1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Jogwheel sensitivity for Pitch Bending

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by ZILCH, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZILCH

ZILCH NI Product Owner

hi there guys i received the S4 today - great product!

Although one thing really bugs me - the Jogwheel for pitch bending!

It is TOO LOOSE for manual pitch bending, will this be fixed in a future update?

I think its very important that this gets fixed, some of use like to beatmatch manually and with the super loose jogwheel its not very nice to do so
    ---
    by the way i tried going to the settings and changing the parameter on jogwheel sensitivity - it doesnt work!

2. FergieUS

FergieUS Forum Member

I agree. It would be nice to have the job wheels less sensitive for people. For people that do not use the sync button and would like to beat match (manually) the job wheel is essential. But at this point, it is way to sensitive to almost use.

The S4 is a great product.

Thanks

3. chrisrawles

chrisrawles Forum Member

4. NReek

NReek NI Product Owner

coming from a vci100, i have to tell you guys that manually beatmatching with the S4 is amazing, for me the sensitivity is perfect. compared to what it was with the vci, i can sincerely say i'm in heaven, and joyful for giving me back the control.

may i suggest, have you tried to use it softly and carefully?

5. Arango

Arango Forum Member

Well you might like the sensitivity but others might not its all based on opinion really. I dont really mind it either but it is more sensitive than i expected. I just think NI should give us the option to make it less sensitive if we want to. That way the people that want it sensitive keep it sensitive and the people that dont want it wont. simple.:D

6. NReek

NReek NI Product Owner

yes you're right pointing that's a subjective issue, and in any case you're right in asking what you feel you need. sorry, i was not trying to convince you but for me the change has been so good in that particular sense, it works so well that.. i wanted to share the experience.

7. ZILCH

ZILCH NI Product Owner

coming from pioneer cdj900s, i think they ARE too loose

at least they could have made that the setting would actually work, in the current version playing around with the setting does NOTHING, still extremely loose, they could have at least given the option of making it tighter, a shame coz the s4 jogwheel is really nice and heavy, it would be good if they give equally heavy pitch adjustment

8. Arango

Arango Forum Member

lets hope on a future update they make it work :D

9. jay michael

jay michael Forum Member

it would be really nice to be able to adjust it

10. Wes709

Wes709 New Member

a big +1 to adding that feature

11. Tarekith

Tarekith NI Product Owner

Yes please.

12. TxdoHawk

TxdoHawk Forum Member

I'm guessing the software adjustment not working in preferences is merely a bug and this has already been noted to fix for a future update...but just in case, I'm throwing my vote on this request topic as well.

13. DJ MAD NL

DJ MAD NL NI Product Owner

14. Sonika

Sonika NI Product Owner

15. Si_volume

Si_volume NI Product Owner

Any idea when this will be fixed NI? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.