Knob Snap / EQ Snap

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Onwijs, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Onwijs

Onwijs New Member

Hey, could you please help me?
    I have set up the snap function with the modifier, but the knob is not changing position on the screen in traktor. But as soon as I touch the not and twist it just a little nudge, that it snaps to the position.
    Why is this happening?

Thank you!
    (working in the latest traktor version with a Xone K2)

This "Knob Snap" feature is basically just a hold type modifier button and can be really easily created.

Add In > Modifier / type=button / interaction=hold / value=1

But it's better to see what modifier is already assigned for Shift buttons S2 mapping - if I'm correct it's M1 for A side and M2 for B side of the controller. To test this buttons just hold shift while you take a look in to little modifier condition displays in the controller manager.

[​IMG]

And these are commands you want to modify:

Left Shift: Deck A
    High EQ / Fader-direct (M1=0)
    Mid EQ / Fader-direct (M1=0)
    Low EQ / Fader-direct (M1=0)
    Filter / Fader-direct (M1=0)
    Volume / Fader-direct (M1=0)

Right Shift: Deck B
    High EQ / Fader-direct (M2=0)
    Mid EQ / Fader-direct (M2=0)
    Low EQ / Fader-direct (M2=0)
    Filter / Fader-direct (M2=0)
    Volume / Fader-direct (M2=0)

2. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

What controller are you mapping?
    Also probably best if you upload the tsi. file so we can all check it out.
    Mapping is very tricky once you start using modifiers. And the controller sometimes has an application manager that can change how the knobs react, leds, etc.

3. Onwijs

Onwijs New Member

hey Zephry,

thank you for the response!
    I attached the tsi file for my Xone K2 controller.
    The snap function is only set up in the mapping for channel A with the high, mid and low EQ.
    Let me know if you can get it working...

Greets,
    Florian

Attached Files:

4. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

Sorry I don't own that controller, but I will still look at the tsi.
    I have never heard of Knob Snap?
    Are you trying to make the EQ section switch between decks using the same knobs? If so a button to switch the modifier may be the answer.
    Also is there a map already for that controller? Check here. https://maps.djtechtools.com
    And here.
    https://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/mappingone.aspx?id=174

There are a lot of mappings for that controller you might be able to add to it or find exactly all you need.

5. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

Ok wait, do you mean the EQ snap function?
    Turning a knob and the software knob changes holding shift.
    But the eq itself is unchanged until shift is released and "snaps" to the position?
    This is possible with the mouse and the software and if I remember correctly the Traktor Z2.
    It is not possible to map because the command needed to "virtually move the knob" is not available. The closest you could get is probably some type of mapping that used 2 knobs and switching between them.
    The knobs would also need to be "knobs" not endless "encoders".

I might be way off but that is what I am guessing you mean.

6. Onwijs

Onwijs New Member

Yes! That's exactly what i mean. The EQ snap function. So you are telling me that is not possible to map. I had previously to this controller, the Z2, and that's when i got fond of that great function.

7. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

Yeah I remember a post a couple years ago. It was Z2 only.
    I tried testing a way to achieve the snap function and the closest is using a modifier hold. You can achieve a switch action(that is not very accurate) but the ability to have the knob snap back is not possible (maybe a couple set points could be achieved with some more modifiers but still nothing close to the precise movement by right clicking the mouse on a knob or the Z2).
    Also a funky way to do this could be using two knobs but so easy to mess up just not accurate at all.