1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Kill on equalizer

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by souldancer, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. souldancer

souldancer New Member

I like to see complete kill on the bass, mid and treble, can this be done by a future software update, and why did NI not choose for this in the first place any special reason?

Thanx, Thomas

2. haze324

haze324 Forum Member

there was talk that the EQ's could possibly be push buttons to kill EQs and the word was NI chose not to go that route.

I have my low kill mapped to two Keys on my on keyboard. Works well if you have your laptop handy. Not as well as your controller, but it can be mapped to something if they are a must item.

3. 4nT1

4nT1 NI Product Owner

i think it should have a kill option as i really want to have kills available.. if its an integrated controller then you should be able to kill.. pls add

4. tp1979

tp1979 New Member

Total kill on the EQs should definitely be sorted as an update soon, can't be that difficult?

5. thecomputerguy

thecomputerguy NI Product Owner

Kills are essential for me in my mixing, with the current eq, I can still hear the low mid and high even when theyre turned all the way down, not good enough , need to kill the entire frequency at will, please look at this very important DJ Function......

6. TwoTONE

TwoTONE New Member

agreed with the computer guy im quite pissed with the fact that i cant truly kill the high mid or low

7. Samish

Samish NI Product Owner

Well, if kill is such important (filter would also work to complety isolate some frequencies), here's a suggestion : when the EQ knobs is at the its left end, it kills the frequency. Rotating it again would unkill-it.

But I think that would be complicated to implement.

8. Audiowerk

Audiowerk NI Product Owner

yeah - i want the eq kills back too !

9. DJ mech.anic

DJ mech.anic New Member

definitely

+1

10. Hetchbend

Hetchbend NI Product Owner

just create a user mapping with "kill"-function set to on if the EQ-Poti is all the way left.

11. STARiki

STARiki New Member

12. malzfreund

malzfreund NI Product Owner

+1 great feature for those who can't mix

13. STARiki

STARiki New Member

Well actually there are moments when the handle won't make on so much accurately as the button!

14. Samish

Samish NI Product Owner

Could you share how you d that ?

15. molenz

molenz Forum Member

+1 Full kill when knobs are fully to the left, surely that can't be difficult to implement.

16. Cid K

Cid K NI Product Owner

+1 for full kill

17. bimbongr

bimbongr NI Product Owner

At first I also wanted the kills because I was using Numark Mixtrack and it have those. But when I played around with my S4 I realized that They don't help me that much. Another button just for kills? Really? Just try rotating some knobs guys :)

18. molenz

molenz Forum Member

I don't want a button for full kill I just want the knobs to be full kill, none of the traktor eq's kill the bands completely.

How about another eq variant that goes to - infinity db.

Like I said it can't be too hard to implement.

19. kanariodjproducer

kanariodjproducer New Member

For next controller:

Kill on push EQ knobs, with a small LED next to the EQ knob like the internal Mixer. To show when the Kill is engaged!

Improve the browse knob, the pioneer approach in the DDJ-T1 works well.

A dedicated load button for each deck!

A dedicated button for selecting effects!

Include pitch knob in the controller!

Eliminate the virtual knobs in the effects section of the software! If they are both (knobs in the controller) moving in the same direction; why do I have to see it on the screen. Serato Itch Found a neat way to make it work.

Have a nice day guys! :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.