1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Izotope and Maschine

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by tempsperdu, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Alexandre Baroni

Alexandre Baroni New Member

Any new solution here? Just installed the new Ozone 9 and other Izotope´s new version. All the time it was scanned on KK.

2. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Look on the bright side...lately both Maschine and KK are scanning nearly every plugin before they open now...:rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  3. Alexandre Baroni

Mine is only with Izotope. I have more than 350 libraries and/or plug-ins.

4. Alexandre Baroni

Mine is rescaning Izotope, Softube, Rapid. Never found a solution. On Izotope it´s worst because of this double DLL on other places. So anoying.

5. tempsperdu

Currently, mine is Izotope and Eventide in the main and is it really so hard for them to come up with a fix for this? It's only Maschine and KK that this happens with.

6. Alexandre Baroni

Tracktion plug-ins also. Is NI seeing tis topic? How to these people know about these problems?

7. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

Oh they know, they just ignore it :p

• Like Like x 1
  8. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Is this a windows-only thing? I never had this issue.

9. tempsperdu

Probably but it has been noted for ages and it does get 'ever so slightly' annoying. I doubt anyone has killed anyone over it but I reckon they might have come close :eek::D

10. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

So... Since last year I also own the iZotope suite. In fact, I own several because I also grabbed Vocalsynth, Nectar and RX7 (now 8).

And I haven't got a clue what you guys are talking about. Yes, sometimes NI's products scan the iZotope VST's. But so do Live, Reason and Reaper, it's not as if this is something exclusive for NI. I can't help wonder if you guys aren't blaming NI for some automated iZotope updater being at work. For what's it worth I'm on Windows.

11. tempsperdu

Are you on a Mac? On Windows Maschine and KK scan all my Izotope and Eventide plugins (I have most of both) every time they are initialised, not just when the plugins are updated. I haven't got Live or Reason but Reaper does not do this nor Bitwig.

12. ShelLuser

Nope, Windows.

And like I said, I also see VST scans happening from time to time but that's not limited to iZotope. It scans my Vocaloid, Melodyne and others just as well, but this only takes a few seconds. I usually barely notice it. Same with those DAWs. Scanning sometimes happens, but it's hardly noticeable.

13. Howl

Howl NI Product Owner

the izotope plugins that are rescanned every time aren't plugins, that is known. cubase can report it now... great.. but does not rescan them...
    but is known that izotope places .dll's in the vst plugin folder, where izotope also installs the real "plugins", it are all dll's files, it even can contain almost nothing. so izotope made the mess.

it is simple, put them in a .xml file, when the scanner detects that they aren't plugins, it can be easily detected.

i see that slam dawg in my case also every time gets scanned. why i don't know, it is new behavior. i think..

but it hasn't really an impact on the start up time. is this new behavior or not, or is it my memory...

i have 10, i think, eventide plugins, aren't rescanned.

and i have another plugin, a great free reverb, dragonfly, that also put .dll's in the plugin directory.

(i don't use KK, but it seems the behavior is the same as with maschine.)

i have also softube plugins, no rescan.

so it is bit strange, in my case it rescans, slam dawg is only one .dll.

-------

i have checked my vst plugin folders. (vst2 folders)

slam dawg was there twice... that is why it has been rescanned. there was an update once, or so. i normally do check the directory, if it does not remember the directory, or even when it remembers, because with a load of plugins, i mainly use the standard settings, but sometimes you must choose the folder.

i also had problems with t-racks plugins, they also were in both folder i use on my laptop. didn't remember the right directory, or my mistake..
    i saw it with the latest version, yes the latest version does behave differenty. i always check, but most stuff updates and remembers the last directory. (and yes a lot t-racks plugins, but i have most of them, almost all of them...)

i think i am bit more messy on my laptop...

so perhaps; double check doubles...

14. ShelLuser

The installer places the VST's where you told 'm to place them.

For example, on my setup Ozone resides in d:\ableton\vst\ozone, which is also the only place where you'll find the DLL files (which are also the actual VST files, a VST is basically a DLL file). There are no other Ozone installations, nor any other VST files.

This isn't iZotope's doing.

15. tempsperdu

I generally allow programmes to install to their default locations and Maschine and KK scans Izotope and Eventide at start up every time. It takes a rather noticeable while for this to be done and really only happens with Maschine and KK. If there's a 'safe' way of altering their installation folders to stop this I'd appreciate a heads up.

16. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

For each iZotope plugin there are 2 DLL's and one of them is not in VST format. DAW's have some kind of blacklist feature to make sure these unrecognized DLL's are not scanned on every startup. Maschine doesn't have such feature.

17. ze303

ze303 NI Product Owner

I was going to reply that I do not see that issue, but looked to the start up screen when startting Maschine ( Winbdows Stanaloe) ;)
    All VST are stored in a differernt non default volume and the option to use always the latest NI plugin is disabled.

I have not observed it before because the VST Plugin Scan only last 15 seconds, but I see it.
    Probably people which don't see it have a very fast PC anmd it only takes a few seconds for the Plug-In scan.

I see Izotope and Filterbank scanning every time, interesting this are Plugins I do not see in Acid Pro where I see the majority of the other Plugins.

No Solution: But I think it as as said before some VST Plugin Act differently.

However where I would assume that Maschine is creating a checksum of each available Plugin and just compares the checksum to avoid scanning.
    Now assuming that the initial VST plugins loaded are to small to generate the checksum, I have seen as well that Izotope has at least more dlls is loads. Or consider, to generate checksum on a small file may take longer as to scan the file.

Richard Parker

I think this thread deals with a plugin scan for some plugins and not for all in your case.
    If this happens every time, delette the database, run a mnual scan, check as well if Windows Ransom protection is enabled and the directory with the database is not in a sercured folder. There should be some information or in the docs, how to delete the database.