1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

KK 2.2 issue

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by michaelft77, Nov 24, 2019.

1. michaelft77

michaelft77 NI Product Owner

I have downloaded KK 2.2 but then noticed some of the warnings about setting up in stand alone first.... I did not
    do this. My pedals on the mk2 61 key don't work at all... Is there a way to fix this?

2. pranaearth

pranaearth NI Product Owner

Try restarting your computer then loading the standalone KK. I think all will be well after that.

3. michaelft77

Yeah, already went down that road..... mk2 61 pedals are not recognized..... funny thing is when I hook up my KK mk1 88 key
    the pedals work on the 88 but not the newer mk 2 61.

4. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

you may need to configure the pedals
    In the settings of KK software for the newer keyboard

5. michaelft77

see screen shot..... both KK keyboards hooked up in stand alone..... as you can see, both KK keyboards are greyed out so I can't configure the keyboards.... and in the header the keyboard icons are not there, just the midi function..... NI Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 2.33.51 PM.png

6. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

If they are greyed out then it appears they aren't being detected by your system/software

7. michaelft77

now the sustain pedal is loading the next preset...... when it clearly is set to cc64

8. michaelft77

WHOA!!! now I can't even open KK.... beach ball spinning...... reinstalled it..... same thing..... clearly 2.2 has some bugs.... anybody know how to get back to the previous version?

9. michaelft77

Well, So Kontakt recognizes my sustain pedal as does Vienna Sycron player and KK does not..... the sustain pedal loads the next preset
    even though within the software it clearly has pedal A assigned to cc64..... So, 1700.00 dollars later both KK keyboards and the software 2.2
    do not work in stand alone or Logic Pro...... a monumental f up from NI..... Any kind of assistance from the company takes days to receive and then only if you're lucky....... If there are any NI employed moderators here, pls help.

10. Adil @ NI

Adil @ NI KOMPLETE TEAM NI Team

Hi Michael,

We're sorry to see you're experiencing these issues with the latest update (this isn't something we can reproduce in-house). Your installation may have been corrupted, so please remove Komplete Kontrol from your computer by following the steps in this article, and reinstall from Native Access. If this does not work, please contact Native Instruments Customer Support.

Best,
    Adil

11. michaelft77

Adil..... thanks so much for your help.... so far, so good..... The only issue I see is that my brand new Moog expression pedal is very jittery in going from 0-127 even after calibration..... the touch strip on the mk2 s61 is very smooth but not the pedal.... I think my biggest complaint with KK is although it is incredible software when it works, there are those days ( probably once a week) when it goes off the rails and some basic functions cease to work..... pedals, switching tracks in Logic and KK software not responding to the new track etc...... at least a half dozen issues. I hope the KK team keeps working on it.... thanks again.

12. michaelft77

the drama continues..... Adil , spent three hours this morning getting up and running. All pedals are working a ok..... After that my Vienna patches were not loading... KK couldn't find the plugin.... finally got that resolved..... Then, I opened a Logic Pro session that had a Spitfire legato cello patch.
    I tried reloading and some of the cello patches were not visible in the KK software....... did a rescan ...... still the legato patches in the Spitfire Solo strings are not available to me...... This is what I am referring to..... a constant struggle almost every day to have a working environment where I can concentrate on composing music....... Why would a whole portion of the solo strings library not be available?

13. michaelft77

Adil..... I'm afraid most of my problems are a result of me trying to use two KK controllers at the same time. I have written about this and asked for an update that might accommodate the situation.... For us folks that bought into the early 88 keyboard and then bought another after the mk2 came out it seems that the two keyboards might work together...... My request would be that I can access the key switches lighting on the 88 and access the browsing, loading and editing features of the 61...... Is there a way to do this?

14. Adil @ NI

Adil @ NI KOMPLETE TEAM NI Team

Hi Michael,

Are you still experiencing issues in KOMPLETE KONTROL 2.3.0?

Best,
    Adil