Solved Komplete 12 Specs

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by Mike Turnbull, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Mike Turnbull

Mike Turnbull New Member

Hi all,

So, I'm considering upgrading my entire DAW and VST set-up.

Basically, I've been using Cubase Studio 4, and Dimension Pro VST instruments, since 2007. Despite still working, I'm keen to upgrade these to more modern, and supported, sounds.

I've been interested in Komplete for a while and just wanted to ask whether it would work well on either my Lenovo laptop and/or MacBook Pro.

The specs for the Lenovo are:

Windows 10
    Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-3520M CPU @ 2.90 GHz 2.90 GHz
    8 GB RAM

My Mac are:

MacBook Pro
    OS Mojave
    2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
    8 GB RAM

I'm thinking about purchasing Komplete, in the first instance, and seeing how it works on Cubase Studio 4 (which is installed on the Lenovo). Does it look like the Lenovo could handle it ok?

Also, is it possible to install on PC and Mac at the same time?

I'm currently trialing Cubase 10.5 and Logic Pro on the Mac, so would like to know if I can try Komplete with them at the same time as the Lenovo.

Thanks in advance!

2. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

Yes you can, you can install on up to 2 (or 3) computers simultaneously ... My suggestion would be to download the Free Komplete Start Package, the specs are:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 or 10.15 (latest update)

Windows 7, 8, 10 (64-bit, latest Service Pack)

Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended)
    2 GB free disk space (7 GB for complete installation)
    Graphics hardware support for OpenGL 2.1 or higher

and is available here:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-start/

Both your computers meet the specs and since its free you don't have to shell out any $ to make sure you like it. My suggestion though would be to read and understand all the installation instructions, and Just to clarify, Komplete Start is basically "Komplete Lite" it Includes Kontakt Player, Reaktor Player and Komplete Kontrol and a Subset of Factory Sounds.

3. Mike Turnbull

Mike Turnbull New Member

Hi Eddie,

That's really helpful, thank you for the response!

Do you think that, if I like the 'lite' version, that the Lenovo could handle the full package?

I get confused with processor chips!

4. Blindeddie

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mike Turnbull

Mike Turnbull New Member

And one further question on this:

Should I decide not to upgrade my DAW just yet, would Komplete 12 work on Cubase Studio 4?

6. Blindeddie

If Komplete Start works in C4, the K12 should work fine!

7. Mike Turnbull

Mike Turnbull New Member

Oh good. Yes, Komplete Start/Kontrol worked fine on it although I need to put it through a full test to see how much it drains the system.

Thanks again, Eddie.