JAM - select all notes in a sound

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by telecode101, Apr 26, 2019.

1. telecode101

telecode101 NI Product Owner

Not sure if there is a JAM section. I am still a newbie with Jam and still trying to get my head around it.

Is there a short cut where I can select all the note from a sound and nudge them all by 1/32?

for example, i have a drum pattern with a kick and hi hats that is 8 bars long. i want to select all the hi hats and change the grid to 1/32 and nudge then by 1/32 off the beat? i know how to change the grid. but whats the way to select all notes in a pattern of one sound ?

2. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

I didn't figure this out with jam, I think there is no nudge or not select function from the hardware. I use swing to nudge notes but do them one by one. Or I use the mouse

3. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

page 102
    A1AA858A-3A02-4499-BAB6-04CBB492F38D.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Thanks for that, but I remember testing that feature following an older thread and it was broken. Didn't test it since last updates though, would be great to have it to work again. Still selectin sounds from hardware is not possible AFAIK

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lotuz

Lotuz NI Product Owner

Selecting single or multiple notes* is possible from the Jam (see YouTube link below), but all notes of a sound at once I doubt. *This depends on how many fingers you have available to hold down pads. :p

Selecting all notes of a sound is possible from the normal Maschine controller though and it should also be possible from the Mikro. Or did you sell the Mikro, telecode101?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Yeah, thanks for that too, I use those modes extensively and they are great.. I nudge like that notes by notes..... I love the Jam anyway. The feature I'd like on it is the ability in step mode let's say 8bars so you have 4 pages in step mode in 16th note, to be able to step sequence the first page, then old duplicate like for the patterns, click page 1 that has been edited then click page 2 to paste.... Would be huge for the workflow. Same for deleting using clear button. AFAIK there is no function for this button combinations so that would be a great update for this controller that is left collecting dust and has so. Ich left to offer....

7. telecode101

T
    Thanks . No .I still have the Mikro still . I feel I have to use it in conjunction with the Jam. There are things the old Mikro allows me to do faster. I was just checking if the feature is in Jam. As I am finding I am sequencing basic structure of the rhythm on the Jam and then move to the Mikro to do the weird odd stuff . I just thought there might be a way to select all notes of sound from Jam that I wasn't aware of .

8. telecode101

Yup. I am noticing that as well. Clear clears the entire pattern. Still. Jam is killer for mixing and sequencing. Helps reduce carpal syndrome.