that there are bug fixes coming in the next couple months. But an autosave feature would kind of get rid of all those problems wouldnt it? Maschine could crash every 4 seconds for all i care as long as it saves my projects lol

Alot of people are also keeping up with the technology - watching youtube tutorials and getting jealous of other programs... just saying....

7. mmjarecki

When I say crash I mean lock up my whole pc. It wasn’t happening a week ago. I still have faith I love NI I’m just repeating what some sentiments are from the other threads. I am complete noob to midi and daws I only have the free pro tolls and I’ve watched YouTube vids on how to make it work but it still loses a lot of functionality it just seems more complicated than it needs to be

8. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

mmjarecki: if you constantly get a crash when trying to open maschine, which seems to try to open your "last used project" try the following:

- look for that project file on your computer
    - put it in another location, so maschine software can't find it
    - now open maschine software, it should start with a fresh project
    - now go into maschine preferences and disable the option where it says to allways open with last used project (don't know exactly where it is...)

if i am talking Offtopic here, sorry. if not, try it, it can help ;-)

9. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Have you tried the free Softube Saturator?

Have you considered applying to join the beta testing?
    https://native-instruments.centercode.com

• Like Like x 2
  10. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

I could add more feature suggestions but then you have to update your topic to „I’ve got 399 problems...“. I‘m pretty sure that won‘t sound like JAY Z...:D;)

Just contribute with your stuff here https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/forums/feature-suggestions.227/ or join the Beta-Program.
    I‘m convinced that this is more valuable for the Maschine community then to present it here.

You brought up some good points.
    Currently, I‘m not aware about NI‘s priorities but IMO, they should come up (urgend) with performance recording/song layer (as partially announced with the release of the JAM-controller). Additionally, the modulation system should be overhauled (overview/access/tools) and also the DAW-integration (for those who want it to run as a plugin) is not intuitive enough. bla, bla, bla,.
    According to this, the Audio to MIDI feature (from Ableton) is currently far away.

I hope they are really working on 3.0 and new controllers in depth.

-> Now it‘s the point to start the 3.0 and/or Maschine DAW-discussion (again) :D:p

11. mmjarecki

B-rano- I’ll try it. Thanks

Super creative - I don’t know about other brands like akai but daw support to me seems the weak link and underwhelming

12. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

BUG - User Projects cannot be tagged. I brought this up in an earlier post. A key part here is that I think it came up before 2.8 updates and its a bug related to the browser yall are having problems with right now in 2.8+? Worthy of investigation I don't know...

I tried right now with 2.8.5 and it works fine on my side, just select a project then set edit in the lower zone of the browser and there you go,
    you can also set own tag names and edit the vendor and author under properties.

And you have some good suggestions

Uwe

• Like Like x 1