1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Keep old boxes of Komplete?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Richard_L, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Richard_L

Richard_L NI Product Owner

What do you do with your old Komplete packages & disks? I have boxes of old Komplete versions I don't need but keep...just in case. They are taking up more space than I'd like.

I expect the issue is an older song that used Kontakt 3 or older iteration of other instrument that I may want to edit; need to have the old original disks, just in case?

Or can I download older version from NI site and not have to store old boxed disk set versions?

Comments?

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Keep the disks, throw the boxes. :D

3. UltimateOutsider

UltimateOutsider NI Product Owner

I wouldn't count on the software always being downloadable. Keep those discs and registration cards.

I bought Komplete 2 and 3 from someone on eBay... they didn't know the status of the serials, but they promised to refund me if I couldn't register them. Sadly, the serial numbers wouldn't work, so the seller refunded me and let me keep the boxes.

Komplete 2 included printed manuals for all the instruments. Amazing. I'm keeping all that even if I can't use the software.

4. Richard_L

Richard_L NI Product Owner

I finally checked back...thanks for input. I will keep disks and serials, at least.

5. Cornell Bentley

Cornell Bentley NI Product Owner

the same happened to me but they wouldn't refund the money ..

6. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

Was it really worth kicking up a 3,5 year old thread for this? :D

7. Cornell Bentley

Cornell Bentley NI Product Owner

All do respect sir, it actually was :) knowing that you aren't alone tends to lead persons to be less frustrated and also more productive members of society, but blessing and may you have a great day ...

PS: the thread could have been locked to prevent further comments, similarly to other post i've seen while attempting to bond with other in this lovely community :)

8. BIF

BIF NI Product Owner

In this case, I also don't mind reviving an old thread. The boxes aren't fancy anymore, but I used to keep the box for about a year or until the next version came out, then I would get a pair of scissors and cut off the back panel with all the pretty pictures; then recycle the remainder of the box.

I have kept my old DVD and HDD install discs, but it's rare that I would go back to one older than the most current version. Except in the current case, and that is because I haven't yet upgraded to K12U. There are no price discounts, so no reason to do so this holiday season. I'd rather buy things that actually have a significantly discounted price.

That and Native Access still terrifies me. Sorry, it was THAT BAD upon release that I still don't trust it. I'd rather upgrade my Arturia, Cubase, Live, or other software that doesn't scare me that much. Plus, a lot of those are cheaper than K12U too.