1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Jan / Feb 2020 message from Native Instruments

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Paul Jeszenszky, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Paul Jeszenszky

Paul Jeszenszky NI Team NI Team

Hi Everyone,

Due to the winter holidays followed by the NAMM conference in January, I don’t have a huge amount of updates in this post. There’s a lot in progress, but I can’t share much of it yet.

Most significantly, Maschine has the auto-growing patterns update dropping this month. I mentioned this in previous posts and I think it will be a great improvement to the Maschine workflow. We’re excited to find out what you think about it, and to get your feedback as we continue to evolve Maschine’s arrangement features with your help.

In Traktor, we’ve just released a public beta adding Pioneer XDJ 700, XDJ1000 MK2 and DJM-V10 integration. I know this was a long-standing request from the community, and we worked closely with Pioneer to make this happen. Check out the thread from the Traktor team for more info: https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/version-3-3-0-91-uploaded.375637/ Our team is also currently testing a firmware update that enables a new native MIDI mode for the S2 mk3 and the S3, which we are expecting to go into beta testing soon.

Aside from that, I thought it would be a good time to get your input on how we can keep these messages being as valuable and useful to you as possible going forward. We would like to know what the hot topics are for you – what you’d like to hear more about over the coming months in terms of products, or things happening at Native. Then we can start digging into those topics for you and hopefully provide you with some useful answers and insights. Please understand that I can’t answer every question and address every topic, but I’ll continue to share with you what I can.

We’ve put together a short survey, I’d really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to give us your input. And if there’s something we haven’t included in there but that you’d like to hear more about (again with the caveat that not it’s not possible to cover every topic), feel free to leave a reply below. Thanks for your time!

https://forms.gle/qioZUVQTLTeAaSa3A

Best for now,
    Paul

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  3. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

I haven’t got a google account either

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paul Jeszenszky

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who don't have Google accounts, I've attached a file so you can see what the survey form looks like. We're trying to get high level direction in terms of feedback.

As said in the original post though, you can share thoughts here in thread too. It would be nice to get some macro trends and understanding though as having a diverse list of smaller topics you want to hear about today or soon doesn't help in creating ongoing content that you'll find really valuable.

Best,
    Paul

Attached Files:

5. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

We changed the form, you're now also able to fill it out without the need of a Google account

• Like Like x 2
  6. Paul Jeszenszky

Cool. Thanks. And appreciate this as a general direction.

I hope that our new Reaktor content series on our blog, that should launch in 3-4 weeks, provides value for you and other Reaktor users as well. You'll have to share your feedback please once it comes out. We aim to have a weekly series just on Reaktor featuring insights, tips & techniques and actual artist workflow with other items to help people over time (eg. presets, DAW files), as they make sense.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Paul Jeszenszky

:thumbsup:

And it is definitely really helpful if as many of you as possible fill out the form.

8. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

9. Mutis

Mutis NI Product Owner

Feature request forum with true "in touch" with community will be amazing. There are still SO MANY things to innovate and keep being the forward thinking brand...

10. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

It definitely sounds exciting! I do have one question though I think to already know the answer: do I assume right that you can customize this setting in the settings to set the preferred default behavior?

I'm definitely excited to try this, but there's also value for me in using fixed sizes.

11. Andy_0815

Andy_0815 New Member

Dear NI colleagues,
    It is "nice" that you do everything for the Pinoeer people. I have to give some serious criticism here. Why aren't Catalina drivers made for Audio 6 and Audio 8? I still work with High Sierra because otherwise my DVS system won't work anymore. Why do you distribute the users who like vinyl feeling? For my part I will say goodbye to NI and choose another manufacturer.

12. Adil @ NI

Adil @ NI KOMPLETE TEAM NI Team

Hello,

You are indeed correct in saying that you can choose between the existing pattern lengths, and 'Auto' (which is a new entry in the pattern length menu - selectable via your hardware or software). I hope this helps.

Best,
    Adil

• Like Like x 2
  13. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

So I hope the others are fit with buggy Catalina!?!

• Like Like x 1
  14. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

Good luck with that.. as Paule also hinted at you're now forgetting one small detail: that Catalina caused a disaster throughout the entire DAW market, not just for Native Instruments. As a result nearly all developers / publishers came with one unified yet urgent suggestion: don't upgrade if you don't have to. From Ableton to Propellerheads to Steinberg. This could be a good read.

Sure, some developers managed to control some issues but... dozens of problems remain.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sndrsklr

sndrsklr NI Product Owner

I would just like to know if there is anything new for the DVS users in the pipeline? Will there be timecode support for Traktor DJ2 in the near future?

16. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Andy_0815 can change his OS and buy a pc!

17. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

The Audio 4 and 8 have been officially unsupported since macOS Sierra. They stopped working with Catalina is because Catalina does not support 32-bit drivers.

The Audio 6 and 10 are still supported, just download the latest drivers from https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/drivers-other-files/.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Scott Frost

Scott Frost New Member

When will full midi control be added to the s61mk2 so I can change midi channels from the keyboard itself and also some sort of switch so i don’t need to unplug cables all the time.

also are there any plans for new modular updates for Traktor like x1 f1 or z1 updates?

Also for traktor full maschine integration, I’d like to use maschine as my remix deck without the need to load upon and route through external software.

Thanks for reading... keep it up!

19. RichBeats

RichBeats NI Product Owner

Paul Jeszenszky Adil @ NI I'm not intending to be rude. This is the last week of February with no sign of the new Maschine update. Has it been delayed?

20. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey RichBeats,
    My apologies - we are running a few days behind schedule with the MASCHINE release and I am preparing an update on the coming release as we speak. We had some great conversations in our Beta test group to make sure the feature is ready for release and had a couple of last minute bug reports that we are investigating right now, to make sure we deliver a quality update and don't introduce any bugs.
    Thank you for your patience and we are trying to get the update out as soon as possible.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2