Kompakt instruments v1.08

Discussion in 'KOMPAKT' started by sebengwada, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sebengwada

sebengwada NI Product Owner

I am currently using Artist Drums (Kompakt instruments) as a plug-in in Sonar 4.0 Producer Edition.
    I have got a real problem when bouncing or exporting to audio my kompakt tracks (clicks, poor sound quality).
    Anyway, everything is OK when I use normal playback.

NI online support team have told me to download Kompakt Instruments v1.08 (as in this version the bug is fixed) but it looks like this version does not exist!! (or I cannot find it).

I have sent several e-mails to NI but they don't answer...
    Somebody could tell me where I can get that?

2. pmwaring

pmwaring NI Product Owner

The latest version of the Artist Drums Kompakt Player is 1.0.3.010. I think that Artist Drums got overlooked when they updated all of the other players to v1.08.

3. sebengwada

Hi pmwaring,

Thanks for your answer...
    So what can I do?

If I could get the EastWest Kompakt v1.08, would it be possible to keep on using Best Service-Artist Drums sound libraries?

If this is not possible, what is your advice?
    I need to solve my export-to-audio problem in Sonar...

Why is this so complicated?

4. pmwaring

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by EastWest Kompakt v1.08. Each library has its own specific Kompakt player, so you couldn't for example load Artist Drums into the Hardcore Bass player.

However any of the Kompakt Player based libraries will load into the FULL version of Kompakt, Kontakt and Kontakt 2.

Regards,

Paul.

5. sebengwada

Hello,

So: in case of not getting this Best Service upgrade, the solution would be to buy Kompakt full version, that's it?

Thanks a lot, really, I think I am starting to understand...

6. pmwaring

I don't know why there hasn't been an update to Artist Drums. I contacted Best Service but recieved no reply.

I thought that NI would have updated all of the Kompakt Players to 1.08 as a matter of course. This may not to be the case, but who should we contact?

If you can afford it I would get Kontakt 2 as it has a many more features than Kompakt.

7. sebengwada

NI technical support just have told me that there will be a v1.08 update to be downloaded on the website. This update is for Best Service Kompakt instruments users. Anyway, we'll have to wait a few weeks...

8. pmwaring

Cool, I'll keeps my eyes open.

9. multipass

multipass Forum Member

This may be obvious, but have you tried unchecking Fast Bounce at the bottom of the Mix Enables list? I've had similar problems with bouncing and that always works for me.

10. pmwaring

Artist Drums 1.08 update is now available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.