KOMPAKT OSX update postponed

Discussion in 'KOMPAKT' started by Julian Ringel, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julian Ringel

Julian Ringel NI Product Owner

Hello,

Just to let you know. We are still working on the OSX update of KOMPAKT. It will take some more time. But it shouldn't be too long anymore.

Sorry for the delay,
    Julian

2. centralrush

centralrush New Member

please hurry.

3. elly

elly New Member

Are we talking days, weeks or months here? Afterall, the download icon and description are posted on your official site.

I'm extremely disappointed to have purchased a product that the manufacturer knew I wouldn't be able to use but marketed it suggesting otherwise. Certainly you should be considering some sort of "offer" for misled customers to improve your damaged reputation in the market.

4. rhys_minion

rhys_minion NI Product Owner

I will not be buying NI again.

Simple as that.

5. jonboy

jonboy NI Product Owner

Julian,

thanks for your message - can you update us as to where you are at with it now? I've booked some recording time at the begining of December and could really do with knowing whether Kompakt will be ready for it then.

Thanks,

jonboy

6. Patrice Deceuninck

Patrice Deceuninck NI Product Owner

Hi !

I've bought EWQLSO six weeks ago and I still can't use it on my brand new mac...
    Please could you tell us when it will be available? What does mean exactly "It shouldn't be too long..." ???
    Just like Jonboy I need it urgently !

Thanks,

Pat

7. SergeQue

SergeQue New Member

kompakt

I would like to know were i can return my kompakt because i bought it thinking the update already existed. Now because of false advertising im stuck with a sampler i cant use. I have absynth, fm7, battery, and now compact, I think ive spent enough money on a company that should not mislead its customers.

S.

8. Panzermensch

Panzermensch NI Product Owner

just bring it back to your dealer. he must give you the
    money back immediatly. I did it last Friday too. I bought
    an EXS24 instead and this Sampler really kicks ass! And
    its real - not a promo-fake! It is strongly recommended
    to all Kompakt-OSX-Victims to bring your Sampler back to
    your Dealer BEFORE December. Otherwise you´ll get Nothing!

9. SergeQue

SergeQue New Member

KOMPAKT ripoff

Thanks for the suggestion. But the problem is im running Cubase sx2 and I cant get the logic sampler. Although Ive heard amazing stuff about it I didnt think it was necessary for me to switch from cubase to logic for their VSTis. Ive been using cubase for 5 years so im just kinda stuck on it. I just expected more from such a reputable company. All i see is that everyone is complaing about how they are treated. The company is plain LYING to our faces and telling us " Buy our software and well see if we feel like it well help your, eventually, maybe, sort of. " I do have to say that I will fight to return this product and never again purchase anything from NI. Not only that I will tell all my friends who are producers and djs not to buy anything.

S.

10. Robse

Robse NI Product Owner

any new information about the AU Version of Kompakt?

Cu
    Robse

11. jonboy

jonboy NI Product Owner

The silence on this is a little disappointing.

The link to the "free upgrade" in the box goes to the homepage. E-mails to NI are also going unanswered - come on guys, it's not a difficult question! How are you getting on? Will we get it this month, as the timetable says?

Wann wird es beendet werden?

Jonboy

12. swpspce

swpspce NI Product Owner

very dissapointed

My partner got me Kompakt yesterday - little surprise from her. I tell you, we are sorely suprised, even after reading that "little piece of paper" inside the box informing you to download the update for mac OS X and then actually discovering that NI have not released the update.

Bollocks to you I say - she was sold a product under the pretense that it would function on mac OS X. IF only I knew she intended to buy Kompakt - I would have STOPPED HER.

The retailer will not take it back - now I have installed it on my partners PC. GREAT.

WHEN WHEN WHEN, as I have seen on this forum the question has been asked for a loooooooooong time.

Vapourware seems to be NI's biggest asset.

not impressed at all.

13. Panzermensch

Panzermensch NI Product Owner

Native Instruments will not release any Version of Kompakt OSX, definitively! They´ll stop further developments of a Product wich was never planned for an OSX-Version (imo).

14. swpspce

swpspce NI Product Owner

I hope not

I REALLY hope that is not the case ;(

Guess we will have to wait an see....

15. Patrice Deceuninck

Patrice Deceuninck NI Product Owner

Hi !

Two months ago you said it should be ready in october.

One month ago you said it should be ready in november.

We are now the first of december... and still no AU update :-(

I understand you work hard. I understand you don't wanna release an AU update plenty of bugs and that's why you're beta-testing it for a long time. I do understand. I really do !

But, what I don't understand is the reason why, month after month, you push away the release date. It's just like making fools of us. You don't even answer our posts anymore. You don't even excuse. Seems like you're ignoring us.

January? February? But, please, only 1 date !!!

I've bought a G5 and EWQLSO and I can't use them. My PC is just too old to run such a library. I have many projects (short movies) to work on and I can't use my brand new library. I'm really disapointed and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Hope you'll answer my post,

Cheers,

Patrice

16. elly

elly New Member

Julian

Here's an obvious suggestion. Why doesn't NI simply "give" each of us who were duped by the Kompakt OSX scam a free update to Kontakt OSX. This won't cost NI as much as an increasingly damaged reputation in the market place will in the long run. Download,by mail who cares...just get us a product that works as promised.

17. Palm

Palm NI Product Owner

Regarding EWQLSO I'm in the same position. On OS 9 it refuses to run smoothly in DFD mode and the update for OSX is still vapourware. All I can say is: if you own a Mac and want to use expensive sample libraries which require an NI sampler instrument: wait!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.