KK: Could not load Plug-in (macOS Sierra)

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL S-SERIES' started by Dmitry Anderson, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Dmitry Anderson

Dmitry Anderson New Member

So tired of NI products quality...

Couldn't load any NI plugin after update KK to v1.80.
    Here is what I'm talking about:

I updated all NI plugins via NI Access (but of course I have "download bug", so I've downloaded them manually), I've cleanup KK database and formed it again, all path's are right and so on, and so for.
    Also I've been talking to NI support countless times and it's the worst support I've ever seen. But I'm still believe in them, so I'll try one more time.

So, dear NI support: can you suggest something smart to back KK to life?
    Thanks.

2. gs-dk

gs-dk NI Product Owner

Go back to 1.7.1

3. Dmitry Anderson

This isn't a good advice. This situation repeats couple time before, but I defeated it (I've loaded any plugin directly and than loading through KK began to work, but not this time).

4. Adil @ NI

Adil @ NI KOMPLETE TEAM NI Team

Hello. Please follow these steps:
    1. Launch Komplete Kontrol Standalone.
    2. Check that the Plug-in locations are correct in Komplete Kontrol > Preferences > Plug-ins > Locations.
    3. Rescan both your Plug-ins and Library (also in preferences).

5. Dmitry Anderson

Hi Adil,

Thanks but this doesn't work. I've attached 22mins video to prove it.

6. Adil @ NI

I am unable to watch your video - can you check privacy settings?

7. Dmitry Anderson

Ooops, fixed.

8. Adil @ NI

From the video (around the two minute mark), I can see that the location in Finder is:
    - Macintosh HD/Users/Dmitry/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments

but the location you have in Komplete Kontrol preferences is:
    - Macintosh HD/Users/Shared

Please could you double check that the locations of both your Plug-ins and their libraries are correct, paying special attention to Mac user library vs shared library etc. The default locations are as follows:

Library: Macintosh HD/Users/Shared
    Plug-ins: Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST

I hope this helps.

9. Dmitry Anderson

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  10. Dmitry Anderson

So as I assumed no hope for some real help from NI official. Very loyal company.

11. thusis

thusis NI Product Owner

1.8 is horrible buggy, i have issues as well...

12. Istvan @ NI

Istvan @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hi Dmitry,

can you open the contents directly in their standalone apps?
    (for example Vintage Organs in the Kontakt, Razor in Reaktor,....)

And are the Factory Presets available when opening Battery 4/Absynth 5/FM8/Massive in standalone mode?

If the issue persists please contact TechSupport directly so that the file permissions/paths/... can be checked too.

13. Dmitry Anderson

Yep, everything is fine with apps or plugins, except for KK.

Yep, but I was start using ALL plugins through KK plugin (or app - doesn't matter). And now I'm stuck in with KK and can't write anything. Again and again I trusted to NI but in vain.
    Hope on forthcoming fix from NI team.

As I see throughout this forum - this issue is permanent. Ok, I'll contact to techsupport. Thanks.

14. Nick Brighten

Nick Brighten Member

Do you have to rescan the plugin folder - VST / AU ???
    Do you have to reset the AU-Plugin Cache ???

For me, everything work fine with the plugins...

15. gs-dk

gs-dk NI Product Owner

Have you upgraded ProTools?

16. Dmitry Anderson

There is a full video in first post to answer your questions.
    I'm saying even about stand alone KK app.

Well, guys, cooome on - it's very buggy :)

17. thusis

thusis NI Product Owner

I would suggest a komplete reinstall of Komplete Kontrol. Means delete standalone app and plugins, all files in application support/native instruments/komplete kontrol and as well user/library/apllication support/komplete kontrol as well kompletely delete native access application and files in application support and user/library/application support. In preferences delete the .plist file for komplete kontrol. I would expect from NI an appropriate uninstaller but they're simply noobs in this case, only selling but the after service items are not adequate...I had similar issues with 1.8 but with the librarys. So try this and simply delete everyting and then start from scratch with the full installer and upgrade to 1.8, should work...

18. Dmitry Anderson

That's not gonna help.

19. thusis

thusis NI Product Owner

Why? In your video, you did not...

You only erased the the komplete.db3 file...There are others: Delete all files in /Users/UserLibrary/Application Support/Native Instruments/Komplete Kontrol and as well delete /Users/User/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Shared delete the favorites.db3 file...Kompletely deinstall native access and dont install again. Go to https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/update-manager/ and get komplete kontrol 1.8 from there...Check as well the Users/UserLibrary/Application Support/Native Instruments/ for Files for Native Access and aswell in here /Users/User/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/ for Native Access. Erase everything you find in these two locations for native acess. And as well the .plist file in preference for Native Access and Komplete Kontrol...Then after everything is deleted: reinstall the full installer and upgrade to 1.8. This worked for me...Give it a chance...Takes you max 15 min.

20. Dmitry Anderson

Let's start with the fact that I shoudn't do all this things in normal way.
    Then
    Don't you know that there are so many other stuff installed?
    Don't you know there is no "deinstall" or uninstall feature in macOS ? You have to manually walks through some folders and delete NI depending files, like in /Library/Preference com.native-instruments.*

Waiting for the tech support answer.